Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
Devastation 

I don't think any of you really feel that way, but I thought it an interesting read.

Not going to lie, I loved it.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
djcubez
14 years ago
Wow, better than any actually sports journalist can write in my opinion, that was great. I feel like the article echoes my sentiments but magnifies them a bit more than I actually feel them. I mean, it's life these things happen and hindsight is almost always 20/20.

My favorite though was this part:

Did you see the clips of Vikings fans celebrating at Brett Favre's steakhouse? On Brett Favre Way? Two blocks from Lambeau Field? For those of us who bleed Green and Gold, that's kind of like Muslims spitting on the wailing wall in Jerusalem.

A bit extreme of a comparison but honestly it is really disheartening.

And I completely agree with this statement:

"But now he won't be loved in Green Bay -- doesn't that count for something? Twenty years hence he won't be going back for nostalgic reunions. Isn't whether people truly admire you -- as opposed to hyping you on television -- important in life? Favre traded a lot of his esteem for $25 million and a chance to taunt his former supporters in Wisconsin. There is something unseemly about his attitude, and the attitude of those around him"

It's apparent that Favre doesn't care about his future--he lives in the moment. Just watch his game, his emotional and erratic behavior, his struggles with painkillers and alcohol, and his inability to make decisions--this is a guy that has never had to plan for anything in his life and it shows. If only Favre could have been born with the ability to see ahead of his current frame of reference--to understand how his decisions will ultimately influence his life in the big picture--we all would have been saved from...this.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Good read.
UserPostedImage
DGB454
14 years ago
Favre made his decision. He will be the one that will have to live with it. Fortunately for us we don't have too anymore. We have the the future in Rogers. Favre is the past. (a distant memory for me) I have no issues whatsoever moving on without him and for the moment he doesn't have any moving on without us. In a year (maybe 2) he will be a distant memory for the NFL but Rogers will play on and lead this team to the Super Bowl. Favre will sit and watch wishing he could have done that one more time wearing Green and Gold.

On to more important matters.
Now if we could just get a O-Line that can protect Rogers we would be set.
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
I consider myself a staunt Packer fan, have een since the 60's, I am sorry but I don't feel betrayed by Brett, he hasn't broken my heart, even though it is Minny he is playing for, I am just happy to be able to watch him play another year.

Monday night was very hard, especially when Brett kept disecting The Packer defense in ways only a 17 year vet could.

He was one step ahead of The defense all night long. The Packers gambled, taking away the run and daring Brett to beat them, that is exactly what he did.

There will be another meeting in 3-1/2 weeks, hopefully The Packers can go into that game at 4-2 and have a chance to beat Brett and The Vikings to pull even or go around them.

Whatever the circumstanes were or are, reality is that Brett Favre is now playing in Minnesota.

20 years from now(I hope I am still around to see it)Brett Favre will be rememebered as one of the all-time great GREEN BAY PACKERS.

Time heals all wounds, whatever happens this year or even next will not change my view of Brett Favre.

I would much rather Brett Favre was still playing for The Packers, but he is not and Aaron Rodgers has gotten off to a good start as his replacement.

Hopefully 20 years from now The Packers can invite back both guys as Packer legends, only time will tell.

The reality of now is that The Vikings are better, but that doesn't mean they will be better after week 16, it was a tough loss to swallow last week, but it was only 1 week in a long season, and this season will only be 1 of 110 in 20 years, I will not let the circumstances of the past year and a half
destroy any memories of the past.

Brett Favre, when he is done playing, will be remembered as a Green Bay Packer, just like Unitas was a Colt, or Namath was a Jet.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Stevetarded
14 years ago
It never bothered me that Brett changed his mind about wanting to play again. It doesn't even really bother me that much that he is on the Vikings. What bothers me is I always thought he was this laid back cool cat and last year he shows his true colors and acted like an absolute dick (with all of the lying and childish drama-queen shit) and lost all of the personal respect I had for him.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Has any quarterback ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams?
UserPostedImage
djcubez
14 years ago

Has any quarterback ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

No quarterback ever started for two different Super Bowl winners, BUT Craig Morton is the only quarterback in NFL history to start the Super Bowl for two different teams (Dallas in 1970 and Denver in 1977).

Kurt Warner, QB- Arizona will be only the second quarterback to start the Super Bowl for two different teams when he takes the snap in Tampa on February 1,2009.

These two quarterbacks played for two different teams in the Super Bowl:
Earl Morrall, QB - Baltimore (III, V), Miami (VII, VIII)
Jeff Rutledge, QB - New York Giants (XXI), Washington (XXVI)

Also the following were on the roster but did not play 1 or 2 of the games.
Matt Cavanaugh, QB - San Francisco (XIX*), New York Giants (XXV*)
Jim McMahon, QB - Chicago (XX), Green Bay (XXXI*)

One quarterback left out of the two different teams in two super bowl that only played in one of the two games is Neil O'Donnell in Super Bowls xxx, and xxxiv as a member of the Steelers and Titans respectfully.

source 
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
That's what I thought. So . . . it would be interesting, were Favre to win a Super Bowl in Minnesota, how he would be remembered 20 years down the road. Americans have very short memories. Though admittedly far more highlight videos of Favre in green and gold would survive, he'd have as many images in purple raising the Lombardi Trophy as he would in green. It's an intriguing thought.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
14 years ago

That's what I thought. So . . . it would be interesting, were Favre to win a Super Bowl in Minnesota, how he would be remembered 20 years down the road. Americans have very short memories. Though admittedly far more highlight videos of Favre in green and gold would survive, he'd have as many images in purple raising the Lombardi Trophy as he would in green. It's an intriguing thought.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Not to mention that it 's 10 years since his last Super Bowl so he'd also probably set a record for longest NFL tenure between Super Bowl starts.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (9h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (13h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (14h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (17h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (17h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (17h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.