Grabacr
14 years ago
i think Rodgers is the best for getting the job done with so much chaff around him. To still get up and make some throws after being hit so many times. (and not get injured: FINGERS CROSSED) has just shown to me he has the fire.

Farve has the best team in the league. I think thats a given. But he said it himself he might not make it throughout the year. But the way they are playing he might just sit out the end 1/4 of the season if pack and da bears dont keep up.

But its an interesting discussion. Especially the Orton/Cutler scenario aswell, makes me think....is he that bad? I think both teams are doing well....even if i cant believe that Denver are 5-0.

I look forward to seeing how atleast the next couple games pan out. See if the vikings start slowing down Farves tosses, Rodgers stays injury free and if Cutler has to resind more or less to Forte. Im watching with open eyes
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

Saying the Vikings QB is doing the best is a bunch of bullshit, in my opinion. He has the best RB in the league, one of the best defenses, the best pass rushing DE wreaking havoc and a good special teams unit.

Vikings QB is on the best team in the NFC North and playing with in a system predicated on short passes and beasty runs with a powerful defense.

Vikings QB is best? I say fuck you and open your eyes!

/me please note, I hate the Vikings, not you. ;)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I know he's surrounded by the best talent - but it's not like he's not playing well. I hate the Vikes as much as most (maybe not you - that's some serious hate), but that doesn't mean Favre isn't playing at a very high level. For now.

If we're going to add in stuff like potential and whatnot, then I might amend my statement. But as for who's playing the best right now, it's Favre. Believe me, I'd love to have a different answer.
blank
IronMan
14 years ago
Right now, Favre is the best QB in the division.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Vikings QB is not the best QB in the division. That's absurd to even consider that. Cutler is doing more with the talent around him that Vikings QB is.

Funny thread. What's next, Troy Aikman was the best QB ever? Where's my Kit Kat?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Saying the Vikings QB is doing the best is a bunch of bullshit, in my opinion. He has the best RB in the league, one of the best defenses, the best pass rushing DE wreaking havoc and a good special teams unit.

Vikings QB is on the best team in the NFC North and playing with in a system predicated on short passes and beasty runs with a powerful defense.

Vikings QB is best? I say fuck you and open your eyes!

/me please note, I hate the Vikings, not you. ;)

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

I know he's surrounded by the best talent - but it's not like he's not playing well. I hate the Vikes as much as most (maybe not you - that's some serious hate), but that doesn't mean Favre isn't playing at a very high level. For now.

If we're going to add in stuff like potential and whatnot, then I might amend my statement. But as for who's playing the best right now, it's Favre. Believe me, I'd love to have a different answer.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Vikings QB is playing at a high level, wouldn't be with that talent around him? You give any QB a lot of time that has even half the experience he does, you'll see similar results.

I've watched all four QB's and I simply disagree. Not saying I'm right, or anyone is wrong. I just disagree. Rodgers is playing very well considering a large portion of his time is on the ground. Vikings QB is making the plays that are expected out of a QB and some dandy ones too (SF throw), Cutler is looking like a difrerent QB than I seen in game one, which is scary.

OL
Vikings

RB
Vikings

WR
Packers
Vikings

TE
Vikings

Defense
Vikings

Special Teams
Vikings

noticing the trend? So, as Vikings QB deserves credit, he does not deserve to be heralded as the best QB in the division when football is thrown into the mix instead of just pure numbers.

Edit, you know what, I just realized what I'm doing here. Forget it, Vikings QB is the best in the league right now. There, Favre smoochers can back off and now can we focus on the Packers and their upcoming game? 🙂 On a serious note, I think he is doing very well.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

WR
Packers
Vikings

TE
Vikings

Really?

They might get the TE one on depth, but receiver? No way. Harvin might be 'dynamic', but he really hasn't been as impressive as Vikings fans appear to make you want to believe. Berrian can run fast. And he can run fast. Sidney Rice is decent, but not progressing as they're hoping (I asume). Greg Lewis is a decent 3rd/4th receiver. I'd compate him to Martin. Although he was impressive for a year or two in Philly and lastly, Reynaud and Johnson are nothing more than special teamers. Our Blackmon and Swain, really.

I don't think you can give them the nod on that one.

That said, this is the same reason why you can't compare Cutler and Orton. With Cutler being Rodgers and Orton Favre. Not a totally fair comparison, but still.
dhazer
14 years ago
Driver, Jennings and Nelson = 632 yds 4 tds

Harvin, Rice and Berrian = 682 yds 5 tds

pretty close there granted the vikes played one more game but also threw 22 more times. So all in all i say its pretty even.

edit: damn Favre has 30 more completions than Rodgers has.

back on topic Lord Favre is the best qb in the division if you go by stats and qb ranking

Favre #4 104.1 rating

Rodgers #8 101.1 rating

Culter # 14 89.3

of course we won't put the lions on here because they play 2 qbs 😛
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Well, that solidifies my point even more if you ask me, Dhazer.

They have a better O-line and the best running game in the league, yet, their receivers are producing the same numbers as ours.

I mean, do you really want to tell me that they have better receivers? I think that both our nr. 1 and nr. 2 guy beat their nr. 1 guy hands down. Harvin has an impressive skill set, but hasn't shown me that he's a complete receiver. He doesn't have to, since he's a rookie, but I really don't think that they're coming close to our receiving core at this point.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Wait, Vikings QB has better stats? NO FUCKING SHIT SHERLOCK!

wow ... Better Team = Better Stats

This is insane. I'm going back to my comment since some people want to be dense.

FUCK THE VIKINGS QB!!!

heh
UserPostedImage
UffDaVikes
14 years ago
Right now I would have to say that Brett is the best in the division. He has taken the Brad Childress Kick ass offense (KAO) and really made it kick ass. There is no comparison between the passing game with him now and any other QB of the Chilly era.

But he is only a band-aid. All of the other teams in the division have long term solutions at QB who can take their teams as far as the talent around them allows. Give Rodgers or Cutler a championship caliber roster and they will deliver. Stafford is a ? yet as it is too early to tell. The Vikings, OTOH have Jackson behind Brett and he is not a QB who you can build a team around so once Brett is gone they are back at square 1.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

7h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

13h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

21h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.