obi1
14 years ago

Source Link 

Tauscher's deal for this season only
The contract that tackle Mark Tauscher signed this morning is for the remainder of the 2009 season only.

Tauscher, who is in his 10th NFL season, said the Packers were the first team to offer him a contract. He worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs two weeks ago, but the Chiefs didn't make him an offer.

The NFL minimum for a player with nine accrued seasons is $745,000. Players are paid in 17-week installments (16 games plus the bye week), so Tauscher already has missed five weeks pay. It's not clear yet whether Tauscher's contract has performance-based incentives or is strictly a minimum deal.

Tauscher had been working out mostly at the University of Wisconsin, where he went to college, since he had surgery to repair the torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee on Jan. 15. He said he felt good after practice but indicated that he's probably not quite ready to play yet.

"I'm in good shape," Tauscher said. "But there's a different between football shape and jogging down the street shape."

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I think Rob is reading our forum and stealing information I posted. Phucker!

Hey, wait a minute,
I believe I said that he may NOT be in football shape...
blank
AKampfan78
14 years ago
I am just happy that we are making strides to improving our team. I think that after the o-line, the only real area of concern is rb. however improving the line will help that as well.
In Heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here!
Hawkeye fan 4-Life!
Packers 3-1 in games I have attended (12/28/08 Lions, 9/27/09 Rams, 11/20/11 Buccaneers & 12/19/11 Chiefs)
Pack93z
14 years ago

Hey, wait a minute,

"obi1" wrote:

And having him signed and able to fully participate with Redding and company for the bye week wasn't worth the minimum I guess..

But I am done yipping about it.. time to get ready for Sunday and time to right the blessed ship already.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
14 years ago

I am just happy that we are making strides to improving our team. I think that after the o-line, the only real area of concern is rb. however improving the line will help that as well.

"AKampfan78" wrote:

Oh no.. I still have a bone to pick in the playing time at linebacker... the under performing are getting way to many damn snaps.. lol.

Hopefully the staff seen some thing to either fix with the inside backers or put in the thumper.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
masseyattack
14 years ago
The worrying thing is that no-one else appears to have come close to signing Tauscher, although admittedly he's only just fit enough to return to football activities. Is this an indicator of Tauscher's ability at his age, or merely because other teams didn't want to pay him for rehab.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Hey, wait a minute,

"pack93z" wrote:

And having him signed and able to fully participate with Redding and company for the bye week wasn't worth the minimum I guess..

But I am done yipping about it.. time to get ready for Sunday and time to right the blessed ship already.

"obi1" wrote:

44k to work out a couple days? That's not football shape. The Packers had a large portion of the week off. This is just not a valid argument at all. Normally I side with you, but, I just can't on this one.

Packers used the first half of the week doing some self eval stuff. Then had off til Monday. So what would the point be? Pay the man nearly 44k to work out in Packers training room vs UW? Sorry, just not buying into that one.

NOW, if the Packers were in TOWN and practicing (like i think they should have been), I completely agree with you because then he gets live practice which helps one get into football shape.

No one gets into football shape in the weight room. Not even with Redding.

You can question Rob's facts, but c'mon man, he stole the facts from me!!! lol
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

I am glad Mark was finally signed. Too bad they didn't get this done 4 months ago.
If Cliffy is still injured has Mark ever played LT?

"aa-rod_is_cool" wrote:

The packers were waiting to see how he was doing with his injury. And his projected date to be over it was October 1st so doing it 4 months ago wouldnt have made any sense..

"wpr" wrote:

Ya got me Tex. I was exaggerating.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

Hey, wait a minute,

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

44k to work out a couple days? That's not football shape. The Packers had a large portion of the week off. This is just not a valid argument at all. Normally I side with you, but, I just can't on this one.

Packers used the first half of the week doing some self eval stuff. Then had off til Monday. So what would the point be? Pay the man nearly 44k to work out in Packers training room vs UW? Sorry, just not buying into that one.

NOW, if the Packers were in TOWN and practicing (like i think they should have been), I completely agree with you because then he gets live practice which helps one get into football shape.

No one gets into football shape in the weight room. Not even with Redding.

You can question Rob's facts, but c'mon man, he stole the facts from me!!! lol

"obi1" wrote:

You mean to tell me that if they had signed Mark last week that they could not have found one single DL who would have been willing to show up and work out with Mark for a couple of days of one on one drills? There is no one on the DL that is willing to tell the coach that he would like some extra time working on his moves? I guess you are right the defense rush is so good no one needs any extra reps.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

You mean to tell me that if they had signed Mark last week that they could not have found one single DL who would have been willing to show up and work out with Mark for a couple of days of one on one drills? There is no one on the DL that is willing to tell the coach that he would like some extra time working on his moves? I guess you are right the defense rush is so good no one needs any extra reps.

"wpr" wrote:

Hey, I never said I agreed with what happened. I'm just explaining it from the facts that I've learned and read. Christ, go ambush the freaking Packers staff. They're the ones who gave the damn team off most of the week. Not me. I personally think they should have been practicing and Tauscher should have been signed earlier to get the drills down and to help get him into football shape. Freakin big bully!!!
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
So Zero.. you agree with me then. :lol:
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12m) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (15m) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (16m) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (59m) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (1h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (12h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (13h) : damn those vikings
beast (13h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (13h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (13h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (13h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (13h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (20h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (21h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (21h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.