Zero2Cool
14 years ago

As for head to head with the Vikings, McCarthey is still 5-2, so I don't know what the choke the season away comment is about.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Neither does he. He's just spouting off, again.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

That's just the way the cookie crumbled. I'll take it, luck or not.

For over 3 quarters, though, the Vikings pretty much dominated the Ravens. All it took was a nice adjustment on the Ravens to attack a worthless backup CB and a few conservative offensive calls by the Vikings to get back into the game.

And 93z, I don't blame Allen for that Ray Rice TD.. The announcers even mentioned that was the safety's hole to fill, and he was late getting there. Big time late. Tyrell Johnson. He's gotta step up his game.

What I find funny is how all you Pack fans are holding on to the string of faith that the Vikings will eventually choke their season away, just like history says. That's something the Packers have been getting good at in recent years, too.

"DakotaT" wrote:

If you're feeling good about the quality of football your team has displayed this season, then I've given you too much credit for being a knowledgeable football fan in the past. They should be 4-2, with wins over real crappy Cleveland and Detroit teams. Let's not pencil them in to the Super Bowl just yet.

As for head to head with the Vikings, McCarthey is still 5-2, so I don't know what the choke the season away comment is about.

"Formo" wrote:

I never said I was feeling good about the quality of football the Vikes have displayed.. Well, kinda. The quality of football my team displayed for the majority of the Ravens game I was impressed with, thus feeling good about. The DBs display in the 4th quarter is a completely different story. You say they 'should be' a certain record, when they are not. Good football teams win close football contests. Good football teams beat teams they are supposed to beat. Both of those categories, the Vikings are passing. What if the Vikings scored a TD in the final 2 minutes of that Ravens game instead of settling for a FG? Or what if they scored 2 TDs in the final half of the 4th? If you guys can play the 'what if' game with that last FG attempt, I can do the same in the opposing direction. Bottom line, my team won, thus I'm happy with. Not with 100% of the performance, but with the record.

And the choke comment about the Packers.. How many playoff appearances have you guys had since your last Super Bowl win, and how many failed Super Bowl wins? 31 teams choke away their season every year. Some choke it away sooner rather than later by not making the playoffs, others wait a bit longer. The longer your team waits to win the big game, the more choke-fest seasons you deal with.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
14 years ago

What I find funny is how all you Pack fans are holding on to the string of faith that the Vikings will eventually choke their season away, just like history says. That's something the Packers have been getting good at in recent years, too.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

What the crap are you talking about? When have the Packers looked GOOD in the first quarter of the season? The Packers are known for being SLOW starters. The last playoff game we had, what play, umm, enough said.

STFU. Take your six wins and shove them up your ass!

/bastard off :)

"Formo" wrote:

You're kinda cute when you are mad. =)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

lol the Ravens cost me one right pick this week! Bastids!

But, back up what ya said please. I wanna know when the Packers started out so hot and choked down the stretch. I think you'll have a helluva time finding a time when the Packers started 6 - 0, but after you find it, post it. Post when we've choked like the Vikings.

"Formo" wrote:

I never said they started out hot. I just said they've been choking a lot lately along with my Vikings.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
I will say we choked away the 07 season.. as LTF stated.. whom had a hand in that choke?

BTW.. you can pin that Rice touchdown on Johnson all you want.. Allen got pushed out of the play be a tight end with an assist of his own.. he was setting up wider and wider to try and get by Oher because he couldn't beat him straight up... the Ravens seen it and exploited it.

Oher in a Packer uni would have looked nice I think. Heard he spouted that Allen wasn't anything special.. that outta send the redneck off his rocker for a couple days. Waiting for Allen to spout off back..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Gravedigga
14 years ago

They're 6 - 0. Luck has nothing to do with it. They are the better team. The better team won.

"mi_keys" wrote:

Did you watch the game? The Ravens absolutely had their way on offense with the Vikes on all of their last possessions. They scored in 1:13 to get it to 27-17. Minnesota gets a FG after the Ravens have an awesome defensive stand in the red zone to make it 30-17. The Ravens score a few minutes later after a big play by Ray Rice to make it 30-24. The Vikes get the ball and get dominated by Ray Lewis and the D for a three and out and the Vikings have to punt from their end zone. Ravens get the ball at the Vikings 35 yard-line and on the first play Ray Rice runs into the end zone making it 31-30 Ravens. The Vikings get the ball and are looking like they might get stopped when Favre heaves a ball into one-on-one coverage against Frank Walker who gets beat and the Vikings are already in the FG range. They run the clock and then get the FG to take the lead 34-31. Flacco gets the ball at the 20 with no timeouts and 1:58 left. He makes phenomenal throws to lead his team to a 44-yard FG with 3 seconds on the clock. Than the kicker misses. Now the Vikings clearly were getting beat in the final quarter of the game but two big, considerably lucky plays (63 yard Favre all or nothing bomb and a missed FG) aided them in winning the game. I think they deserved to get beat and I don't think the better team prevailed in this game.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

There's four quarters to a game.

"djcubez" wrote:

Yea but the fourth quarter is the last quarter of the game and when it's over the team with the most points win. So whoever does better in the fourth quarter and takes the lead will probably win the game...

I mean seriously, if you're going to criticize my post say something more than a one-liner.

You have two good teams playing this game, the Vikings and the Ravens. The Ravens have now lost 3 really close games after starting 3-0. The Vikings have done the exact opposite squeaking out with wins in two close games. All I'm saying is a few plays go a different way in the closing seconds of each game and the Ravens could be 6-0 while the Vikings could be 4-2. Yes, things didn't go that way, I understand, but saying that the Vikings didn't get lucky today is complete bullshit--any NFL kicker should make that field goal.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

6-0

"djcubez" wrote:

Vikings fans could say the same thing in '03 after six games and they failed to make the playoffs that year.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

How many are left from that 2003 squad? Same coaches and players?
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
IronMan
14 years ago
Gravedigger, I could have swore just the other day you had a Packers avatar, now you have a Vikings avatar. What gives?
Formo
14 years ago

I will say we choked away the 07 season.. as LTF stated.. whom had a hand in that choke?

BTW.. you can pin that Rice touchdown on Johnson all you want.. Allen got pushed out of the play be a tight end with an assist of his own.. he was setting up wider and wider to try and get by Oher because he couldn't beat him straight up... the Ravens seen it and exploited it.

Oher in a Packer uni would have looked nice I think. Heard he spouted that Allen wasn't anything special.. that outta send the redneck off his rocker for a couple days. Waiting for Allen to spout off back..

"pack93z" wrote:

Damn straight I'll pin that TD on Johnson.. he was untouched, had a clean shot.. And fucking WAVED to Rice as he ran by.

He.
WAVED.

I'm not saying Allen couldn't have maybe broken that hold that offensive guy had on and maybe had a hand in bringing Rice down. But Johnson didn't have to break any sort of block/hold.

EDIT: Oh, I'm aware of who was the QB of your Packer's chokefests (Rodgers was the leader last year).. But it really doesn't matter who the players are.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

Gravedigger, I could have swore just the other day you had a Packers avatar, now you have a Vikings avatar. What gives?

"IronMan" wrote:

Zero likes to play with people's sigs/avatars. 😛 That's why.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

[

I never said I was feeling good about the quality of football the Vikes have displayed.. Well, kinda. The quality of football my team displayed for the majority of the Ravens game I was impressed with, thus feeling good about. The DBs display in the 4th quarter is a completely different story. You say they 'should be' a certain record, when they are not. Good football teams win close football contests. Good football teams beat teams they are supposed to beat. Both of those categories, the Vikings are passing. What if the Vikings scored a TD in the final 2 minutes of that Ravens game instead of settling for a FG? Or what if they scored 2 TDs in the final half of the 4th? If you guys can play the 'what if' game with that last FG attempt, I can do the same in the opposing direction. Bottom line, my team won, thus I'm happy with. Not with 100% of the performance, but with the record.

And the choke comment about the Packers.. How many playoff appearances have you guys had since your last Super Bowl win, and how many failed Super Bowl wins? 31 teams choke away their season every year. Some choke it away sooner rather than later by not making the playoffs, others wait a bit longer. The longer your team waits to win the big game, the more choke-fest seasons you deal with.

"Formo" wrote:

All I wanted you to do was have you admit you are not as good as your record. Never do you guys take the humble approach, and that is why I fricken hate all of you. Viking fans carry unwarranted arrogance, especially when you consider all of the talent that has been pissed away by that organization.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

All I wanted you to do was have you admit you are not as good as your record. Never do you guys take the humble approach, and that is why I fricken hate all of you. Viking fans carry unwarranted arrogance, especially when you consider all of the talent that has been pissed away by that organization.

"DakotaT" wrote:

FACT: Vikings fan's can't back up what they say.
FACT: Two key members of the game winning drive/points in the Ravens game ... FORMER PACKERS. Learn to develop your own talent you leaching Yankee wannabe fucks!
FACT: FUCK THE VIKINGS!

:)
UserPostedImage