obi1
  • obi1
  • Registered Topic Starter
14 years ago
Than I ever thought!

The interior line blew up. They were just terrible at blocking for both the run AND the pass and I am now becoming a believer in Rodgers' abilities.

I have been his fan but last two games showed that he also has the grit and the toughness to go with his passing ability.

It remains to be seen how well the line will block for him this season. IF they don't perform, what prevents Rodgers from wanting to move on to a team with a better Oline?
blank
Dulak
14 years ago
Well I remember only 1 sack that was all on rodgers IMO. The rest were a fault of the Oline or perhaps a combo but probably more on the Oline.

That one guy kept coming through with no blockers on him. Lang was doing pretty good.
obi1
  • obi1
14 years ago

Well I remember only 1 sack that was all on rodgers IMO. The rest were a fault of the Oline or perhaps a combo but probably more on the Oline.

That one guy kept coming through with no blockers on him. Lang was doing pretty good.

"Dulak" wrote:

And Include the fact that last week, Allen came through for 4+sacks tells me that one or two on the Oline need adjustments. Different blocking scheme, different players, different play calling come to mind.
blank
IronMan
14 years ago
Why is Campen still employed with the Packers? Why?
RainX
14 years ago

what prevents Rodgers from wanting to move on to a team with a better Oline?

"obi1" wrote:

The 6 year, 65 million dollar extension we signed him to last season that keeps him locked up through the 2014 season.

At this stage in the game, you might as well throw Lang out there for a start against Cleveland next week and see what he can do since Clifton is probably going to miss a couple of more games.

It's pretty depressing as to how good this team could be if they even had an average offensive line.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Much of the pressure was different this week. More from the LBers this week. Two minimum were ridiculous. There should never, ever be pressure from inside that quick. My god.

Looking forward to see Lang play and Tauscher back STARTING. Having those players on the edge that can be depended on makes the middle work much easier.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
obi1
  • obi1
14 years ago

"RainX" wrote:

The 6 year, 65 million dollar extension we signed him to last season that keeps him locked up through the 2014 season.

At this stage in the game, you might as well throw Lang out there for a start against Cleveland next week and see what he can do since Clifton is probably going to miss a couple of more games.

It's pretty depressing as to how good this team could be if they even had an average offensive line.

"obi1" wrote:

I am speaking theoretically, and what prevents from other teams from calling? Vikings may be?
blank
obi1
  • obi1
14 years ago

Much of the pressure was different this week. More from the LBers this week. Two minimum were ridiculous. There should never, ever be pressure from inside that quick. My god.

Looking forward to see Lang play and Tauscher back STARTING. Having those players on the edge that can be depended on makes the middle work much easier.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

I agree. I am anxious to see what Tauscher has left. However, I think as a whole our Oline is inept to say the least.

Our blocking scheme sucks. We have a 5 WR package... Can we come up with 8 Offensive linemen package?... Half kidding!
blank
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

"obi1" wrote:

"RainX" wrote:

I am speaking theoretically, and what prevents from other teams from calling? Vikings may be?

"obi1" wrote:

Call blocking. Email filters. Security dogs.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Porforis
14 years ago
This applies to the entire team, but I'd like to focus on the O line, since that is the subject of this topic.
Mike McCarthy needs to take penalties seriously. Enough pussyfooting around the issue. If you get a flag thrown on you, you get fined 100 dollars for each yard it cost the team (I would put a cap on that, no reason for someone to pay 6000 dollars for a Pass interference). In a game like today where the Packers were completely in control, he should have benched Clifton for three reasons.

1. Give him some rest so he doesn't kill himself
2. Penalties
3. Giving TJ Lang some experience

The same goes for anybody who makes a boneheaded penalty. If you lack discipline and are going to make dumb mistakes, sit your ass on the bench for at least a couple quarters and think about it. The downside is that we're running out of bodies to replace people with, especially at O line.

I'm also sick of Nick Barnett's swagger after plays in which he actually makes a tackle or doesn't commit a personal foul. You're mediocre at best this year and cost the team a LOT in penalties. Calm the heck down and save your energy for doing your job, rather than making an ass out of yourself.

I think that even if Clifton is ok to play the game next week, Lang should be in. At the very least, Lang could hold his own, and I saw some impressive push on some run plays, and pretty good blocking on passing downs. I think he's earned a start over an oft-flagged, injured Clifton. That ankle needs to get better more than we need him in the game.
Fan Shout
beast (6h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (7h) : damn those vikings
beast (8h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (8h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (8h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (8h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (15h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (15h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.