Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
Have any of you noticed, that even though the guy is DEAD they keep showing his commercials?
I mean, hiw COLD is that?
I just heard one on the TV as i was sitting here, and i just HAD to write.
Last night we were watching TV, and he comes on to pitch some phone gadget that plays your cell phone through your car speakers. I do a pretty mean imitation of him, so i start chiming in "Even though I'm dead, i STILL use this jack! It even works when your 6 feet under! The groundhogs and earthworms can even get your calls!"
I just couldn't HELP myself......my wife was laughing and shaking her head....
UserPostedImage
MontanaBob
14 years ago
Way to go Cheesey! Even the dearly beloved passed away aren't safe from you. Every time I hear his name or see a commercial I think of OxyClean.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
14 years ago
LOL! "OXYCLEAN!"
"Never have a dirty ox again, use OXyclean! Guarenteed to keep your ox showroom clean! Your neighbors will be envious!"

"John......how come OUR ox never looks as good as Billiy's???"
"Cause he uses OXYCLEAN!!!"
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
When I see these commercials, it just makes me think of death and how sudden it can come. Very unfortunate.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Have any of you noticed, that even though the guy is DEAD they keep showing his commercials?
I mean, hiw COLD is that?

"Cheesey" wrote:

I do a pretty mean imitation of him, so i start chiming in "Even though I'm dead, i STILL use this jack! It even works when your 6 feet under! The groundhogs and earthworms can even get your calls!"
I just couldn't HELP myself......my wife was laughing and shaking her head....

"Cheesey" wrote:

:wickedfart:

They still show one of his commercial thingies here, as well. No one actually knows who he is or that he has passed away here, though. It's some kind of gel you put on your car to make scratches dissappear.
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
14 years ago

When I see these commercials, it just makes me think of death and how sudden it can come. Very unfortunate.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yup....fact is....all of us will have that happen to us some day.
Thats why i prefer to try to find anything funny i can. Otherwise, it can be quite depressing. Believe me, i have lost WAY too many loved ones in my own life. You either learn how to cope with it, or get depressed and go nuts. You can sit and think about death, which WILL come some day, or learn to live each day as it comes. As close as i came to "buying the farm" last February, i was more concerned about those i would be leaving behind instead of what was happening to me. I was going nuts trying to figure out how to let the people on here know what was going on. Had i not had Julie's phone number, i would have been worried that i was gonna die, and no one here would know what happened. Crazy, hey?
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I think it's pretty cool actually. Billy Mays had a wife and young children. It's not every family that gets to profit from their father's/husband's work after his death. Mays' accomplishments are still putting food on his family's table. That's something to be proud of.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

I think it's pretty cool actually. Billy Mays had a wife and young children. It's not every family that gets to profit from their father's/husband's work after his death. Mays' accomplishments are still putting food on his family's table. That's something to be proud of.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Yeah when I was one of his commercials after he was gone I was a bit surprised. (It was only a week or two later) but I figured that MOMMA wanted the show to go on.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
14 years ago
I don't think alot of people know that cocaine was found in his system. I don't know how much that may have contributed to his death.
It's a shame for his family.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.