dfosterf
14 years ago
I came home, told my wife, I think she forgot.

I have seen alot of shit in my life.

This one. for some odd reason, is sticking with me... It might have to do with my wife, I don't know.

Lady pulls out of a side-street. Call it a Toyota. Something like that, I don't remember. Young lad, main-street, going approximately 40 mph over the 40 mph speed limit.

Nails her. T-Bones her. Whatever the definition is. (His) Mustang is now Allenbee's parking lot, upside down. He car is still on the main drag, but unfortunately about 50 feet from that intersection. He nailed her..side on.
dfosterf
14 years ago
I just went home. My wife knew I was "bugged", but she never knew why.

It took me a week. This one is not "G" rated.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Non is an aspiring physician. I have some, but not all...interest in that.

I decided not to tell this story. It is graphic and bad, but the lady lived.

People are afraid to get involved. They do not know what to do.

This is what you do:

1. Stop the bleeding. (YES,) before step two, if the bleeding is bad enough, you will know.

2. Clear the airway. Terminology confuses people. Put your left hand on his chest, put your face on his..your lips over his, squeeze his nostrils shut, and BLOW.

3. Protect the wound.
Don't worry about this one so much if 1 and 2 are in serious jeopardy. Go clean, IF YOU CAN.

4. Prevent and/or treat for shock. This one sneaks up on you and can absolutely KILL the guy. Raise his legs a taste (blood to the head) Watch his temp. (If you can) Blanket. Talk to him. No shit...He will fucking DIE on your ass if you forget this....

Again....

Traffic accident...whatever....

Stop the bleeding
Clear the airway
Protect the wound
Prevent or treat for shock

Be a fucking hero, next time, PLUS--- Everyman should know this, and in my opinion, if you do not...You are not a man. Period. Don't be holding your balls in that kind of scenario... This is NOT dancing...
TheEngineer
14 years ago
An important piece of information is that you must ensure that it is safe to approach in order attempt rescue or resuscitation. Do not become a casualty yourself needlessly!

Dave, I can't imagine what it must have been like for you. I think you should talk to you wife about it again. It seems to have affected you quite a bit, as I am sure anybody in your position - I'm sure when she realises the severity of what happened she won't forget.
blank
dfosterf
14 years ago
Direct pressure means precisely that, He will be screaming. It hurts. Forget the boy scouts. Tourniquet if you need one. Note the time, if you can. Put the GD thing on, if you need to. Forget the time,,,that is for a friggin' classroom, if in doubt.

Learn:

Mouth-to-mouth.

Chest-pressure-arm lift method.

CPR my-ass... what is that? LEARN the above!
dfosterf
14 years ago

An important piece of information is that you must ensure that it is safe to approach in order attempt rescue or resuscitation. Do not become a casualty yourself needlessly!

Dave, I can't imagine what it must have been like for you. I think you should talk to you wife about it again. It seems to have affected you quite a bit, as I am sure anybody in your position - I'm sure when she realises the severity of what happened she won't forget.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

That was nothing.

Nice thought...you were being nice, I am trying to convey some perspective.

My wife is protected in life.

Stop the bleeding. No shit. They will probably live. I have seen 'em die because folks were bashful. That is all.
Trippster
14 years ago
Dfoster, I like you more every post.

Here's a beer to a hero on that day. (yes, I am actually sitting in a bar at this moment toasting you!)
"Let Your Light Shine!"
dfosterf
14 years ago

Dfoster, I like you more every post.

Here's a beer to a hero on that day. (yes, I am actually sitting in a bar at this moment toasting you!)

"Trippster" wrote:

Those are kind words, Tripp---really. Honestly though, I wasn't looking for 'em, although I got no problem with the kindness.

What is bugging me is the fact that so many attempted to come to her aid and had no clue as to what to do. Think about it a moment. What would you do with a lady that had a severed body part (for example)?

My whole thread is to get people to think of such a thing...PLUS give them the courage to ACT when they see it. If I can get one dude to pull over when he otherwise might not....well, he can tell his story here... I will listen.

Stop the bleeding, Clear the airway, Protect the wound, Prevent or treat for shock.

Oh, and ask me about "chest pressure arm lift method"...THEN I know you care, lol
Cheesey
14 years ago
Dfoster.....you are right. People are afraid to get involved. Some of it is because they don't know what to do and are afraid they might mess up and cause worse injuries. The other is they are afraid of getting sued. Thats an unfortunate possibility. And even if the judge sides with you that you were just trying to help, you still end up with having to pay a lawyer to defend you.

I myself have helped out at accidents, but i was lucky that so far none of them were severe injuries.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
When I had my 4x4 I would go driving on the highways in the middle of snow storms pulling people out of ditches. A cop pulled over and told me I could get taken to court for any damages done to the vehicle even if they were solely from the driver going into the ditch and nothing from me pulling them out. Why? Because I didn't have a towing license. I tried telling him that I've pulled out dozens each winter and he said I was fortunate no one has taken my plates down and took me to the cleaner. He refused to allow me to finish pulling this specific person out of the ditch.

My dad used to get nervous about me doing that as well. He said that one of these days I wouldn't be coming home. He thought that someone would try killing me or something like that.

I think that's over board. I mean, who goes driving around in winter, middle of a snow storm, driving there car into a ditch, hoping to land a lawsuit against someone or to do harm to them? Just seems absurd to me.

The feeling one has when going into a ditch during a snow storm, is one of being helpless and fear. When I can make their day better by simply pulling them out and not even asking for a dime in return, except a thank you, it's a great feeling both ways.

If someone was harmed physically where they were bleeding, I don't know if I could be much help in that situation. The only thing I'd know to do is to try an stop the bleeding and apply pressure. Other than that, I'd probably be useless. Apparently that means I'm not a man.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (12h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (12h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (13h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (16h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (16h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.