Cal2GreenBay
14 years ago
This is HARD for me to say.

I'm the one who was on Aaron's bandwagon back in 05 when everyone was resistant to it and was pro-Favre. But I did say that I would call it like it is and not be an unconditional supporter.

Now..regarding this season...after that awful Tampa Bay game(he has yet to beat Tampa Bay by the way)...

I KNOW that the offensive line is in shambles
I KNOW that the defense is allowing points in the 3-4 and Kamp is misused.
I KNOW that Mike McCarthy's coaching is suspect..

All those things being considered.

Aaron has to PLAY BETTER...

I read articles about Aaron's taking three years of notes from Brett Favre.
I think Aaron's notes of how Brett did things carried his play as a starter for about a year and now it's on him to move beyond the notes and show his own abilities.

What I LIKED ABOUT AARON'S GAME at CAL, was that he was a new wave
of quarterback. How he carried the ball, how he used his footwork..how he
had such a quick release and accuracy.

He uses NONE of that now.

Aaron carries the ball at his hip and pats the ball down. He is prone to fumbles and gripping issues of the ball.

Aaron had to windup his throw and even though he's talented enough to still have a quick release..it DOES affect his accuracy AND his decision making. He didn't RELY on his arm to make plays before. He relied on his precision. Now he scrambles around(not by his choice lately), but carries the ball at the hip and throws the risky throw. Sound like a familiar QB in Minnesota?

Aaron(probably because of Mike McCarthy's direction) has abandoned the high ball carry, footwork that he had at CAL and resembles Brett in many ways and it just looks like an imitation and not is real game.

His decision making is also more GAMBLER than precise. Many times I've heard him say "I will get the ball to play playmakers so they can make plays"

Yesterday..Aaron threw the higher risk throw. He would have 2 dump off passes to running backs or crossing receivers where he could make the precise throw and it's on the receiver to make up the 5 yards to the first down.

Instead, he goes for the guy PAST the first yard line and makes the riskier throw.

WHEN did his decison making get like this? Is is too many sacks and the hits are messing him up?

This certain other QB in Minnesota, seems to be going for the efficient throw.

HOW DID THIS ROLE REVERSAL TAKE PLACE?

Aaron's playing like the old Brett Favre, and Brett Favre 40(what I call the minnesota version)..is playing like what I THOUGHT Aaron would play like in Green Bay.

I'm not an NFL coach, and there's probably a lot of holes in my theory...but
it just looks that way in my eyes.

I was a fan of Aaron's for those attributes I listed above. He know longer
shows those attributes and it has hurt my view of him as a fan.

Now he's "gambling" more on plays and holding onto the ball too long to make the BIG play instead of the RIGHT play.

I don't like that and it's hard for me to support it.

YES I SAID IT.
blank
14 years ago
His stats were looking good, so people kind of forgot about the whole sophomore slump that starting QB's often go through. I'm thinking that it's showing up in his antsiness in the pocket, though. The early O-line struggles did not help him, and now he's contributing to as many sacks as his line is. Much like the rest of this team, he has the tools and the talent, but it's all backfiring right now. The entire team seems to be worried about f'ing up.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
1st half two plays with quick routes, to many WR running deep. Rodgers can throw quick, just hasn't needed to because the WR are not running those routes, they are streaking downfield.

The play calling is hurting Rodgers, give him some quick short options and you will see that player you have been watching for.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Quit with the fucking comparisons already. Can we continue to be idiotic about this? I mean, seriously? Un-fucking-REAL.

Ok, that's out of my system now, until the next moron brings it up.

The way he's holding the ball is not that much of a problem.

His chief issue is decision making. His decision to hold the ball to the last second and throw it - need to stop.

I think Rodgers needs to start counting in his head, one, two, three and do his last progression and then either throw it away or run.

Rodgers is a great talent playing in only his 2nd starting season. I get that. I understand that. He still needs to play wiser.
UserPostedImage
Cal2GreenBay
14 years ago

Quit with the fucking comparisons already. Can we continue to be idiotic about this? I mean, seriously? Un-fucking-REAL.

Ok, that's out of my system now, until the next moron brings it up.

The way he's holding the ball is not that much of a problem.

His chief issue is decision making. His decision to hold the ball to the last second and throw it - need to stop.

I think Rodgers needs to start counting in his head, one, two, three and do his last progression and then either throw it away or run.

Rodgers is a great talent playing in only his 2nd starting season. I get that. I understand that. He still needs to play wiser.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Wasn't looking to compare and am not saying he has to live up to Brett. I'll overlook the moron comment because it doesn't relate to what I said.

I'm saying Aaron is known for his own characterisitics and he's drifted away from them. His holding onto the ball too long and jjitteriness and interceptions are not his game. He's talented, but is getting away from the little nuances that really showcased his talent.
blank
Scottish_Packer
14 years ago
He needs to learn to manage the game, and I don't think McCarthy's teaching him that. It's big plays or nothing for Rodgers ATM.
UserPostedImage
Cal2GreenBay
14 years ago

He needs to learn to manage the game, and I don't think McCarthy's teaching him that. It's big plays or nothing for Rodgers ATM.

"Scottish_Packer" wrote:

exactly +1
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I'm saying Aaron is known for his own characterisitics and he's drifted away from them. His holding onto the ball too long and jjitteriness and interceptions are not his game. He's talented, but is getting away from the little nuances that really showcased his talent.

"Cal2GreenBay" wrote:

I wonder if getting sacked often is having an effect on him?
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I wonder if getting sacked often is having an effect on him?

"Cal2GreenBay" wrote:

I think getting sacked and still getting the next play call being down field routes is having an effect.

They should put a mic on Rodgers in the huddle. I can hear him now.

"Jesus Christ when is this idiot going to call a damn Slant"
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
14 years ago
I laugh at the people who say Rodgers needs to take more risks. Well he took more risks last game and look what happened. Now people are saying he is taking too many risks? Make your minds up :P

There are 2 ways you need to look at your "gambling" point. There is a positive and a negative.

1. The negative, which you kind of already stated with holding onto the ball too long trying to make the big play instead of the right play risking a sack/fumble.

2. The positive of holding onto the ball too long can also mean there is no play, so Rodgers isn't forcing something that is not there and risking an interception.

But I do agree that Rodgers and McCarthy have to make changes. Rodgers plays like he has all the time in the world to throw and McCarthy calls plays that require Rodgers to have a lot of time to throw. If you put that together with our offensive line, it has bad news written all over it.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (4h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (4h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (7h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (7h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (7h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (8h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (8h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (19h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (20h) : damn those vikings
beast (20h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (20h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (20h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (20h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.