TheEngineer
14 years ago
http://www.examiner.com/x-2383-Honolulu-Exopolitics-Examiner~y2009m10d21-Official-disclosure-of-extraterrestrial-life-is-imminent?cid=exrss-Honolulu-Exopolitics-Examiner 

Now that's a hell of a gamble on a news story. Does anybody believe anything in that article? Supposedly, not long now to the reveal.
blank
Porforis
14 years ago
I try to have an open mind when it comes to these things, but no. Too much in this article for me to accept, not true and if it was, not going to happen.

In addition, popular NASA and space researcher, Richard Hoagland, has publicly come forward to reveal that the October 9, LCROSS bombing mission of the moon, discovered an ancient base at the moons South Pole
The President of the United States will soon announce that scientists have discovered ruins on the moon, he added. Nobody saw the LCROSS debris plume because the probes struck a building which swallowed the effects of the explosion.

And generally everything he had to say about secret meetings about UFOs. I don't think this guy has this many high-level sources.

And the kicker - there's no way to disprove any of his claims. If there's no announcement, it's because the military squelched it or the aliens intervened. We'll never be able to go back and say "This is what the U.N. talked about in these closed door meetings". Is what he says possible? Of course. But I prefer to believe things that can be verified. It's like MM's talk - I'll believe you when you show me something measurable.
TheEngineer
14 years ago
Especially with what you've quoted, I believe that to be quite a fantastical hypothesis. It does seem farfetched.

But given these reports as well as the Vatican's recent discussion on accepting extraterrestrial life, maybe there's something to it after all.

I can only hope that, for some time at least, all the rumours and conspiracy theories are put to rest, whether in favour or in opposition to the existence of extraterrestrial life.

Of course, I'm personally biased towards the probability that they exist, but I really wouldn't expect such contact and communication between species and interstellar travel, more of the bacterial or simple organism variety on Titan or Europa or even the Moon or something.

It seems real life never really has much in the way of explosive revelations. If we do find extraterrestrial life it could be of the form "Yes, we've confirmed that microbes exist on this ice comet in simple silicon based strands" and not of the "So, look up in the sky and you'll see the gigantic flying saucer zapping people with a green photon beam of indeterminate hostility" variety.
blank
djcubez
14 years ago
I was digging around the links he posted in his article and found this gem:

Hoaglands presentation will also include -- on this 46th anniversary of JFK's tragic assassination -- official new government documentation discovered by Hoagland this past summer, while pursuing additional evidence for the Revised Dark Mission -- revealing for the first time exactly who ... connected directly to NASA ... ultimately ordered President Kennedy killed.

Here's a link to this conference: Secrets Conference 

What do you have to look forward to there?

Government Coverups - Clean Energy Technologies - UFO Secrets - Crop Circles - 2012 - Sound Energy & Healing - Ancient and Modern Mysteries - Ancient Crystal Skull "SYNERGY" - Harmonics Secrets - and Much, Much More!
It's a weekend guaranteed to change the way you look at life.

I'm much more interested in this ancient crystal skull and whether or not it has something to do with Dr. Jones...

Coagland's bio on Wikipedia takes the cake though:

Richard C. Hoagland (born April 25, 1945) is an American author and a proponent of various conspiracy theories about NASA, lost alien civilizations on the moon and on Mars and other related topics. Claims from his personal biography[1] and publication[2] include having been curator for a science museum in Springfield Massachusetts at age 19 in the mid-60s.[3] Hoagland does not have any scientific training.

His writings claim that advanced civilizations exist or once existed on the moon, Mars and on some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, and that NASA and the United States government have conspired to keep these facts secret. He has advocated his ideas in two published books, several videotapes,[4][5][6] lectures,[7] interviews,[8][9] and press conferences.[10] He has submitted material to a NASA-sponsored public interest outreach,[11] but his views have never been published in peer-reviewed journals. Hoagland has been labeled by James Oberg of The Space Review and Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy as a conspiracy theorist and fringe thinker.[12][13]

While I think space holds many interesting questions and even more fascinating answers the idea that there are "crystalline ruins" on the moon just reeks of a bad conspiracy theory.
Porforis
14 years ago

I was digging around the links he posted in his article and found this gem:

Richard C. Hoagland (born April 25, 1945) is an American author and a proponent of various conspiracy theories about NASA, lost alien civilizations on the moon and on Mars and other related topics. Claims from his personal biography[1] and publication[2] include having been curator for a science museum in Springfield Massachusetts at age 19 in the mid-60s.[3] Hoagland does not have any scientific training.

His writings claim that advanced civilizations exist or once existed on the moon, Mars and on some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, and that NASA and the United States government have conspired to keep these facts secret. He has advocated his ideas in two published books, several videotapes,[4][5][6] lectures,[7] interviews,[8][9] and press conferences.[10] He has submitted material to a NASA-sponsored public interest outreach,[11] but his views have never been published in peer-reviewed journals. Hoagland has been labeled by James Oberg of The Space Review and Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy as a conspiracy theorist and fringe thinker.[12][13]

"djcubez" wrote:

While I think space holds many interesting questions and even more fascinating answers the idea that there are "crystalline ruins" on the moon just reeks of a bad conspiracy theory.

You were sent by the men in black, weren't you? I WON'T BE SILENCED!

Unless you're Will Smith.
Cheesey
14 years ago
LOL Porforis!!!
I love it when these kinds of articles come out. You KNOW it's just a load of bull.
The same kind of stuff can be found at your local grocery store in the checkout aisle.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (49m) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (49m) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (17h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (18h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (18h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (21h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (21h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.