GoPack1984
14 years ago
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Al-Harris-Ill-be-back-in-6-months.html 

Al Harris: Ill be back in 6 months

Packers cornerback promises hell return next season. Jack Bechta
November 23, 2009, 11:15 AM EST
10 Comments

On Sunday night I was having dinner in Tampa with my client, Stylez G. White, when my phone lit up with the message, Packers. I knew it wasnt good and that it had something to do with my client Al Harris.

A team executive gave me the news: It looks like Al may have torn his ACL, he said. A sinking feeling came over me, and I lost my appetite. I couldnt believe it -- Al isnt supposed to get hurt. Hes only missed four games in his 13-year NFL career.

I texted Al, who called me right back and with a steady voice told me what had happened. We discussed some reconstructive medical options and decided to use this week to do our due diligence and make a plan of attack. Then Al said, Im going to be back in six months, Jack.

My response was that that was an aggressive estimate. Well, thats my plan, he said, and Im going to play three to four more years. This injury wasnt in my plan. Playing a few more years is.

We frequently talk about cutting-edge workouts and supplements, 20-year vet and Pro Bowler Darrell Green, nutrition, offseason workouts and recovery. Al is obsessed with career longevity and the minds power to heal the body.

When he lacerated his spleen last season, he healed faster than expected and did it with a plan. So heres a guy who has a season-ending injury and within two hours is already focusing on his medical and rehab plans. Thats Al Harris.

Early in Als career, I used to talk to him about getting career-ending injury insurance. He would snap at me, telling me he would never need it. He also insisted that we never talk about injuries or getting hurt ever again. He explained that he uses positive visualization along with hard work to stay strong and healthy. He never thinks about things that have negative scenarios.

In the last two years in Green Bay, usually right before camp, Al asked his general manager to never judge him on his age, only on his play. So anyone who wants to focus on his age had better take a look at the tape. I promise youll see Al Harris at his signature right cornerback spot on opening week next season.

Good for Al. I know we're all devastated he is out for the year, but hearing his attitude about wanting to play for several more years has made me feel a little bit better. I hope and pray he is back with the team next year.
blank
Stevetarded
14 years ago
I hope he can do it. He certainly has the right attitude to make a comeback hopefully his body will cooperate.
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Well, thats my plan, he said, and Im going to play three to four more years. This injury wasnt in my plan. Playing a few more years is.

When he lacerated his spleen last season, he healed faster than expected and did it with a plan. So heres a guy who has a season-ending injury and within two hours is already focusing on his medical and rehab plans. Thats Al Harris.

How could you not love Al Harris? I love that attitude. He's already talking about Darrell Green who played like, what, forever? I also like how he told Ted Thompson not to judge him by age but by performance.

Looking forward to seeing him in the Green and Gold in '10. :thumbright:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Felipe7777777
14 years ago
dude shows alot of heart and attitude game in and game out, hopefully he's back
blank
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
Guyl like Al Harris, DD,Mark Tausher, Chad Clifton,I'll even put Ryan Picket in here(there are more), these are guys a team need to win!!!

They are the heart and sole of the team, you may not always see it or hear about it during a game, but without these guys you can forget about building a winner.

I bet you will see Al out there helping out in any way possible, the near future looks bleak, but stranger things have happened.

Time for some young guys to step up, time for Al to become an extra coach and teacher for The Packers.

Hey Ted, listen to Al, don't judge him by his age, judge him by his output.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Willing the healing. Can't hurt. Would love to see Al heal and come back just as strong as he was and continue for a long time yet. It will be hard.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
14 years ago
While I don't agree that things look bleak for the remainder of the season.. I agree that a team needs guys with this type of makeup.. hell the Patriots stock pile them.. I hope he is back next season.

I think this team is figuring things out and are improving.. I seen alot out of the team on the field yesterday to like our chances to make a run into the playoffs. Injuries like this will no doubt hurt, but like Buckeye said.. I am sure Al and Kamp will be on the sidelines offering there support in about any way the team needs them.

IMO, this injury will make Harris even that much more hungry for next season.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
obi1
14 years ago

Guyl like Al Harris, Donald Driver,Mark Tausher, Chad Clifton,I'll even put Ryan Picket in here(there are more), these are guys a team need to win!!!

They are the heart and sole of the team, you may not always see it or hear about it during a game, but without these guys you can forget about building a winner.

I bet you will see Al out there helping out in any way possible, the near future looks bleak, but stranger things have happened.

Time for some young guys to step up, time for Al to become an extra coach and teacher for The Packers.

Hey Ted, listen to Al, don't judge him by his age, judge him by his output.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Your sentiments are exactly right. The youth on this team needs more example setters like Harris.
blank
Dulak
14 years ago
You guys have no idea how depressed I have been since I heard the news of his injury (didnt see the game just saw the news and score etc) ...

$%^& I told many of my patients and people I work with and they dont even give a flip about american football etc (live in england).

The above story is the heart of a true champion and why he is my fav. DB my favorite packers player and just a awesome player.

I really hope he comes back - Im going to miss seeing him strike fear into opposing wideouts.
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
Man, I love this guy. It wouldn't surprise me if he decided not to have the surgery and try to play with a torn ACL, lol (exaggeration).

Now I really hope Ted Thompson doesn't decide to cut him after this year because of his injury and age. I bet you money that the guy comes back next year and shuts down every WR out there that he goes against.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (7h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (10h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (12h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (14h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (14h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (15h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

36m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.