dfosterf
14 years ago
The wife has made a mistake.

She is one of those Black Friday participants.

Usually by now, she has her strategy fully in place, but due to some pressing work deadlines, she has requested that yours truly take the reigns on one of her prospective purchases. She has a digital camera purchase plan at Target.

She asked me to investigate her options, and made the mistake of mentioning the Best Buy option. Walmart is off the table, even she knows that.

Oh, her deal exists at Target, but she isn't going to see it.

Instead, she's going to get (relatively speaking) hosed over at the Best Buy for her digital camera. As a matter of fact, I would characterize her deal there as "sucking", in comparison.

No matter, she is going to have to belly up in line around midnight, at least by my initial calculations, subject to revision in about an hour, as I am going on a "recon/brown-nose" mission to that store.

My mission?

HP laptop (GD HP, can't get away from the bastards, lately) 2G RAM 160GB HD, 2.2 Ghz celeron, Windows 7 w/ wireless, etc.

Not much of a laptop, some would argue relative pos, and at 549.99 I would take a pass on that one.

...But at 197.00 As in war with wal-mart regarding THEIR POS 198.00 one...

5 minimum per store. I'm going to go find out how many they have, what's with these "tickets" they are talking about (something about the crazy assholes that wait -- like I said, I don't participate)

THEN I have to come up with a good "story" for the wife to stand in front of the Best Buy instead of standing in front of the Target, lol

Anybody ever stood in front of the Best Buy pre-black Friday?

No.

I am not. If THAT's what you were thinking. :thumbleft:

p.s.

I'm kidding.

If my wife lets me get a new laptop, I actually will stand in line there, and yes, she would be at the Target. Even I am not crazy enough to mess with a woman's black friday plan. It would take about ten seconds of female cackle at the holiday dinner table for this b.s. to get ferreted out by her and her sisters and mom.

:thumbleft:
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
After years of experience, I'd rather a laptop from Wal-Mart than Best Buy any day of the week.

Best Buy being a electronics juggernaut, people falsely believe they are good. I've had more problems with best buy electronics than walmart electronics. Especially computer machines.

Not to mention, Best Buy has terrible repair service. Bring your laptop in there for them to clean a virus, they wipe the whole damn thing! that's not fixing the problem, that's deleting everything, someone anyone can do.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
Fair enough, but Wal-mart is off the table.

The groundskeeper from Green Bay could be working at MY Wal-mart, handing out FREE laptops and I would not go.

Off the table.

Original post:

She asked me to investigate her options, and made the mistake of mentioning the Best Buy option. Walmart is off the table, even she knows that.

Maybe if they were handing out 60" plasma TV's in the parking lot...Only if I didn't have to get out of the car...(Every man has his price, lol)

The WORST was Circuit City. Those bastards drove me nuts for years.

I am glad they went down the tubes, excepting the competition aspect of it. This is where my existing computer came from. My wife made me go, because I was in bitch mode about the prvious computer, as I am now with this one.

"Pick whichever one you want."

I went up and down the isle, ONCE. I just picked one that had a couple of actual boxes under the display, as I REFUSE to wait for that stupid "pick up" they had. THAT was my criteria. It STILL took half an hour to get out of that GD store. You couldn't buy a pack of gum in the impulse area and get out of there in less than half an hour.

This is what will happen this time, as well. Last Sunday's game, I'm calling this POS a boat anchor. This drives the wife. She will no doubt crack under the pressure of my bitching, have me go to Best Buy or target or whatever, and pick one out, as in, pay way too much for some POS. She is going to veto this little black friday plan I got going, btw.

"Why are you buying a computer that you are just going to call a boat anchor in 6 months?"

A prediction.

Maybe I'll build one. That will cost me 2 long. I know how I roll.

I start out looking at the bare bones POS's

Then I need this awesome motherboard, with that whirly-gig CPU, and no WAY I'm gonna get less than THAT vid card, sound card, whatever...

2 long. I don't even play no video games...I just get caught up in the moment. lol

I think I'll just wipe out my HD and go again. I still have that disc from Microsoft. If I am careful about what I reload on this thing, I would have a sufficient amount of whoopinsocket for my needs. Thanks for the help guys, I just needed to get over the whole "looking at the ads" segment of this day, lol.
Formo
14 years ago
You talk too much.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
dfosterf
14 years ago
It's a process. Saved myself 197.00
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Save yourself the embarrassment of buying from Best Buy, shop NewEgg.com
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

Save yourself the embarrassment of buying from Best Buy, shop NewEgg.com

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

NewEgg.com is bomb.

The unfortunate thing about Best Buy is that's where' we'll most likely be getting our PS3 from.. All we are asking for this year from our families are Best Buy gift cards. It's the one store everyone knows about. It was that or Target..

They know by now not to get us Wal-Mart gift cards.. God I hate that store.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
dfosterf
14 years ago
lol

That's where I have been. (new egg)

I have it picked out.

I knew I shouldn't have even looked there.

My new egg bargain  

Maybe I will tell my wife that this is the one I am getting.

This way I will be able to walk into any of the stores and get a nice laptop without having to dick with a sale or anything.

24 g memory. That would be good. (Of course it only comes with 12) I'm used to 1 Ridiculously priced, though. They do have some nice deals in the reasonably priced/ reasonabe bells and whistles category... That machine is not "all that" for that kind of outlay, imo..not even close.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
why don't you just drop your wife off at midnight and catch a quick flight to tijuana. Nonstop and I still need to be introduced to those drug lords. 🙂
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
dfosterf
14 years ago
Now I'm getting pissed off.

I took everyone's advice (had been leaning that way anyway) and have an order ready at Newegg.

Not a computer, but a digital camera for my wife. Did all the research, got a fantastic deal, even got a better "freebie" than the one we almost went with.

Here is why I have not yet checked out...

$5.99 shipping

The camera and the freebie that comes with it are "free shipping".

It needs a good memory card, and many of them are also free shipping.

But this camera will accept an XD Picture card (that is an Olympus thing)

They are the same "form factor" as a microSD card, but are much faster.

5.99 shipping.

This card is about the size of a fingernail, and weighs less than a fingernail clipping.

Because it's Thanksgiving, I cannot call anyone to complain.

I think I will wait. Maybe they will have another promotion tomorrow, or I'll find some promotion code to get me som free shipping.

I told you I'm cheap.

Edit-- Beat those bastards. Well, semi-beat them. Had to come off my XD picture card, (went with kingston) but got one with twice the memory for half as much, plus no shipping. I am happy with newegg, especially since I re-entered the site through Bing.com, and that got me an additional 10% off. (next purchase)
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (15h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (19h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (20h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (22h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (22h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.