millertime
14 years ago

I am savouring the win.

I am NOT going to let any thing negative creep into my mind for the next 144 hours.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

I typically have that attitude but I wanted to wait to bring up this thread for a couple days, but I'm camping this weekend and wanted to get it out there for people to debate.

Slocum is a joke. I really wish Ted would throw a ton of money at one of the Bears special teams coaches to come over here and right this ship. Year in and year out the Bears have a phenomenal ST unit which makes up for their inconsistent (more like nonexistant!) offense and aging defense.

I just don'[ think GB can compete with the big boys if the defense is constantly given a short field and the offense is consistently given a long one.
djcubez
14 years ago

I know I am ragging on the kid but he missed like 4 blocks yesterday and has had ST penalties in the last two games if I remember correctly.

When he makes blocks, he creams the guy. It is truly a spectacular block. But is leveling your guy on one play and then whiffing on the next really that much more effective than a guy like John Kuhn who may not knock people on their asses but occupies his guy 100% of the time?

"millertime" wrote:

I've seen him miss a few blocks but not as many as you seem to see. The problem with being a FB in our scheme (ZBS) is that if the RB sees a different hole open instead of where the run is designed to go he'll take it, which means that the FB probably will miss the block because the linebacker will make an adjustment that the FB can't see. I'm not trying to dissolve any blame for the blocks he misses, I'm just trying to explain why it sometimes seems like he doesn't get a block or whiffs.
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
It's Packer Football!!!!!! This week Winning Packer Football!!!!

I rEmember when I was younger, I would sit and wait for as long as it took, just to get a :15 highlight of The Packers football game.

I would scour the sports pages and magazines for any article about The Packers.

The times made it so much more special when The Packers would play a nationally televised game. 4 hours of Packer football!!!! Win or lose it was Packer Football!!!

I guess that is why I sometimes don't understand all this analyzation of the game and the players.

Today's instant information society isn't always a good thing. To many(I am including myself at times)think they know what is best, what changes should be made, how to "fix things" that aren't working.

I'm not saying it is wrong,everyone is entitled to their opinion, just that if you can't enjoy the game, IMHO you lose a whole lot.

I'm with RP, savor these next 10 days,put trust in the coaching staff, that is why they are there, enjoy the fact that The Packers are in the playoff race again. Most of ALL remember one thing.

IT'S PACKER FOOTBALL!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER!!!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
RaiderPride
14 years ago

I guess that is why I sometimes don't understand all this analyzation of the game and the players.

Today's instant information society isn't always a good thing. To many (I am including myself at times) think they know what is best, what changes should be made, how to "fix things" that aren't working.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

There are two teams in the NFL right now where it is especially fatal to allow the owners to make the decisions of their coaching staff and front office personell.

The Oakland Raiders and The Green Bay Packers.

Thank God The Packers Owners are not making these decisions.. I can not change anything about the Oakland situation.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Today's instant information society isn't always a good thing. To many (I am including myself at times) think they know what is best, what changes should be made, how to "fix things" that aren't working.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

There are two teams in the NFL right now where it is especially fatal to allow the owners to make the decisions of their coaching staff and front office personell.

The Oakland Raiders and The Green Bay Packers.

Thank God The Packers Owners are not making these decisions.. I can not change anything about the Oakland situation.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Could you imagine the chaos? Thompson would be fired and rehired every 5 minutes.
djcubez
14 years ago

It's Packer Football!!!!!! This week Winning Packer Football!!!!

I rEmember when I was younger, I would sit and wait for as long as it took, just to get a :15 highlight of The Packers football game.

I would scour the sports pages and magazines for any article about The Packers.

The times made it so much more special when The Packers would play a nationally televised game. 4 hours of Packer football!!!! Win or lose it was Packer Football!!!

Today's instant information society isn't always a good thing. To many(I am including myself at times)think they know what is best, what changes should be made, how to "fix things" that aren't working.

I'm not saying it is wrong,everyone is entitled to their opinion, just that if you can't enjoy the game, IMHO you lose a whole lot.

I'm with RP, savor these next 10 days,put trust in the coaching staff, that is why they are there, enjoy the fact that The Packers are in the playoff race again. Most of ALL remember one thing.

IT'S PACKER FOOTBALL!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER!!!!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Than what's the purpose of this forum?

People have been analyzing the game since it started. Just because none of us can actually do anything about the team's situation doesn't mean we can't talk about it.

Nobody's saying we can't savor the win, in fact I think we all are in better moods because of it. I know my Sundays are always ruined if the Packers lose.

But why can't we complain about the faults of our team? We are the fans, these should be our concerns shouldn't they? It's our jobs of fans to support our team through thick and thin but when we notice faults should we ignore them? Without complaints from the fan-base owners would get greedy, sign all cheap players and throw them on the field for financial gain. In certain cases specific fans have actually influenced the actions of their favorite team.

I know management doesn't scour forums and they say they ignore the press but many scouts pour over articles and analysis' by journalists to gain advantages. Just because a particular person is on the outside doesn't mean they don't or can't contribute to the game. Plenty of players, scouts and personnel read papers and websites to gain a competitive edge against their opponents. Scouting teams is not limited to just watching film.

I'm not upset about your post but it is kind of an insult to people like me who pride themselves on their ability to not only watch and care about their football team but whose love for the game extends to caring about every player signing, every roster trim, every depth chart re-arrangement, and every poor performance. I watch the Packers because I enjoy watching my favorite team play football but I also enjoy the sport just as much. Just because I have no influence on the teams actions doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy discussing or criticizing them. It's my prerogative as a fan.
millertime
14 years ago
sooo.....

No one was able to find the stats on where the packer rank in terms of punt and kick return coverage?

C'mon, I thought we had some experts here.
IronMan
14 years ago

sooo.....

No one was able to find the stats on where the packer rank in terms of punt and kick return coverage?

C'mon, I thought we had some experts here.

"millertime" wrote:

Punt coverage:

last in net average at 33.5 

And 2nd to last in Punt return yards allowed with 356 (11.4 yard per return.  

Kicking:

The coverage unit is 23rd in allowing an average return of 24.3 yards.  
millertime
14 years ago
thanks iron man. (+1)

i knew they had to be that low.

c'mon slocum get it together!!!!
Mckennj3
14 years ago
I noticed justin miller got released today. I can see us definitely taking a look at this guy... not much of a factor at db but might bring a boost to the return game but more importantly i'd hope it would kill any talk of putting tramon or CW back there and cuts down the chance of jordy getting hurt.
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (11h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.