Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
"Alrighty" then.. I know I may have been a little more stubborn, edgy, quick tempered, time consumed and agitated the past couple of months than normal.

However there is a round about reason for it.

For the past two years my "good" leg has been giving me off and on problems.. this spring I tore two ligaments/tendons in my ankle from wear and use and have been "fighting" with the doctors all damn summer and fall long on what the hell to do to remedy this.

Why fight it.. because have I ever mentioned I am stubborn as hell and really don't care all that much for doctors in general. Add to it, that once they cut the damn thing open I know that I will be wheelchair bound for a couple of months. When I wanted to fix it.. they wanted to wait.. when I wanted to wait they wanted to fix.. so I made a decision to hold out as long as I could. Call it a damn pride thing.. but I would rather walk if I can.

So all summer, I pushed on a regular basis to get as much of work and projects as I could get done done in case the rest of the ligaments and tendons start to strain and I am forced to succumb to the knife and chair.

Well Sunday was apparently break point.. when trying to get the garage the rest of the way sealed in as it is being built by the school at a snails pace. Insert that stubbornness and push again.. anyways.. come Monday I couldn't even bear weight again on the leg.. so the doctor has won.

The earliest I can get into surgery is the 18th.. leaving me with just a week of mobility left and has conjured up deep rooted aggravation and aggression of years gone by.

Anyway.. don't get to used to the absence after the 18th... because after the fact you will be stuck with a lot of me as I am bored stuck in a chair... until the doctor will let me go back to work.. even if it is from home.

Haven't had a surgery in 22 years.. boy the nonsense they put you through in the pre-op appointments. Spent the entire day being shipped around like some piece of meat yesterday. And they wonder where that dislike comes from.. lol.

All to find out last night.. last doctors.. the one that is going to "knock" me out told me about this nerve block they are putting in behind my knee and how long it was staying there... doesn't sound pleasant.. any one familiar with the apparatus?

Only bright spot.. outpatient surgery and I don't have to put up with the whole hospital stay, ungodly dry air and bland food.

The whole deal makes me feel weak.. 50 years ago they would have just taped the damn thing up and kept moving along.. but as everyone keeps pressuring me with the "you only have one" line of reasoning.. it just pisses me off even more.. now I am like fix the damn thing before spring.. fishing season is coming.. lol.

PS.. I kinda of won in a sense.. I made it through hunting season.. the bastards tried to take that away. lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
longtimefan
14 years ago
Good luck bud...

I am sure it will all go well
dfosterf
14 years ago
A couple of months...

I would imagine that to be brutal, but look on the bright side...

It is looking like an epic winter, and you ain't shoveling diddly squat this year.

You got any venison jerky?

(Puttin' the arm on no-leg)

lol

Totally kiddin' ya, and I wish you the absolute best, your poor wife also--She is the one that's gonna pay (more kiddin') ---

I promise to do my part to keep you occupied. Thank you for letting us in on the details, you were being vague...

btw/ unrelated
Tiger never read your sig I bet.

To see a man's true character, give him power ~ Abraham Lincoln

Pack93z
  • Pack93z
14 years ago
Well it has been a couple months of Cam Walkers, crutches and one big giant can of pissed attitude.. not to mention some pushing to get things done and turning my back on football more than I like..

Thanks for the well wishes.. and yes I was being vague.. again call it pride and unwilling to admit defeat.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Good luck with the surgery, Shawn. I hope everything will turn out fine.

Like Foster said, we'll do our best to keep you entertaint. There ought to be enough out there you can do if you put your mind to it.

Have you told this over at PP.O?
longtimefan
14 years ago
A while ago it was discovered I had a tumor in my heel..Yes HEEL..took up all of the bone there in fact Dr. said if I landed on it wrong it would shatter and it would take about 6 months of it to at least grow back to the point of putting any weight on it,let alone walking..

So it was taken out and I had 9 weeks of not putting any weight on it, using crutches and a walker..

So I feel your pain and frustration..Sucks its winter time cuz then its very hard to get out side..Mine was in spring and I could go out side crawling down my stairs lol...

Click to see pic of it

UserPostedImage

And it wasnt cancerous or anything ,I guess these are found in the heels all the time just not as big as the one I had
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
14 years ago

Have you told this over at PP.O?

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Haven't... haven't posted a ton over there either. Lack of time more so.. so being absent for days on end won't be noticed.. here it may be a better chance.

Plus it sounds like a pity plea.. which is not the intent. I am pretty open about myself.. an explanation more so than anything.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
14 years ago

A while ago it was discovered I had a tumor in my heel..Yes HEEL..took up all of the bone there in fact Dr. said if I landed on it wrong it would shatter and it would take about 6 months of it to at least grow back to the point of putting any weight on it,let alone walking..

So it was taken out and I had 9 weeks of not putting any weight on it, using crutches and a walker..

So I feel your pain and frustration..Sucks its winter time cuz then its very hard to get out side..Mine was in spring and I could go out side crawling down my stairs lol...

"longtimefan" wrote:

My issue is that I know it is going to be a struggle for a while to do even the simple daily things.. some days it sucks a little not having two legs. lol.

I am sure once I am in the cast I will figure out how to manipulate that cast to my advantage and at least be able to use it to stabilize myself in and out of the chair.. but I guarantee that I am going to be a grumpy SOB at times.. especially when things need to get done and I can't just get up and do it..
dfosterf
14 years ago
...And I keep warnin' ya...

...just don't get to drinkin' and shootin'...

you could run out of legs that way, lol

(still one of my favorite stories here)

:thumbleft:
longtimefan
14 years ago

My issue is that I know it is going to be a struggle for a while to do even the simple daily things.. some days it sucks a little not having two legs. lol.

I am sure once I am in the cast I will figure out how to manipulate that cast to my advantage and at least be able to use it to stabilize myself in and out of the chair.. but I guarantee that I am going to be a grumpy SOB for at times.. especially when things need to get done and I can't just get up and do it..

"pack93z" wrote:

I never even got a cast...I got a walking boot about 8 weeks in..Hardest part? I was attempting to quit smoking at same time, since I couldnt get up to go outside to smoke might as well try then

Talk about crumby? YIKES!!!!!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (14h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (17h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
7h / Random Babble / Novalee

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.