Rockmolder
14 years ago
Recap from Packers @ Bears.

11 Min quarters, 15 sec acc. Clock, All-pro CPU.

1st Quarter

The game began in an all too familiar fashion for the Bears. Cutler was trying to find his TE, who slipped into the deep, middle seam in cover 2, only to have the ball get away from him and picked off by Nick Collins, who returned it 18 yards to the Bears 30 yard line.

With a couple of successful runs and short passes, the 6 play, 30 yard drive got capped off with a 2 yard TD throw from Rodgers to Lee 7 - 0.

The Bears started their next drive on their own 20. After having the drive start pretty well, picking up 2 first downs, the Bears had to punt it away after Brad Jones stuffed Fort for a two yard loss on 2nd and 2, and Williams batted the ball, intended for Earl Bennett, down.

The Packers received the ball on their own ten, starting a ninety yard drive. One crucial play came when Rodgers found Finley for a 17 yard gain on 3rd and 14. The Pack got the TD when Rodgers connected with Grant on a screen, which Grant took 39 yards, with the O-line showing some great blocking skills in the open field and Ryan showing some patience. 14 - 0

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14315961 

The Bears, again, started their drive on their own 20. After one 1st down pass, Cutler threw one incompletion and Fort was stopped after 1 yard, giving the Bears another 3rd and long. This time, Cutler was picked off by Woodson.

The Packers got the ball back at the Bears 37. The drive ended with a 3 and out, and Crosby kicking in the 49 yard FG. Packers go up by 17.

Woodson stuffs Fort for a 1 yard loss. The offense goes nowhere. The Bears have to punt it away again.

2nd Quarter

After a 20 yard completion to Finley, the Pack is stopped at the Bears 7 yard line, resulting in a Crosby FG. 20 0

After leading his team to the Packers 40 yard line, Cutler turns the ball over again. He tries to sneak one in there to Olsen, but Barnett, whos hanging in a shallow zone, intercepts the ball, returning it to the Packers 44.

The drive starts with Rodgers threading the needle, throwing the ball between the numbers to Jones, whos in man coverage, right in front of the safety in cover 1, completing it for a 20 yard gain. On the next 3 plays, the Packers lose 5 on a screen play, gain 6 on a Grant run and get an incompletion, forcing them to punt it away.

The Bears start the drive pinned at their own 3. They get themselves some breathing room by moving the ball to the 12 yard line. On the next play, because of pressure created by Underwood, Cutler has to get the ball out quickly. He throws it to Knox on an out route, only to have Woodson undercut it and take it 13 yards for the TD. 27 0 Packers.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14315792 

Chicago gets the ball at their own 21, getting it to their own 29 on the drive, going 3 and out again.

After a good punt, the Packers run the ball, effectively running out the clock to end the first half.

3rd Quarter

GB receives the ball to start the second half. Nelson gets it to the 35, after receiving it at the 5. On 3rd and 4, Chicago brings an 8 man blitz, leaving Grant wide open. Rodgers hits him and Grant takes it 38 yards to the Chicago 11. From there, Jackson runs it for 3 yards, again for -4 yards and receives a screen, going -4 yards. The Packers settle for the 33 yard FG. 30 0.

The Bears drive start out very mediocre, once again. They barely get the first down on a 3rd and 2 run by Fort, getting his total to 7 yards on 7 runs. Next play, the Packers bring the blitz, Fort makes someone miss, and takes it 46 yards to the Packers 21. On 1st and 10, Raji sacks Cutler for an 8 yard loss, only to have Cutler find Davis for a 28 yard gain, getting the ball to the Green Bay 1. Deep in the 3rd, the Bears finally get on the board when Fort runs it in for a 1 yard TD. 30 7.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14315877 

After picking up 1 first down, the Packers go 3 and out after a Jones drop and a 1 yard sack of Rodgers by Alex Brown.

4th Quarter

The Bears get the ball back at their own 21. On the first play, the Packers call an overload blitz. Jolly sacks Cutler, forces the fumble, but Orlando Pace recovers the ball. The play results in a 4 yard loss. On 2nd and 14, Matthews gets to Cutler, who just manages to throw it away. On 3rd and 14, Jarrett Bush sacks Cutler for a 7 yard loss. On 4th and 21, the Bears go for it, but they fall 2 yards short, giving GB the ball on the 30 yard line.

After playing it conservatively, running the ball 3 times, the Packers kick the 46 yard field goal to go up 33 7.

The Packers kick the ball off to Daniel Manning, who takes the ball out of the end zone, only to get hit hard by Lee, fumbling the ball, and having Nelson pick it up and run it in for the TD. 40 3.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14316078 

After a good return by Manning, Chicago starts at their own 37 yard line. After two incomplete passes, Cutler gets sacked by Jones for an 11 yard loss. The Bears punt it away.

The Packers run the ball twice, getting themselves in a manageable 3rd and 2 situation. The Bears bring the heat and Rodgers completes the quick slant to Finley, who breaks some tackles and takes it 56 yards to the Bears 2 yard line, only to have the presence of mind to stop there. With 4:15 on the clock, the Packers kneel it three times, leaving 2:03 on the clock as they kick the short FG to go up 43 7.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14315911 

The Bears begin their drive with 2 minutes left on the clock. The drive starts with a long completion by Cutler, followed by a Brad Jones sack, the 2nd of the day for him, for a 13 yard loss. Cutler gets 17 yards back on one completion and eventually converts a 4th and 1. On 2nd and 16 on the Packers 45, the clock runs out.

The final score : Packers 43 Bears 7.

Packers stats

Passing
Aaron Rodgers 18/23, 252 Yards, 78%, 2TDs, 0 Ints, 141.2 QB Rating.

Rushing
Ryan Grant 21 Carries, 76 Yards, 3.6 Avg, 0 TDs.
Brandon Jackson 3 Carries, 1 Yard, 0.3 Avg, 0 TDs.

Receiving (Top 3)
James Jones 5 Receptions, 39 Yards, 0 TDs.
Jermichael Finley 3 Receptions, 94 Yards, 0 TDs.
Ryan Grant 2 Receptions, 77 Yards, 1 TD.

Defense (Top 5)
Jarrett Bush 6 Tackles, 1 Sack.
Brad Jones 5 Tackles, 2 Sacks.
Charles Woodson 2 Tackles, 1 TFL, 2 Interceptions, 1 TD.
Nick Collins 3 Tackles, 2 Assisted, 1 Interception.
Johnny Jolly 1 Tackle, 1 Sack, 1 FF.

Kicking
Mason Crosby 5/5, Long 50, 4/4 on XP.

Punting
Jeremy Kapinos 2 Punts, 75 Yards, 37.5 Avg, 35.5 Net Avg.

Bears Stats

Passing
Jay Cutler 18/33, 193 Yards, 54%, 0 TDs, 4 Ints, 32.2 QB Rating.

Rushing
Matt Fort 9 Carries, 54 Yards, 6.0 Avg, 1 TD.

Receiving (Top 3)
Rashied Davis 6 Receptions, 96 Yards, 0 TDs.
Earl Bennett 3 Receptions, 37 Yards, 0 TDs.
Devin Hester 2 Receptions, 28 Yards, 0 TDs.

Defense (Top 5)
Alex Brown 2 Tackles, 1 Assisted, 1 Sack.
Charles Tillamn 4 Tackles, 1 Assisted, 1 TFL.
Daniel Manning 4 Tackles, 2 Assisted.
Hunter Hillenmeyer 3 Tackles, 4 assisted.
Tommie Harris 2 Tackles, 6 Assisted,

Kicking
Robbie Gould 0/0, Long 0, 1/1 on XP.

Punting
Brad Maynard 4 Punts, 156 Yards, 39.0 Avg, 32.2 Net Avg.

Madden MVP - Charles Woodson.
My MVP - Ryan Grant.

Okay, maybe I went a little overboard, but I had a blast doing this, lol. Wouldn't mind the Packers showing up like this on Sunday. Especially on STs.
Cheesey
14 years ago
Are the Packers special teams unit making the trip to Chicago this week?
That would be neat! Cause they haven't shown up at a game yet!
LOL!
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Are the Packers special teams unit making the trip to Chicago this week?
That would be neat! Cause they haven't shown up at a game yet!
LOL!

"Cheesey" wrote:

Lol. I doubt it. I'm afraid that the Bears offense will start at, at least, their own 40 every time.

In my game, Crosby kicked it to the back of the endzone just about every tme, letting the CPU take a knee. Now that would be a welcome sight.
TheEngineer
14 years ago
Unfortunately, in this cold weather, a kick to the goalline would be a nice sight...
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5m) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (20m) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (11h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (12h) : damn those vikings
beast (12h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (12h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (12h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (12h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (12h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (19h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (20h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.