MontanaBob
14 years ago
Absolutely true.........only 1 hour old story.

I had to run into Missoula, about 9 miles from our home, to visit my fav-o-rite store........WallyMart to pick up a prescription. It has been snowing off and on (more on than off) since the blizzard of Saturday that did Appalachian State in. The roads are in pretty good shape, which is to say they could hold every sport in the winter Olympics on US 93 between Lolo and Missoula. I raced my 4x4 down our hill at about 2mph which was about 1 1/2 mph to fast and skidded to a stop at the stop light at highway 93. Antilock brakes and skid control on my Ranger work well.

As I'm waiting for the stoplight to turn green, a county sanding/de-iceing truck goes by headed toward Missoula. "Great", I thought. "I can follow this guy into town and stay on the gravel and de-icer he's laying down. Piece of cake."

I get behind him and stayed back a safe distance......I just replaced the windshield on my truck in October...and we're cruising along about 25 mph. I'm back far enough that through the blowing snow I can still make out his flashing lights on the rear of the truck. That's at least 20 feet.

I glance in my rear view mirror and make out the flashing lights of another county truck coming up behind us. "Wow," I thought. "They are really hitting this road hard today." Then, I do a double take in the rear view mirror, and yup, you got it. The second truck has his plow blade down and is plowing the highway.

I stay behind the first truck and we come to a stop light in Missoula. I'm on the inside lane and a car pulls up beside me and the driver gestures for me to turn my window down. He yells over to me...."Do you believe those two idiots in the plows? I can't believe I saw what I did. The first guy puts the sand and de-icer down and the second dummy plows it up."

Only in Missoula County....which is why the biggest selling bumper sticker here reads........."KEEP MISSOULA WEIRD!"
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
IronMan
14 years ago

I'm on the inside lane and a car pulls up beside me and the driver gestures for me to turn my window down. He yells over to me...."Do you believe those two idiots in the plows? I can't believe I saw what I did. The first guy puts the sand and de-icer down and the second dummy plows it up."

"MontanaBob" wrote:

Good team work! 🙂
dfosterf
14 years ago
Haven't you guys heard?

They were "green" de-icing.

They are now required by Federal law to plow it away immediately, otherwise the county has to pay a carbon tax in the event of roadway warming and subsequent inadvertent and catastrophic county melting.

I'm sure the EPA will be out with their hazmat teams to sequester the damage to the snowbanks prior to the spring thaw. I heard they plan to store the contaminated snow in California, because Nancy Pelosi's district needs the jobs.

The 10 gazillion dollar 10 billion btu solar/wind/cannabis/undocumented worker-powered refrigeration unit is scheduled for completion in 2050, in the meantime, they'll probably just throw some dry ice around the piles (dry ice-aka co2, lol) little global warmin' humor.
Pack93z
14 years ago
There is a way of thinking here in Wisconsin that makes this absolutely no shock... never ever underestimate the laziness or silliness of a county worker.. do as little as possible while taking as much time as one possibly could imagine.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
vikesrule
14 years ago
State Workers

A fellow stopped at a rural gas station and, after filling his tank, he paid the bill and bought a soft drink. He stood by his car to drink his cola, and he watched a couple of men working along the roadside.

One man would dig a hole two or three feet deep and then move on. The other man came along behind and filled in the hole. While one was digging a new hole, the other was 25 feet behind filling in the old.

The men worked right past the fellow with the soft drink and went on
down the road.

I cant stand this, said the man, tossing the can into a trash container and headed down the road toward the men.

Hold it, hold it, he said to the men. Can you tell me whats going on here with this digging?

Well, we work for the government, one of the men said.

But one of you is digging a hole and the other fills it up. Youre not accomplishing anything. Arent you wasting the taxpayers money?

You dont understand, mister, one of the men said, leaning on his shovel and wiping his brow. Normally theres three of us: me, Rodney, and Mike. I dig the hole, Rodney sticks in the tree, and Mike here puts the dirt back.

Now just because Rodneys sick, that dont mean that Mike and me cant work.
MontanaBob
14 years ago
Good one Vikesrule. +1

We got freezing rain now and I have to go substitute at noon today. Wonder which way my truck will slide down the hill today. With any luck that guy in the sanding truck from yesterday will get a bright idea and get our hill.

Naw!!!! The other idiot will be right behind him plowing it off.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Cheesey
14 years ago
Doesn't surprise me.
But i loved the "global warming" joke inserted by Dfoster!!!
(Although, i'm not so sure it IS a joke!)
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago
Your states use de-icer. We just wait until spring. No wonder your states are all broke.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (1h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (1h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (2h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (2h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (13h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (14h) : damn those vikings
beast (14h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (14h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (14h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (14h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (14h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (21h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (22h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.