Formo
14 years ago
Got alot more stuff from the in-law side of the family. Actually had a good time at the mother-in-law's this weekend.. Maybe having Shanna's sister and her hubby there to suffer with us helped. lol

Anyway, got a bunch of useless stuff from the mother-in-law (got the 4th Crock Pot in 4 years from her.. I swear to God, she buys shit throughout the year because 'it's such a great deal', then gives it away after she realizes it's useless shit), a few nice zip up hoodies, one of which is a Gopher hoodie, $95 gift card to Best Buy (adding up to the PS3 fund!), candy (lotttts!!), cash, and a belt (was much needed.. My hunny got it for me). Together, we got some nice Peanuts dishwear, and a bunch of personalized ornaments (we don't have any). Shanna got a Snuggie and a throw blanket (she's a freeze baby), and we found out that the sister-in-law is 8 weeks pregnant. 😃
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
14 years ago
Oh yeah.. I forgot..

Shanna's cousin (he's 25) got a PS3 for an early Christmas gift earlier this month. So we got him Madden 10.

Today, we went over to his house (he lives 3 blocks from the mother-in-law) and I played a couple of games against him. He was the Packers, of course. And naturally, I played as the Vikes. Both games were played at Lamblow (er.. Lambeau). The first one, I got an early lead, only to have him come back and get the ball to my 3 yard line. After a great 3rd down stop by the Vikings, and being up only 31-29.. All he needed to do was kick a FG.. But instead (since he has been driving on me the final quarter) he got greedy and went for the TD. He missed, and I lucked out.

The second game was head to head the whole game. Less than a minute left of the game, the score is 28-22, Vikings leading, and he's driving again.. In the final 20 seconds, he has first and goal. And 3 timeouts. A couple of plays later, Aaron Rodgers throws a pass to Driver coming across the middle, but Leber steps up and picks him off. Leber is tackled at the Vikings 2 yard line. I can't kneel because it would give up 2 points (safety).. So I run the ball up the gut with AP. Adrian breaks 4 tackles and scampers 98 yards for a TD. SEALED. THE. DEAL.

The best part.. I've NEVER played Madden on any of the new consoles.. NEVER. (well, we played the demo Friday, but only 1 minute quarters and 2 teams to choose from.. Not very fun) and Shanna's cousin has played that demo many many times, and has played the game on his friend's PS3. So I was a nub and he was the 'vet'.

PWN'T!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I got an sg guitar, just like angus young uses. I'm surprised I got it, because it costs like 400 dollars.

"El3ment12" wrote:

And the winner is Element. :thumbright:

Although I'm a whammy bar nut, if I had to pick one guitar that doesn't have a whammy bar, it would be the Gibson SG. The only changes I'd make are I'd put different pickups in there. I know, sacrilege, but I have very particular tastes.

I've had this argument before many times, but I'd take an SG over a Les Paul any day of the week. They both have blazingly fast necks. The advantage SG has over the Les Paul is on the high frets, it's easy to reach the lower strings. Makes a huge difference as I do a lot of licks and runs up there.

As for Christmas, I got nothing. My extended family already agreed that only the Grandkids get presents. My son though, we bought him Warhammer 40k as that's what he wanted. He's stoked.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
El3ment12
14 years ago
Yes the sg is amazing zombie! I've have not stopped playing since christmas. The shape is just perfect, and the light weight it has is awesome. I had an imitation les paul that was about 150 dollars before, and the extra money for the sg was definitely worth it. Your right, the shape lets you get up there with the high notes which makes it much easier.
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Element - And it's also American made. That's important for me for labor reasons, but also because of materials.

I'm not talking out of my ass here. I know guitars. I've played on guitars where it's obvious they've skimped on materials and/or workmanship. Gibson doesn't skimp on either. It will cost you a few hundred more, but worth it if you're playing complex stuff.

Completely agreed with you on the shape and the weight matters after you've been playing for 3 hours straight. I always play standing up because if you don't, when you actually perform live, you may have to hold the strap up higher to hit all your notes cleanly and it looks silly. That's where the light weight really matters.

I'm seriously thinking of getting one as my next one. I'm glad you're enjoying yours. 😃
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
A Vikings loss.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

A Vikings loss.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

+1 :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago

Big doin's at the dfosterf household!Maxidoodle (FINALLY) has a squirrel!...at least he thinks he does.He has wanted one for years and all this time we have been getting him purple lambs green and yellow frogs etc. Various squeeze/squeekie toys that he figures out are fake (but he still likes to make 'em squeak.)Not this time man...He thinks this one is real and he keeps trying to find a spot for it...inside outside whateverdon't mess with his squirrelly...UserPostedImageSquirrelly!UserPostedImageNot a good spot...Merry Christmas everyone!

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

It pains my heart to a depth I could not possibly explain on this forum, but Maryanne and I were forced to put our most beloved dog Max down. I cannot begin to tell you what a hole this has left in our hearts.

He was such a good boy, all the way through to the end. I thought some of you would want to know.
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
I am sorry to hear that. I know you loved that dog with an abiding passion. I wept last year when my little dog died of a brain tumor. Every few days the boys ask if we can get a new dog, but our lease won't let us have a pet, so we just get to miss her. Do you hope to get another or was he your one and only?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago

I am sorry to hear that. I know you loved that dog with an abiding passion. I wept last year when my little dog died of a brain tumor. Every few days the boys ask if we can get a new dog, but our lease won't let us have a pet, so we just get to miss her. Do you hope to get another or was he your one and only?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Maryanne came to me (in bed, depressed) and asked me if we can get another dog. I said "no". Not at this time.

I spent the day (while she was at work) looking at pics of all the shelter dogs. My big problem is if I actually GO to the shelter, I pick the dog most at risk of being disposed of, regardless of "criteria" and consequences. This is why I have to look alone without Maryanne knowing I'm even looking.
That's how Bryce and I wound up with Ben. Bryce didn't want Ben, but Ben was done, so I had to take him home. We had him for about 8 years. He had about an hour or two when I picked him up.

Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.