go.pack.go.
14 years ago
In this thread I will be posting the diaries of Aaron Rodgers during his pro bowl weeks.

All of the following articles/diaries are quoted from the official Packers Website. 

I really like the Dallas coaches. I knew (offensive coordinator) Jason Garrett through the Combine and through our individual meeting when he was with Miami, when I was coming out in '05 and getting drafted. I really liked him and am excited about working with him. Wade Wilson, the quarterback coach, I know his story. He played in the league for a number of years, so it's fun working with him, and receivers coach Ray Sherman as well. I didn't play for Ray (when he was Green Bay's receivers coach from 2000-04), but I met him a couple years ago, and I know Donald Driver and some of the older guys have a lot of respect for him. And I've met Wade Phillips over the last few years at different of events, so I really like him. It's a good staff on offense. I'm looking forward to working with them.

We had an administrative meeting last night, signed what seemed like about 5,000 footballs and then this morning we had our offensive meeting. We installed the whole offense in 15 minutes, and then we had practice after that. It's very casual, just in helmets and shorts today. A very walk-through like tempo, for some guys anyway. Some guys are going a little faster than others, but older guys were definitely walk-through tempo. There were a lot of laughs out there.

I hadn't thrown in two weeks and hadn't really thrown without pads on in a while. The ball was coming out pretty good. I think I surprised some people. A couple of guys were going a little slower and weren't maybe expecting the ball to get on them that quick. These are the most talented guys in the league, so it's going to take a little bit to get used to the Dallas Cowboys' routes, and how each individual guy runs their routes. But we're going to try to work some of that out in these practices, and when the game comes you just have to make plays.

Actually, I'm buddies with a few of these guys. I wanted to see (Arizona safety) Antrel Rolle and thank him for what he said after we played them in the playoffs. Also, I was excited about meeting Mike Jenkins, the corner for Dallas. I have a lot of respect for him. He's a very talented player. It's been fun so far. You get to play against these guys, get to know them a little bit on the field, but this is more of a relaxed atmosphere where you really get to spend some good time with them.

It's pretty special to have three Green Bay guys here too. Unfortunately 'Wood' with his injuries couldn't make it. But it's nice to be able to spend time with those guys. Clay and I have become good buddies over this last year, and Nick and I were obviously drafted in the same class together. It's fun to have two '05 guys in the Pro Bowl at the same time, and I've been very proud of Nick and the success that he's been having, and I hope we can get him signed for the long term. It's great having a guy like Clay as well, a young guy who really gets it, who's a true pro, and he played at a very high level this year.

Your goal at the beginning of the season is to go to the Super Bowl, so obviously Miami was the target. Not this week in Miami, though. It's very flattering and a great honor to be voted in by the fans, your fellow players and coaches as well. You have to look at it that way. Obviously this is not my main goal, but this is a great perk at the end of a long season.

I think the most exciting thing is knowing that I'm starting. That's a pretty special honor. There's only one starter at every position. I know I wasn't directly voted the starter, but because of the way things shook down, it's a great honor to know that I'll be starting my first Pro Bowl.

The older guys who have been to multiple Pro Bowls say that nothing is like Hawaii, but this is my first go-round at it, and I'm excited about just being here. I have zero complaints. It's a great hotel in a great spot next to the beach, and hopefully I'll try to get some color here the next few days.

I brought my best friend from Huntington Beach here with me. My brother and another close friend are coming out from San Diego, and another good friend from Green Bay is coming down. We have little events that we're doing every night for the NFL, but there's a couple other things I'd like to do. I'd like to go out in Miami at least one night, and also I would like to do some stuff on the beach here. I don't know if it's rent a jet ski, or something like that. There's a lot of fun stuff to do out here.

It's exciting being here. It would be nice to make this an every-year occurrence. But that's going to take a lot of hard work, guys around myself doing their jobs well, and me doing my job well. And I think it takes a little good luck as well, to avoid injury and to have a team around you that's playing well. As much as this is looked at as an individual achievement, it takes an entire team for something like this to happen.

UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Nice read, Go.Pack. He sure does "like" a lot of people.

Video diary from today, which I don't know how to embed.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/2010_non_game/video_20100127__2de23fcbae99__a47dd4923ca4/ 
Cheesey
14 years ago
That was a fun read.
Glad to see Aaron Rodgers soaking it all in.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
14 years ago
Nice to see he has a good head on shoulders and that he respects a lot of the players. You can't expect more besides being a pro-bowl caliber player from the leader of your offense.
flep
14 years ago
A-Rod at the Pro - Bowl

How many of us would have said that after 2 seasons.

He has had 2 seasons of excellent production.

Next year he will be voted to it again but won't be playing

He'll be preparing for the next weeks game.

I'm convinced of it.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
tonyagnese
14 years ago

A-Rod at the Pro - Bowl

I'm convinced of it.

"flep" wrote:

Absolutely! Great to see Aaron taking it all in and having fun, he certainly deserves it.
blank
RaiderPride
14 years ago
Sounds to me he wants to be a Dallas Cowboy.

J/K Nice read.

Thanks fo that.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
TheEngineer
14 years ago

A-Rod at the Pro - Bowl

I'm convinced of it.

"flep" wrote:

By (almost) all accounts, Rodgers should have been in last year's Pro Bowl, too.
blank
FloridaPacker88
14 years ago
Rodgers is doing and saying everything right man, I feel like a total Schmuck for booing him when he was drafted. Glad I'm not the one making the calls up front!

Congrats to Aaron on all his recent successes and on the future ones to come!
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
I posted this in the shout box yesterday, but I can imagine that some of you missed it.

It's from NFL Network, not from Packers.com, but hey, it's a nice interview.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-bowl/09000d5d81606107/Aaron-Rodgers-on-set 
Fan Shout
dhazer (3h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (4h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (4h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (19h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (23h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.