Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

Poor Viking fans,,......they thought they would get some kind of "revenge" by watching the Saints fall to the Colts.
Didn't happen now, did it????LOLOL!!!

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

As usual, you are wrong again limburger breath.
While I can't speak for all the Purple faithful, I was pulling for the Saints to win. Good game, enjoyed it.

I always pull for the NFC team..........unless it is the Packers. ::wink:

"vikesrule" wrote:

I'm not sure if I would cheer for the Vikings or not. The Vikings in the SB is just too bizarre of a concept for me to contemplate with any degree of reason. You may as well ask me what I would do if gravity reversed itself, or if everyone on the planet suddenly started experiencing permanent extreme synesthesia.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Re: rebuilding NO (or Haiti, for that matter), there are two questions:

1. Do I (or other individual Americans, foreigners, or Martians) have a moral obligation to extend aid and comfort to some who are less fortunate? My position would be yes, and it does not change just because I think they are pinheads for building on flood plains, listening to the promises of this or that elected official, or whatever.

2. Should I be forced (via tax dollars) to contribute to said aid and comfort? My position would be "no" or, at most, "it depends." And, re: the latter, part of what it depends on is whether they are pinheads or not.
If you built on a flood plain and it floods, I feel for your loss, but I don't feel that entitles you to my tax dollars. If you build below sea level next to a large body of water, and a hurricane wipes you out, I feel for your loss, but that doesn't entitle you to my tax dollars.

This is not feudal Europe where people have to live where the lord of the manor or the king tells them to live. The people of New Orleans weren't serfs.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Pack93z
14 years ago

even La Crosse is a flood plain

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Apparently it no longer is. For my entire childhood, my father had to pay flood insurance on his mortgage. Then one day a few years ago, we were pronounced no longer in a flood plain. No more insurance required.

Odd.

"pack93z" wrote:

Here is an article talking directly about the flood plain that is La Crosse and management of it.. including insurance. I don't know that using insurance as the model for whether it is a flood plain or not is considered an accurate gauge of its classification.

I lived in the La Crosse area for a couple of years... notably on the French Island, La Crescent MN, and Onalaska... I know some of this because when I was finishing school in the early 90's we had a paper due on the insurance risks of the area for a 300 level business class.. one of the risks was purchasing flood insurance verses not and the reaching impacts.. remember little of the content of the paper now.. but I remember researching the area.. along with other portions of Wisconsin and Minnesota... where to locate a business was the underlying theme for the semester..

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-182080882/floodplain-management-la-crosse.html 

Physiographic Setting of La Crosse

The City of La Crosse, Wisconsin, a city of 51,000 with a metropolitan and county population of about 107,000 (US Department of Commerce 2000), is located on the bank of the Mississippi River across from the Minnesota-Wisconsin border (Figure 1). In the vicinity of La Crosse (longitude 91[degrees]12' W and latitude 43[degrees]50' N), the Mississippi River flows through a postglacial alluvial floodplain, 2-10 km wide, which is bordered on both sides of the valley by a series of steep-sided Cambrian Lower Magnesian limestone/dolomite bluffs, 70-200 m high (Martin 1965, 171). With such steep bluffs, a gorge-like appearance and relatively narrow floodplains, this section of the valley is considered a part of the Upper Mississippi Basin. Most of the urban development in the La Crosse area has been confined between the bluffs and the left bank of the Mississippi, a distance of 2-4 km with an average slope of about 2-3 m/km. Most of the residential districts in the city have been built in flood-free areas on higher ground closer to the bluffs. Yet, there are at least three flood zones in La Crosse that experience flooding from the Mississippi (Figure 1).

First, in the northern section of the city there are major flood-prone areas on French Island and the township of Campbell. French Island is a large channel bar of the Mississippi with several low-lying places along its edges. Second, the most extensive flood-prone zones are located in the middle section of the city between the La Crosse River and the Black River, the two most important tributaries of the Mississippi in the region. In the lower section of the La Crosse River, a major structural depression is occupied by an extensive floodplain and backswamp. During high-magnitude floods, the marsh acts as a flood detention basin, although several low-lying areas adjacent to the marsh experience flooding. Third, additional flood-prone zones are located in the southern section of the city in a narrow strip of land along the river bank.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
Memo to New Orleans residents:

1. That big blue thing is called an ocean.

2. If you would have to look up to see it, you might want to make flood insurance a priority, and kindly don't blame the government for any decisions they made or didn't make about some wall if you were not smart enough to have aforementioned coverage. If you can't afford to live there, then don't.

3. If you would have to look up to see previously mentioned big blue thing, you might want to get the fuck out of the way of it when a hurricane is coming.

I give you this advice because thanks to your fucking stupidity, along with the stupidity of my fellow Americans, I get to help pay for it, so the least I can do is pass this along, even though you are apparently too fucking stupid to comprehend what is being hinted at...ah-- well--let me break it down to simpler terms:

STAY AWAY FROM THE BIG BLUE THING!

How stupid are these people?

I factored in hurricanes when I purchased my home. I live in central Pennsylvania. I needed to. That is my big hint, you GD morons! (folk that did not in New Orleans---- and to to the rest of you- I'm still workin' on that whole PC thing. :pottytrain2: )

Rep. John Murtha D- PA just died. Tag him and bag him. Hopefully we get a Republican to replace him. Semper fi, you prick. I'll see you in hell.
Pack93z
14 years ago
LOL Foster... yes that PC thing isn't something that fits like a slipper upon your toes.. sometimes you mash your toes to fit.. but most of the time the slipper is laying at the bottom of the pool. :lol:

There is a lot to be said for that... I rarely can just brutally lay it out there..

While I don't agree with the all of your rant... I agree that sometimes common sense and proper planning need to win out.

But that still doesn't mean that I can't be happy for them to have some joy over this win..

BTW... there is a reason I put up with the cold in Northern Wisconsin.. we have no.. earthquakes or hurricanes to worry about.. and the odds of tornados are very good compared to other regions of the US.. so it is colder than a witches tit for a couple of weeks a year..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
lol

...And I was rooting for the Saints and their city, lol

(I just get a little testy about the whole sense of entitlement thing, and I am glad that "Mayor" cut, run, whine and blame Nagin is gone, but don't get me going again...)
vikesrule
14 years ago

(I just get a little testy about the whole sense of entitlement thing, and I am glad that "Mayor" cut, run, whine and blame Nagin is gone, but don't get me going again...)

"dfosterf" wrote:

But you boys over in Pennsylvania sure do like your pork! :wickedfart:

The King of Pork Congressman Jack Murtha, Pennsylvania

The Prince of Pork Congressman Bud (Pork Barrel) Shuster, Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Pork 

More Pennsylvania Pork 
dfosterf
14 years ago
This is because most Pennsylvanians are complete morons.

John Murtha was a liar and a thief.

Sen Spector is a liar, thief, traitor and political opportunist.

The Governor is a sleazy scumbag.

Still better than Minnesota, but not by much.

If you really want some entertainment, google "Linda Thompson" or "Mayor Linda Thompson". There is so much to see from that-I could not BEGIN to do it justice of just how incredible it truly is in just a single post. These IDIOTS got rid of a mayor that was recently voted the "3rd best mayor in the WORLD" ("Allegedly" gay-strike one, definitely white, strike two, bought some "wild west" artifacts for a "wild west" museum in Harrisburg-lol strike three) for this piece of work. She has been entertaining me on local cable for years. It is actually unbelievable how truly bizarrely bad this lady has been in just one month in office. She's a God lovin' woman from a God lovin' family, with a few minor deviations...I could start with her son on bail for rape, perhaps move to her brother on bail for coke, a day after the kid got bailed out, but my personal favorite is her other brother recently released from his murder sentence....really...

To call her dumber than a box of rocks isn't really giving enough credit to rocks. Her favorite word while she was president of the city council was "irregardless" lol

I don't live in Harrisburg, but my county (Dauphin county) will be bailing out the mess...thanks to MY set of idiots guaranteeing a loan for an incinerator, it is almost worth it, because I get to watch the city of Harrisburg do a complete melt down. People would loan that city money, because as whack as the former mayor was, he was trusted by bankers and wall street, etc. That same group wouldn't loan this [strike]ho[/strike] statesperson lunch money if she put the entire city up as collateral, which she just might do.
Pack93z
14 years ago
Ironically... Murtha passed away today.

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20100208/WDH0101/100208148/1981/Rep.-Murtha-Iraq-war-critic-dies-at-age-77 
dfosterf
14 years ago

Apparently, you missed my sentimental comment on that...from previous post:

Rep. John Murtha D- PA just died. Tag him and bag him. Hopefully we get a Republican to replace him. Semper fi, you prick. I'll see you in hell.

Pack93z
14 years ago
Yep.. that freaking slipper is drenched in the pool. lol.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16h / Around The NFL / bboystyle

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.