dfosterf
14 years ago
Since I am inventing it, I get to go first, lol.

I will pick 3 different players from the first round. You respond by accepting those in the first, and giving our 2nd round pick in each of those scenarios.

Try to be realistic. First one to answer with their scenario gets to "lock in" round two for the "next" person that wants to play for round 3.

Everyone is "stuck" with the picks that went before them, so they have to factor in the previous picks.

All commentary is welcome. I say this is worth a try.

Let's assume we have a compensatory pick in the 6th round.

OK-

Scenario number one--- The Pack takes Porky 88's Bruce Campbell OT Maryland with our 1st round pick.

Scenario number two--- The Pack takes Rock's Brandon Graham DE/OLB
Michigan with our 1st round pick.

Scenario number three---He falls, and the Pack takes (a lot of folks) Taylor Mays FS USC with our 1st round pick.

Please "carry forward" the previous round picks when you make your selections.

C'mon, let's see what we come up with!
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
I'll (try to) play.

Scenario 1 (Campbell in the first): Second round pick is... Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan.

Scenario 2 (Graham in the first): Second round pick is... Jared Veldheer, T, Hillsdale.

Scenario 3 (Mays in the first): (once ILikeThePackers39 finally calms down and stops celebrating) Second round pick is.... Roger Saffold, T, Indiana.

Obviously, I went OT in the two scenarios that didn't include that getting taken care of in round 1, because I'm drinking the fosterf Kool Aid, so if they don't go OT in Rd. 1, I expect it to happen ASAP after that. Additionally, there's some possibility that Veldheer would be there in Rd. 2 for both scenarios 2 and 3 - I just chose another in scenario 3 for funsies.

The more I think about it, the more I like the Mays/Saffold scenario.
blank
Stevetarded
14 years ago
Scenario 1 - 1st Campbell T, 2nd Warren CB, 3rd (LeGarrette Blount) RB

Scenario 2 - 1st Graham OLB, 2nd Veldheer T, 3rd (Nate Allen) S

Scenario 3 - 1st Mays S, 2nd Saffold T, 3rd (George Selvie) DE/OLB
blank
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Scenario 1 - 1st Campbell T, 2nd Warren CB, 3rd LeGarrette Blount RB, 4th Myron Rolle S.

Scenario 2 - 1st Graham OLB, 2nd Veldheer T, 3rd Nate Allen S, 4th Vince Oghobaase DE/DT.

Scenario 3 - 1st Mays S, 2nd Saffold T, 3rd George Selvie DE/OLB, 4th Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB(KR)

Thought I'd bring some variety in scenario 2 and 3, instead of going with Oghobaase twice.
Stevetarded
14 years ago

Scenario 1 - 1st Campbell T, 2nd Warren CB, 3rd LeGarrette Blount RB, 4th Myron Rolle S.

Scenario 2 - 1st Graham OLB, 2nd Veldheer T, 3rd Nate Allen S, 4th Vince Oghobaase DE/DT.

Scenario 3 - 1st Mays S, 2nd Saffold T, 3rd George Selvie DE/OLB, 4th Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB(KR)

Thought I'd bring some variety in scenario 2 and 3, instead of going with Oghobaase twice.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

haha, I think it's more likely in Scenario 1 if we switched Blount with Rolle. Rolle was actually my first choice but I thought he may actually be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd.
blank
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"Stevetarded" wrote:

haha, I think it's more likely in Scenario 1 if we switched Blount with Rolle. Rolle was actually my first choice but I thought he may actually be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

He's all over the board because of "dedication issues".

The kid got a Rhodes Scholarship, of course he took the chance to do that.

If you ask me, he's 2nd round material, but I've seen him going anywhere between the 2nd and 5th round. Like you said, though, there ought to be a team who takes a flier on him before our 3rd round pick.
dfosterf
14 years ago

"Stevetarded" wrote:

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I'm going to use an online "big board" after we get done, and post it to look at.

I'm not going to say which one, because then people are gonna cheat.

I will say that Rock's pick is in "full compliance" with the big board in question...

I love these kinds of games....I get to make up rules as I go, lol
Pack93z
14 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"Stevetarded" wrote:

He's all over the board because of "dedication issues".

The kid got a Rhodes Scholarship, of course he took the chance to do that.

If you ask me, he's 2nd round material, but I've seen him going anywhere between the 2nd and 5th round. Like you said, though, there ought to be a team who takes a flier on him before our 3rd round pick.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I think the bigger knock on Rolle is his speed verses the time off on his Rhodes excursion..

If he can post some decent speed numbers prior to the draft.. I think the kid may climb back into the 2nd round..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
14 years ago
I haven't gotten into draft mode yet.. so to be honest.. my answers right now would look like junk past the first round.

BTW... My First Round pick for the Packers as it stands at the moment without a lot of time invested yet.. Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU.

Pass rushing motor to develop into another option at Linebacker.

My assumptions are..

Kampman walks

Poppinga is released.

Thompson is waived medical.

And Hughes might be the best value when we are up.. might be a tad high.. but the kid could have a impact year one with his speed while developing more to his pass rushing arsenal in terms of adding a spin move, etc.... situational pass rusher.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
When I say that this is going to be "scored"---

Here is what I am saying---

I am going to provide a link for every player selected, so that members can view that players profile, along with their overall rank, position rank and projected round. ---coupled with a reminder of which member picked him.

I personally am grading nothing. I believe I have selected a "mock" / "big board" that most will agree is not whack. It is NOT drafttek, (many know I like that one) FWIW. There is no grade, just a display of the difference in opinion between the big board selected and the member's perception.

I have already finished putting together the 3 scenarios and all the links through the 4th round per the selections made.

It's working out pretty good. We just need a few more brave souls!

We are on rd 5. Remember, rd 6 will be 6a and 6b to account for the supplemental pick. Please don't take both at 6a.
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (44m) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (6h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (8h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (8h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (10h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (10h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (10h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (11h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (11h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (22h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (23h) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.