Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Well since Arrigo and Porky had their go, I thought I'd try too...

1) St. Louis Rams - QB Sam Bradford
The Rams are desperate for a franchise Quarterback. Sam Bradford is a great choice there. While Suh and McCoy may be the top guys on the board, the Rams have used 2 of their last 3 1st Round picks on defensive linemen, so I doubt they'll go that route again.

2) Detroit Lions - DT Ndamukong Suh
With the trade for Rob Sims, I think they will keep Backus at tackle, and start Sims at guard. Schwartz reportedly still believes Backus can be a quality starting tackle. Suh is the bets player in the draft.

3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT Gerald McCoy
With Suh off the board, the Buccaneers take the second best option on their draft board.

4) Washington Redskins - OT Russell Okung
Clausen can be counted out because of the McNabb trade, so I guess it's safe to say Shanahan needs to adress the offensive line. He will take the best tackle on the board, which in this mock draft is Russell Okung.

5) Kansas City Chiefs - OT Bryan Bulaga
Scott Pioli went with positional value over best player avaivable last year, and he might do it again. The Chiefs need to protect their 60+ million investment in Matt Cassel.

6) Seattle Seahawks - OT Trent Williams
Trent Williams has climbed up boards like crazy recently. The Seahawks opened their minicamps with Sean Locklear and Ray Willis at the tackle spots. An upgrade is desperately needed.

7) Cleveland Browns - FS Eric Berry
With the exception of Eric Wright, the Browns pass defense has been terrible the past few years. Eric Berry is the best safety to come out since the late Sean Taylor.

8) Oakland Raiders - OT Bruce Campbell
Undead Al loves athletes. We saw this last year when he took DHB in the top 10, and a guy who I had as an undrafted free agent, Mike Mitchell in the second round. Campbell was the most athletic offensive lineman in the combine. Al Davis may consider Jacoby Ford here too.

9) Buffalo Bills - QB Jimmy Clausen
At this point, Jimmy is both the best player on the board, and fills the biggest need the Bills have: a franchise QB.

10) Jacksonville Jaguars - MLB Rolando McClain
McClain would probably fit a 3-4 system better, but I think he will be the new leader in the youth movement of this defense.

11) Denver Broncos - WR Dez Bryant
A very hard pick to predict. I'm thinking maybe they don't need a nose tackle, since Justin Bannan can easily switch between nose and end. Recent reports have led me to believe Dez might indeed be the pick, despite some concerns over his character.

12) Miami Dolphins - OLB Jason Pierre-Paul
Boom or bust. This could easily be either the best or worst pick of the first round.

13) San Fransisco 49ers - CB Joe Haden
The Niners are getting a steal here. It's possible Nate Clements will be cut this year to avoid future cap problems. I have no doubt in my mind that Haden will be one of the best corners of this decade.

14) Seattle Seahawks - DE Derrick Morgan
The Seahawks opened minicamps with Lawrence Jackson and Chris Clemons as defensive ends. Much improvement is needed. Morgan is a very safe pick.

15) New York Giants - DT Dan Williams
After the departure of Fred Robbins, the Giants need a big body to in the middle of their defensive line.

16) Tennessee Titans - DE Brandon Graham
Graham was the Senior Bowl MVP and the best defensive end on the board right now. The Titans have Jacob Ford as a starter and William Hayes as a situational pass rusher. They need to fill the other starter spot.

Part 2 in a separate post
This is a placeholder
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Antother one.

Surprised to see Earl Thomas that high. Although his skills do justify the pick, I can not imagine that they won't be addressing the DE/OLB spot if both Morgan and Pierre-Paul are on the board.
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
17) San Fransisco 49ers - OT Charles Brown
This is purely a need pick. The Niners can't leave the first round without someone who can play RT. It's not the best fit for Charles, but he can do it.

18) Pittsburgh Steelers - OT Anthony Davis
Big Ben laying on his back and taking punishment all the time is deliciously ironic, but the Steelers need to start protecting him. Max Starks can fill the LT spot until Davis is ready to play.

19) Atlanta Falcons - OLB Sean Weatherspoon
It's going to be one of the most interesting training camp position battles when Stephen Nicholas, Sean Weatherspoon and Mike Peterson battle it out for the OLB spots.

20) Houston Texans - RB C.J. Spiller
It's a miracle that Spiller fell this far. Texans won't waste any time handing the card to Goodell.

21) Cincinnati Bengals - FS Earl Thomas
Chris Crocker and Roy Williams is one of the worst safety duos in the league. Earl Thomas fits a need, and he is a spectacular prospect.

22) New England Patriots - DE Jared Odrick
Reports say the Patriots are in love with Odrick. He fills a need, and is a perfect fit for the 3-4 end position.

23) Green Bay Packers - OLB Jerry Hughes
With Brandon Graham gone, Jerry Hughes is a pick that fits the rumors that have been coming out of Titletown recently.

24) Philadelphia Eagles - CB Kyle Wilson
If Wilson falls to them, the Browns trade might actually work out pretty well for the Eagles.

25) Baltimore Ravens - CB Devin McCourty
Washington and Webb are coming off torn ACLs, so the Ravens need more cornerbacks. And it's not like Chris Carr can handle the starting spot for a full year anyway.

26) Arizona Cardinals - C Maurkice Pouncey
Lyle Sendlein is possibly the worst starting center in the league right now. Pouncey will be a great pick here.

27) Dallas Cowboys - FS Nate Allen
Reports say Nate is climbing to the first round of some draft boards. With Ken Hamlin gone, the Cowboys really need a new free safety.

28) San Diego Chargers - RB Ryan Mathews
If a bell-cow back like Mathews falls to the Chargers, there's no doubt they will pick him.

29) New York Jets - OLB Sergio Kindle
Bryan Thomas isn't a really good fit as a 3-4 rusher, and Vernon Gholston is a bust. They need a new player to line up across from Calvin Pace.

30) Minnesota Vikings - G Mike Iupati
Iupati will take the starting job from Anthony Herrera.

31) Indianapolis Colts - OT Roger Saffold
Colts have tended to go with BPA, but I think the need at LT is too big to ignore Saffold.

32) New Orleans Saints - OLB Daryl Washington
This fills the Saints biggest need. Everson Griffen is also an option, but there are plenty of run stopping DEs for them to pick in the late second round, since Will Smith can handle most of the pass rushing duties.
This is a placeholder
Packers_Finland
14 years ago

Antother one.

Surprised to see Earl Thomas that high. Although his skills do justify the pick, I can not imagine that they won't be addressing the DE/OLB spot if both Morgan and Pierre-Paul are on the board.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I would have them taking either Griffen, Pierre-Paul or Morgan, but Griffen and Morgan aren't great fits in the scheme and I don't think Parcells trusts a one-year wonder in Pierre-Paul.
This is a placeholder
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Antother one.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

I would have them taking either Griffen, Pierre-Paul or Morgan, but Griffen and Morgan aren't great fits in the scheme and I don't think Parcells trusts a one-year wonder in Pierre-Paul.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

RT @Hodari11: Derreck Morgan is strictly a DE not an OLB accoring to all the scouts at his pro day. > Well, not to me or several 3-4 teams

"Daniel Jeremiah" wrote:

http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/10575942120 

Now, I have to agree with you that I've heared a lot about him being a 4-3 player, rather than a 3-4 one, but I also feel that he could fit in a 3-4 scheme with some coaching and some luck.
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Updated picks
This is a placeholder
cajed
14 years ago
I am starting to think a good OT can be picked up in the second round. I wouldn't mind SS-Mays, OLB-Kinldle or a CB. Especially if we are drafting for someone to sit the bench for a year. I think Vladmir Ducasse, Jared Veldheer and even Bruce Campbell if he falls to the second would benefit from sitting a year. Other possibilites are Selvish Capers, Kyle Calloway and even Ciron BLack in later rounds.
blank
porky88
14 years ago
I'm very interested in what the Bills will do now. They need a LT very badly and they could go that route or they could go the QB route. Clausen doesn't fit their system. It becomes the age old question. Do you build the system around the players you can get or you do you take players that fit your system? That's the dilemma they face.

I thought it was a very well put together mock by the way. Few disagreements like Bryant to San Diego, but none the less, a nice read.
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Updated a few picks again.
This is a placeholder
porky88
14 years ago
Clausen's proday was good, but Mike Holmgren wasn't there to see it.

Cleveland/Holmgren have fallen in love with Colt McCoy. I think that's the guy they're going to try to get. They have so many picks that I could see them moving up for him. Either the late part of the first or the very early part of the second. Unless it's all a smokescreen, but his comments are on record. That makes for an interesting situation if he is the pick.

Clausen's biggest problem is there just aren't a lot of spots for him. The same thing applied to Aaron Rodgers I recall. It's probably going to take a trade for him to find a home or Jacksonville.

The Jaguars continue to be the wild card in this picture. Jack Del Rio will argue against it because his job status is up in the air, but Gene Smith's job is safe and he might pull a Ted Thompson and take the QB even if the coach is a bit of a lame duck.

You have Bryant listed twice. Denver takes him if they trade Brandon Marshall.

I would love if Green Bay got Brandon Graham. It's almost to good of a pick to be true IMO.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (9h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (11h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (14h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (15h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.