Rockmolder
14 years ago
These things are always a total crapshoot, especially past the 2nd round, but I thought that I'd give it a shot, anyway. Some of these picks might look more like wishfull thinking than reality, but I'm not going to go overboard. I'm going to throw some trades in there, as well.

Trade Alert!

The Jets trade the 29th and 61st pick in the 2010 draft for the Packers' 23th and 86th pick so they can select DE/DT Jared Odrick, leapfrogging the Ravens.

1st Pick (From Jets)

With the 29th (1st round) pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU.

UserPostedImage

One DE/OLB is bound to slip. If it isn't Hughes, it'll be Sergio Kindle. In this case, it's Hughes.

Hughes has an amazing first step. He has a lot of different moves to defeat the OT, great speed, relentless motor. He's nearly the complete package as a pass rusher.

The only knock on this kid is that he's undersized. He's no Reynolds, but he could bulk up a little at 6'2, 255. Because of being undersized, he does lose at the point of attack and isn't great against bigger runners.

I'm thinking off a much better Brad Jones here, really.

2nd Pick

With the 56th (2nd round) pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale.

UserPostedImage

Veldheer has been dominating in college and had an amazing combine.

Usually, that translates into a 1st round pick.

Problem is, he played for Hillsdale. He didn't get much media attention and played against lesser opponents.

Fact remains, though, that he's a great OT. He shuts DEs down. He's more athletic that given credit for, especially at 6'8, 312. He'll need some grooming, but he'll be one of the better OTs in the league after a year or two.

3rd Pick (From Jets)

With the 61st pick (2nd round) in the 2010 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select Andre Roberts, WR, Citadel.

UserPostedImage

Yes, a wide receiver.

Driver has been declining a little near the end of the year and Ted isn't sold on Jones or Nelson being the long term answer. And even if he is, we're going to need another body when Driver does retire.

I know that some will see this as a reach, but this kid is so similar to Greg Jennings, that someone will pull the trigger in the late 2nd or early 3rd.

Roberts played great at the Citadel. He followed that up with a good showing at the Senior Bowl and the Combine. He gets alot of yards after the catch, makes every catch, runs good routes.

The only thing he got working against him is his size. He gets jammed at the line and doesn't wins jump balls that often.

Roberts looks to be a great nr. 2 receiver when Jennings retires, with Jones keeping the role he's having right now.

4th Pick

With the 122nd pick (4th round) in the 2010 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select Myron Rolle, S, Florida State

UserPostedImage

Getting Myron Rolle in the 4th would be a steal in my eyes. Had he entered the draft last year instead of accepting a Rhodes scholarship at Oxford, he'd have been a, then, first day pick.

Like I said, the knock on him is that he might not be commited to football, but you won't get a flawless prospect in the 4th. He's way too good to be a 4th rounder from a physical standpoint. He's a 6'2, 220 safety who's great in pass coverage and always seems to be around the ball. He has the strength to consistently take down the tackler.

This pick would be a complete steal.

Part 2 will, most likely, be up somewhere later this week. [url=index.php?name=Pro_News&aid=133]full article[/url].
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
I like it so far....if we could get Veldheer in the 2nd and J. Hughes in the 1st that in itself would be great.
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Damn you and your wide recievers.
This is a placeholder
starpass
14 years ago
I like Dexter McCluster the RB and returner from Mississippi...in a 2nd or 3rd round pick...mcshay has him as the fifth best back...
blank
RajiRoar
14 years ago

Damn you and your wide recievers.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

double-damn

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Packers_Finland
14 years ago

I like Dexter McCluster the RB and returner from Mississippi...in a 2nd or 3rd round pick...mcshay has him as the fifth best back...

"starpass" wrote:

I wouldn't say McShay as any credibility in the world. He's one of the stupidest "experts" I've ever seen.

He was that high on Mike Mayock's (a much more respectable analyst) list a while ago, so yeah, a 2nd rounder for him wouldn't be bad, if we didn't have other needs that need to be filled.
This is a placeholder
British
14 years ago
I'd be pretty happy with Hughes and Veldheer certainly.

As for WR Ted Thompson likes to draft them and does a good job at it. Considering he didn't draft one last year suggests we'll probably take one at some point this year. And if he sees Greg Jennings Mk II he'll no doubt be tempted.

(One thing though, I don't expect Odrick to be on the board when we pick. I can see the Patriots (who have lost Seymour and another DE) picking him.)
UserPostedImage
Brandon494
14 years ago
I don't know if you saw my mock draft a couple days ago but I also picked
Veldheer and Rolle.

http://www.packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=8679 

Also as much as I like Andre Roberts we don't need to be picking a WR that high in the draft. I would rather that pick be used on a CB or RB instead.
blank
Rockmolder
14 years ago

I'd be pretty happy with Hughes and Veldheer certainly.

As for WR Ted Thompson likes to draft them and does a good job at it. Considering he didn't draft one last year suggests we'll probably take one at some point this year. And if he sees Greg Jennings Mk II he'll no doubt be tempted.

(One thing though, I don't expect Odrick to be on the board when we pick. I can see the Patriots (who have lost Seymour and another DE) picking him.)

"British" wrote:

You could be right. He is one of the favorites to go to New England. It's just that this Patriots team has a lot of holes. A lot are fixable with all the picks they have this year and next year, but they're going to have to make a choice.

They could opt to go for Jermaine Gresham, Kyle Wilson, Everson Griffen, Ryan Matthews.

I already expected everyone to love the Andre Roberts pick. Ted usually goes BPA as long as he fits some kind of need. The later we get in the draft, the less he seems to care about actual needs.

Take Quinn Johnson last year.

The way he handled drafting Greg Jennings a couple of years ago leads me to believe that he could value Andre Roberts pretty high. High enough to draft him at the end of the 2nd round, even though he doesn't fit a need right now. Like Jennings, he kid comes from a smaller school. He'll need grooming. When Driver is gone in a year or two, he'll be ready to step in as the starter.
Pack93z
14 years ago
After looking at the roster and the moves this offseason.. I can say one thing very happily.

We have so much freedom to allow the draft to come to us this season that is borderline insane.. that is due to years of building a solid foundation.

Sure we have some thin spots.. but those are really at depth and long term starting corps.

With a very deep draft.. I haven't been this jacked for a draft in a couple of years.. and I think from a Packers standpoint.. this might be one of the toughest drafts to get a handle on where we are going.

But I enjoy the efforts you gents are bringing. +1 to all you "Mockers".
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (1h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (1h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (2h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (2h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (13h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (14h) : damn those vikings
beast (14h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (14h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (14h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (14h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (14h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (21h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (22h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
22m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.