wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

I mean, other than emotion, why on the god's green earth would you root for the Vikings? ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

You can't fix "stupid".
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
The Fail is strong with him.
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
14 years ago

...I mean, other than emotion, why on the god's green earth would you root for the Vikings? ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

Don't be making me post those pictures of you in all of your fine Vikings regalia again.

Or perhaps I shall find someone that lives in your community, snail-mail them the hard copies and have them post them throughout the community..... every store, church, school, library and street corner!
::wink:
Cheesey
14 years ago

In the end though, there's no way to guarentee someone will agree with you.
I try to show respect to people even if I don't agree with them. Sometimes they will do the same back, but not always.

"wpr" wrote:

Wait. I just thought of a sure fire way to get people ot agree with you ever single time.

UserPostedImage

"Cheesey" wrote:

I AGREE!!!! I AGREE ALREADY!!!LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

Or perhaps I shall find someone that lives in your community, snail-mail them the hard copies and have them post them throughout the community..... every store, church, school, library and street corner![/color] ::wink:

"vikesrule" wrote:

Them there are fighting words my friend.. lol.. work was bad enough. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

Nobody has listened to me for 67 years.

"MontanaBob" wrote:

Jesus, you're old. 😛
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Wade - Good question. I've always believed that the way to teach someone something (in this case, teach them the "right" belief as they obviously don't believe the right thing, like Vikings' fans for example), is to set the right example.

Do as I say not as I do doesn't teach anyone shit other than the person who says this is a hypocrite.

The other thing, don't make personal attacks. If he starts making personal attacks, call him on it. Say that's an argument ad hominem and it has nothing to do with the argument.

Stick to your guns. And be fair.

Also very importantly, listen to what he has to say. People love to talk and love it even more when there's someone on the other side who actually listens.

When you do all these things, you're more likely to have them listen to your side.

Smile when they are speaking. I remember Lloyd Benson debating Dan Quayle and Benson made Quayle look like a complete jackass. Not saying which one I agreed with, just perception. Benson smiled the whole time, especially when Quayle was speaking, looked confident, and listened when Quayle spoke. Quayle on the other hand interrupted, looked nervous, and looked like he didn't know what he was talking about. You gotta keep your cool.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
4PackGirl
14 years ago
the people i respect are the ones i listen to time & time again. i may still not agree but i will absolutely listen to those i have a high level of respect for. my dad wasn't a highly educated man but he grew up very poor, learned from his dad, from his own mistakes, & from others mistakes. that type of knowledge is not obtained in any classroom.
DakotaT
14 years ago
I was raised by a man who would never budge, and had an arrogance to him that he was right and most people are stupid. This man was verbally abusive to my mother, my brother, and me. I didn't agree a lot of his ways, but I had to respect him just out of fear. It was just accepted in those days. To say he had a profound influence on how I think is an understatement. In my mid twenties my father was tried and convicted of GSI of my nieces. My family's whole world was turned inside out and we were left with broken lives, and feelings of bitterness and betrayal.

Now how does this relate to your question Wade, well in my case, hard headedness and an unwillingness to listen to the other side would be both a genetic defect and behavioral one. I find myself having some of my father's bad mannerism towards other peoples thoughts and opinions, and it really bothers me because I try to be a better man than he. It is wrong to dismiss someone else's opinion as moronic, but I'm afraid there are just some things we can't help sometimes.

In the case of the Minnesota Vikings, I'm with 93; only I'm not brave/dumb enough to bet against a stacked deck.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
I shall (mostly) reserve personal commentary, but do have an "oldie but goody" that I have always felt was worth the time and trouble to consider.

...What all this amounts to is that the human race is divided into two sharply differentiated and mutually antagonistic classes, almost two genera -- a small minority that plays with ideas and is capable of taking them in, and a vast majority that finds them painful, and is thus arrayed against them, and against all who have traffic with them. The intellectual heritage of the race belongs to the minority, and to the minority only. The majority has no more to do with it than it has to do with ecclesiastic politics on Mars. In so far as that heritage is apprehended, it is viewed with enmity.

From Homo Neanderthalensis, H. L. Mencken, The Baltimore Sun, June 29,1925

I find your (Wade's) query a bit ironic. Count me as one that admires your persuasive skill-set.

The Goby fish on the big island of Hawaii will climb a 300 foot waterfall in pursuit of a peaceful and predator-free pool of water in order to mate. I think they average under 2 inches in length.

Those that make it are probably happy for having made the effort in a Goby kind of way, but most do not make it in the first place- some of those that didn't quite get there can always "fall back" on becoming Goby-curmudgeons, I reckon ...Just my totally goofy way of saying, "Good luck with that one." lol

The aspirational Goby:

[youtube]JAtsPjFoMho[/youtube]
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (8h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (12h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (15h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.