Rockmolder
13 years ago

Jones was thrown to 60 times last season. That averages out to less than 4 times per game. NFL.com play-by-play lists exact times of each play, so it should be a rather trivial issue of fast-forwarding to each play and watching them.

I'm downloading the first game now and I'll report back on what I see. I'd like to make a montage of all the balls thrown to him. Anyone have recommendations for easy-to-use, free video editing software?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I'd go with Windows Movie Maker, if you use Windows.
BDota
13 years ago
I could be wrong, but I remember more of the drops coming in the first half of the season. Then again, maybe it was easier to forget the drops when they were winning.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
BDota, behind my post was the thought that as the offensive line is shored up, the number of drops will decline. I should have made that more explicit.

However, I can't seem to open the file.

Cannot open the file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.

If you downloaded the file, try downloading it again.

Kevin?
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
The Bengals game works, but apparently these files are just highlights, so that isn't too helpful for this purpose.

James Jones does make a couple of nice catches in the Bengals game, though. 😉
UserPostedImage
dhazer
13 years ago
I thought Jones dropped alot of balls, but people told me it wasn't true and he had great hands. I remember watching against the Bears with Brett at qb and Jones dropping like 3 balls that game and fumbling 2 more. But like I said people swore on here he had great hands.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
bigfog
13 years ago

This team has always been undisciplined under McCarthy. I would expect the drops/penalties to continue as long as he is the coach.

"IronMan" wrote:

Which is just maddening. I understand that some penalties will flow just from the rough and tough approach that McCarthy takes, but it's damn aggravating.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Ouch. And here I was adamantly defending Jones earlier as our #3 WR.

Half a year more of the dropsies and he'll drop to #4.

The other thing is I remember Driver dropping a lot of catchable balls. He's usually very sure handed, but I think he was often focused on running after the catch too much in '09.

Hope this issue gets resolved in '10. Dropping 46 balls is unacceptable, as are our penalties, as is not going for the throat when our opponent is near death. Things to improve, MM.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
nerdmann
13 years ago
It was a fluke year. These were all easy catches, but everybody was dropping them.
They used to say it took a year for new WRs to get used to catching the ball from our old QB, just because of the way he threw, which was very hard. There could be an adjustment period because of that, but damn. This is AR12's second year. They've had plenty of time to get kopacetic.
I just put it down to flukeyness. Our WRs are too good to continue dropping that many.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
alaskaN8
13 years ago
well said nerdmann, there were more than a handful of catches that seemed easy for their intended receivers.. I'm just hoping they focus a little more on this stuff in training as I believe the Pack is built on the foundations of our passing game. They have been running the ball way too much in my opinion. And the penalties! what is up with that?!

Several weeks ago I walked into the Fairbanks FedEX receiving center by the airport to pick up a package, it just so happened that all the delivery drivers were getting back at that same time. Turns out that one of the gals was from Kewaunee, or somewhere near there.. I asked her what she thought about Rodgers and she said she didn't, she said that she moved on to the vikes with Favre... needless to say, it was the most irritating conversation I have experienced so far this year. I don't understand how you can be a fair weather fan to your own kin!
blank
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (1m) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (18h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (22h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.