zombieslayer
13 years ago

Eloquently put, except this country is not a democracy and never was intended to be one.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

"Article 4, Section 4, Clause 1 of the Constitution of the United States" wrote:

True dat.

I'm a very much against a democracy. One of the most evil forms of government there is.

God save us from the dictatorship of the majority, as the majority are more often than not complete idiots.

That said, I knew what Mass meant, and thus the +1. I fear a government that stifles criticism.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
13 years ago

Eloquently put, except this country is not a democracy and never was intended to be one.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

"Article 4, Section 4, Clause 1 of the Constitution of the United States" wrote:

I feel like I would have lost people if I used the word Republic. I think the premise still holds true... not that I've thought it all the way through.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

I feel like I would have lost people if I used the word Republic.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I'm sincerely curious what you mean by this.

By the way, burning unpopular leaders in effigy is a time-honored American tradition. Anyone who takes offense to it clearly doesn't know much about the Sons of Liberty.

Of course, were the Sons of Liberty alive today, they'd probably have been detained indefinitely as terrorism suspects without recourse to legal representation by the Bush Administration.
UserPostedImage
digsthepack
13 years ago
Hell....Time or Newsweek had a cover with Bush as Hitler. Nothing is sacred any more. Good for goose, good for gander.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Pack93z
13 years ago
I didn't agree with the majority of decisions GWB made.. and I happen to think a great deal of today's economic crunch had a helping hand from his administration, but his administration wasn't solely to blame either.

And I have no issue with saying that freely... and I was happy to see the Dems take a crack. Change.

Well, so far into his term Obama's direction doesn't hold all the answers and IMO he has made a good number of missteps that I don't agree with.. and I hold his administration responsible for theirs. IMO, lack of effective change.

While I might not agree with the method of his displeasure.. I hardly hold any ill will towards anyone for making their "stand" and voicing their opinion.

To label them racist or anything else without digging for their intent is irresponsible at the very least.

My fear is the gap and pressure in this country is mounting.. and sooner or later their will become a political division of unheard of proportions that will tear at this union.. emotions become heated and physical action will follow.. with every rise their is a equal or greater fall according to "science".. will this country withstand a mighty fall?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
13 years ago

I feel like I would have lost people if I used the word Republic.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I'm sincerely curious what you mean by this.

By the way, burning unpopular leaders in effigy is a time-honored American tradition. Anyone who takes offense to it clearly doesn't know much about the Sons of Liberty.

Of course, were the Sons of Liberty alive today, they'd probably have been detained indefinitely as terrorism suspects without recourse to legal representation by the Bush Administration.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I mean it was me bowing to the oft-used but inaccurate cliche.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Nonstop - Mass is right. The vast majority of Americans have no idea we're a Republic, and have no idea what a Republic is. I've corrected many people before who said we're a Democracy and they gave me Dan Quayle Deer in the Headlights looks.

Thus it reinforces my belief that I'm thankful we're a Republic and not a Democracy because the vast majority of people are idiots and cowards who would have no problems taking away my Rights because Freedom scares them.

Now if the Supreme Court would do its job and throw out half the laws on the books as Unconstitutional, but that's another topic.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
digsthepack
13 years ago
Pack93z....you are correct. On a world and national scale, there is a conflict arising. And it falls along the lines of those who take, and those who produce and pay for it all.

On one hand, we have our self-interested politicials catering to every whim, real or percieved, of their flock of children the voters. It is almost the equivalent of the 2 year old dropping to the floor of the checkout aisle and pitching a fit because the little darling wants candy. Well, candy costs money, and sometimes Mommy spends it even though she knows better and sometimes cannot afford it, just to shut the brat up. That is the attitude that got us in this mess.....

On the other hand, you have the adults who work hard and are fleeced for doing so to support the EVER GROWING parasitic element of society. Now, mind you, any reasonable person agrees that taxes must be paid, and a basic safety net must be in place for society's most vulnerable, but we have gone far beyond that.

Case in point, my former Section 8 neighbors:

Every kid in the house (4) had sweet gear and shoes at no small expense; the matriarch of the brood bragged to me that she only paid $65 dollars a month for a home that would otherwise rent for about $1100; a meat truck from the local butcher shop stopped by every two weeks to drop off a big ass box of T-bones (I know because they threw the bones over the fence for my dogs to fuck up their digestive systems on); sattelite TV and internet in the home; state medical insurance with little to no user contribution...the works. Not one of her 3 baby daddys contributed one cent to her and their offsrping's life....that would be left to you and me to pay for. Oh, yeah...to compound matters, every bit of ghetto behavior was now 8 feet away from me...and I got to pay for my own misery.

Now...do not evenn get me started on the govt. workers the the wage/benefits package that significantly outpaces the private sector workers whose wallets they vote into every election season to support their largess. (Greece, anyone?)

Bottom line...we need adults to make some long overdue hard decisions. We do not get out of this mess without some pain...and it should not be borne entirely by the working, productive class.

Now....that being said, while burning in effigy is not my style, every citizen is free to make their points politically. That works for politicians and voters on both sides of the aisle.
Cheesey
13 years ago
I KNEW we were a "republic".
After all, it's in the "Pledge of Allgience".
"And too the REPUBLIC, for witches stand!"

(LOLOL!!!)
UserPostedImage
digsthepack
13 years ago
So says cheesey as he cooks up a cauldron of eye of newt soup!! LOL