nerdmann
13 years ago

Never having been involved in a threesome, I have a hard time imagining how (absent a gun or some such) it could be non-consensual for two of the three.

Please, more experienced sorts, explain this to me. I'm feeling especially dimwitted this morning.

"Wade" wrote:

Maybe he tied them up. And gagged them. Maybe he slipped them a roofie. Or maybe the whole thing is bullshit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
13 years ago

Brandon's wife, Brandie gave birth to a third child just recently.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Maybe he wanted to celebrate.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
68md
13 years ago

Very disappointing to hear of this about a guy who is married and two kids. Mr. Underwood you sir need to evaluate your priorities in life and grow up a bit.

I do hope he can reconcile things with his wife, get help, continue taking strides in his game on the field and mature A LOT.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

It's still unknown what actually happened. Kind of early to start with the lectures, dont you think?

"68md" wrote:

Not at all! He has a past history of Bad Judgments from Ohio State.

His Team Mates said this:"Several players who wished to remain anonymous said [Underwood] had been a problem since he was drafted in the sixth round in 2009 out of Cincinnati," the article states. Which is all over the net and then there is this : Early in Underwood's rookie season, cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt said Underwood was immature.

Let's see past history, team mates and position coach ?
Do we need a smoking gun and a body to convince folks there is an issue ? :face1:
buckeyepackfan
13 years ago
STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID

:cussing:

Just laughable
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Porforis
13 years ago

:cussing:

Just laughable

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Nice summary, nice avatar.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Matthews: Unfortunate allegations but team is "trying to move forward" 
By Lori Nickel of the Journal Sentinel

June 6, 2010 3:53 p.m. |(0) Comments

Linebacker Clay Matthews was clearly disappointed, but he would not be dissuaded from holding or participating in another charity event even after an incident last night tainted the weekend.

Merely hours after Matthews and five Green Bay Packers teammates were questioned by police about an sexual assault allegation in the Wisconsin Dells involving two women and Packers defensive back Brandon Underwood, Matthews and several other teammates addressed the situation after the Donald Driver charity softball game in Grand Chute.

This weekend was a fantastic weekend overall for charitable events, not only mine but Drivers game today, said Matthews. We had a great turnout not only for my tournament but today. It is only right for us to give back, given the position we are in.

Unfortunately one person kind of put himself in a situation that kind of dampened this weekend a little bit. It is unfortunate, theres no doubt about it. But everybody showed up today, trying to move forward, trying to put that behind us and wipe our hands clean.

The assault allegedly took place after a charity golf event by Matthews on Saturday. Though they were cleared by the police of wrongdoing, players Matthews, Josh Sitton, Brad Jones and Matt Flynn were among those questioned in the investigation. They all honored their engagement with Driver's event despite the publicity. The link to it bothered them a bit and no one was crazy talking about it in an event that should have been all about Drivers day.

But it had no affect on the more than 7,100 fans showed up to Fox Cities Stadium for the event that benefits Drivers Foundation.

Its unfortunate that youre portrayed in a negative way. Its unfortunate, a little aggravating. But we need to move forward and thats what we did today.

UserPostedImage
TengoJuego
13 years ago

Very disappointing to hear of this about a guy who is married and two kids. Mr. Underwood you sir need to evaluate your priorities in life and grow up a bit.

I do hope he can reconcile things with his wife, get help, continue taking strides in his game on the field and mature A LOT.

"68md" wrote:

It's still unknown what actually happened. Kind of early to start with the lectures, dont you think?

"TengoJuego" wrote:

Not at all! He has a past history of Bad Judgments from Ohio State.

His Team Mates said this:"Several players who wished to remain anonymous said [Underwood] had been a problem since he was drafted in the sixth round in 2009 out of Cincinnati," the article states. Which is all over the net and then there is this : Early in Underwood's rookie season, cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt said Underwood was immature.

Let's see past history, team mates and position coach ?
Do we need a smoking gun and a body to convince folks there is an issue ? :face1:

"68md" wrote:

Someone bad mouthing another player, and then cowardly wishing to remain anonymous...I'd rather not base my judgment on another person's negative judgment.

Joe Whitt's comments were reflective of him as a football player, or as a person? It's a rather vague comment in a brief article essentially talking down Underwood.

And lastly, smoking gun and body? C'mon. The guy goes to parties. He's 23 years old. And I've not done any research, but I think this is the first time the guy has been in any "criminal" trouble. And he's already earned a label?

It's a rash opinion to have on nothing.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Brandon, from what it looks like transferred because of bad grades?

This week hasn't been nice to Brandon. He got nailed for speeding in 55 MPH Zone (16-19 MPH) within a week ago.

And he's coming up on a birthday in just a couple weeks.

Something some may find interesting, Brandon's Academic Major? Criminal Justice.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

Joe Whitt's comments were reflective of him as a football player, or as a person? It's a rather vague comment in a brief article essentially talking down Underwood.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

I think it's hard to say they weren't about off-field issues - that is to say Whitt's comments were somewhat intended at Underwood as a person.

This incident, although unfortunate, should not be a major surprise. Coming out in the draft, in the draft rankings compiled by McGinn based on talking to many scouts, he (McGinn) had Underwood as a top-100 prospect. Remember: we got Underwood in the 6th round; there is a disparity between where Underwood's talent should have gotten him drafted and where he fell to us at.

What became evident was that many scouts questioned Underwood as a person, not his football talent; his behaviour and conduct off the field.

Frankly, unless Underwood shows he is leaps and bounds above Bush / Bell, I'd say cut ties with him. This type of behaviour may very well keep teams away from him, and if the team likes Underwood's potential then they may have a chance to resign him to the PS and give him another year to mature.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
djcubez
13 years ago

Never having been involved in a threesome, I have a hard time imagining how (absent a gun or some such) it could be non-consensual for two of the three.

Please, more experienced sorts, explain this to me. I'm feeling especially dimwitted this morning.

"Wade" wrote:

This. What's also funny is the women were ages 31 and 33 while Underwood is only 23. What? How can a 23 year old commit sexual assault against two women who are both older than him, at the same time?

Can a rich man ever feel safe having consensual sex with an unknown woman again? heheh.