earthquake
13 years ago

In any case, if Underwood has the physical talent to rape two women at once, I want him on my team.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

LOL, man that is a fantastic quote. Funniest thing i've read on here in a while. +1
blank
Porforis
13 years ago

In any case, if Underwood has the physical talent to rape two women at once, I want him on my team.

"earthquake" wrote:

LOL, man that is a fantastic quote. Funniest thing i've read on here in a while. +1

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

My dark humor coming across here, apologies if I offend anyone, not my intent.

If he can rape two women, maybe he can actually cover one man. Hopefully.
13 years ago

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The two women who accused a Green Bay Packers player of sexually assaulting them at a Wisconsin resort changed their statements during the investigation, the police chief said Monday.

Officers were called early Saturday to a condo in Lake Delton where seven Packers players were staying during a charity golf event. The women initially told investigators they were sexually assaulted by more than one Packer while other players held them down.

After the players were questioned, the women changed their statements to say only one person assaulted them, Lake Delton Police Chief Tom Dorner said.

Police cleared six of the seven players of wrongdoing. A seventh player whom police declined to identify and who has not been arrested remains under investigation.

"It's obviously troubling they would make that statement originally and shortly into the investigation change it, a pretty important piece of information ... it is weird," Dorner said of the accusers.

Police declined to identify the women, saying only both are from Milwaukee. One is 31 years old, the other 33.

Dorner said he did not know if either had an attorney.

The six players who were cleared were quarterback Matt Flynn, linebackers Clay Matthews and Brad Jones, fullback Korey Hall, guard Josh Sitton and safety Khalil Jones.

The women were examined at different hospitals by nurses trained in gathering sexual assault evidence, Dorner said. He said he did not know the results.

Dorner said he expects to forward the investigation's findings to prosecutors by Tuesday, but he did not plan to recommend they press charges, as police often do. He said he thinks prosecutors would have a hard time proving a case.

"I think it's going to be a problem because there's too much information that contradicts between the alleged victims and the alleged suspect," Dorner said.

No weapons or restraints were used in the alleged assault, and investigators found no evidence of any drugs, including date rape drugs.

Police said all the Packers were drinking alcohol, but it was not clear if the women had been drinking. Dorner said they probably were.

"I suspect most everybody was probably consuming alcohol to some degree. To what degree, I don't think there was anyone who was passed out or totally inebriated," he said.

Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett did not immediately respond to a phone message Monday seeking comment.

The women met several players at a Wisconsin Dells strip club, Dorner said. He said the women were patrons, not club employees.

They drove back to the players' condo while at least some of the players took a shuttle bus from the club to the resort.

The women left the condo after the alleged assaults and contacted police from a nearby residence, Dorner said.

The NFL and the Packers are closely watching the case, which follows an offseason sexual assault investigation involving one of the league's stars, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Prosecutors did not charge Roethlisberger in that case, but the league suspended him for six games on April 21 for violating its personal conduct policy.

Matthews, who participated in a charity softball game on Sunday along with several other players, expressed frustration about being linked to the investigation.

"All we were doing is being asked to talk about a specific incident and that's what we did," Matthews said. "It's unfortunate and it aggravated us a bit, but you just have to put it behind you and move forward."

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/06/07/packers.ap/index.html#ixzz0qDSJHYdC 
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
13 years ago
Maybe I should have phrased my original comments better. I don't care if he's innocent or guilty, honestly. That's a criminal matter to be resolved. I just don't want anyone on this team even being accused, period. It's bad publicity.
blank
13 years ago
all this talk about 3 ways is making me horny...

I think Mr. Underwood's name will be cleared shortly. Sounds to me like he banged a couple scandalous broads.

His home life is seriously fucked though, unless he goes with the time-tested, fool-proof "Baby, I tripped and fell in the pussy" defense.
macbob
13 years ago

Maybe I should have phrased my original comments better. I don't care if he's innocent or guilty, honestly. That's a criminal matter to be resolved. I just don't want anyone on this team even being accused, period. It's bad publicity.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

I'm sure you can't mean what you say about not caring if he's innocent or guilty. He might have done nothing at all and the women could just have decided to shake him down. An accusation itself can't be enough to can a guy for.

That said, I know that BU says there was consensual activity, so even by his admission something did happen (and he being married, his wife just having given birth, etc).
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago

"earthquake" wrote:

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Unless he slipped them a roofie.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
13 years ago

"nerdmann" wrote:

"earthquake" wrote:

Unless he slipped them a roofie.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

No weapons or restraints were used in the alleged assault, and investigators found no evidence of any drugs, including date rape drugs.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

TheEngineer
13 years ago

"macbob" wrote:

I'm sure you can't mean what you say about not caring if he's innocent or guilty. He might have done nothing at all and the women could just have decided to shake him down. An accusation itself can't be enough to can a guy for.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

What I mean is, his personal business is his own. If he's a rapist, lock him up. If he's acquitted, then he should sue them for damages. Whatever. All I really worry about is the effect on the Packers. Most people believe that it only negatively affects the Packers if he's found guilty. That's a fair enough opinion. My stance is that it's ALREADY negatively affected the Packers purely from association. This is why I'd have no issues cutting him.

Additionally, it stems from my viewpoint that Underwood is more expendable than someone like Jolly, which is why (hypocritically, I suppose) I'm more lenient towards Jolly and his drug charges where I take the usual stance of innocent until guilty. Perhaps it's a case of making a point/example to the other players on the team. From the short amount that I've read, Underwood is not particularly well regarded in the locker room and has small issues in the past. It's not like he's an accused rapist in the past and now reformed and only has issues like being late to team meetings. This guy is heading the WRONG way over time with these accusations.
blank
Rockmolder
13 years ago
Initial claim from women in Underwood case was a shocker 

By Mike Florio

In the end, Packers cornerback Brandon Underwood likely will avoid charges for sexual assault because of the strong allegations that the two alleged victims initially made -- and then changed.

According to the Associated Press, the women claimed that more than one Packers player assaulted them -- while other players held them down.

Then, somehow, the claims morphed into an allegation that one player, Underwood, assaulted both of them.

Under those circumstances, it would be virtually impossible for any jury to find proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Still, the fact that the allegations were even made raise questions as to whether Underwood, who admits to consensual sexual contact with the women, will draw scrutiny from the league. Though it's unlikely that he'd be disciplined under the Personal Conduct Policy for one incident that didn't result in the filing of charges, Underwood will likely be on deck for a preemptive suspension if he puts himself in position to face similar allegations in the future.

Changing your story halfway through an investigation always makes the believability go up.