Zero2Cool
13 years ago
:FACEPALM:
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
13 years ago

:FACEPALM:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You can facepalm all you want, but this thing had a pretty decent chance of turning into a good discussion about Jarrett Bush. This is a cut-off from the O-line thread, where we couldn't talk about Bush, either. Or did you want me to make a totally new thread without any cause that says "Jarrett Bush, Discuss"?
TwinkieGorilla
13 years ago

Or did you want me to make a totally new thread without any cause that says "Jarrett Bush, Discuss"?

"Rockmolder" wrote:

lawlz!

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Zero2Cool
13 years ago
lol I split the posts because Bush has nothing to do with the OL... I figured you all could talk Bush or avatar here ...
UserPostedImage
TwinkieGorilla
13 years ago

I figured you all could talk Bush or...

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

šŸ¤

i ain't goin' downtown unless she shaves.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Zero2Cool
13 years ago
haha
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago

Is it wrong if I still think Jarret Bush can be a serviceable CB for the Packers?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

He's still way better than A*m*n C*rr***.

Will he eventually be a serviceable CB for us? I actually hope so. We could use CB depth considering there's more than one good team in the NFC that have 3 solid WRs.

I personally think it's in our best interest to upgrade our pass rush. That may be the best way to upgrade our D (to mask problems with our pass coverage).

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

ARGHHH!!!
You said "A*m*n C*rr***"!!!!
LOL!
UserPostedImage
13 years ago

Is it wrong if I still think Jarret Bush can be a serviceable CB for the Packers?

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

It's not stylish, that's for sure. If you want to fit in the clique, you should really make some comment about how he must have naked pictures of Ted Thompson (that one never gets old) or at the very least say he won't make the roster this year.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

Will he eventually be a serviceable CB for us? I actually hope so. We could use CB depth considering there's more than one good team in the NFC that have 3 solid WRs.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

You know, people find it odd that we didn't address the CB position in the draft. I wonder whether adding Morgan Burnett was a way of addressing the CB position.

Nick Collins, IMO, has the ability to play nickel / dime CB for us. Granted, he is of great value at Safety, but perhaps if Morgan continues to impress with his play into the season and we get Bigby back and healthy, then maybe if we are devastated with injuries at CB again Capers starts using packages which allow Collins to get some reps as a CB.

Either way, personally speaking outside of maybe the Jets (and that is only because of Revis' age) I wouldn't take a single teams depth chart at CB over our team.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

It's not stylish, that's for sure. If you want to fit in the clique, you should really make some comment about how he must have naked pictures of Ted Thompson (that one never gets old) or at the very least say he won't make the roster this year.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

It's funny that so many people detest Jarret Bush so much. I remember a comment from last year where Bush had a decent game at CB, but people were still refusing to give him credit because he "gave up a touchdown" in the game. The funny thing is that Bush was switched to Safety (where he hadn't gotten any practice reps in weeks) at the end of the game because of it being a blowout, and that is where he gave up a touchdown.

If your Nickel CB is Jarret Bush, then yes you are in trouble. But that is different from Bush being pressed to be your nickel CB because the 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart got put on IR.

Bush is never going to be a top-10 player on your roster. For his place on the roster (somewhere in the mid-40s out of 53) a man with his speed, quickness, and athletic ability is by no means a negative. You could do a lot, lot worse (i.e. having Ahmad Carrol occupy that roster space on your roster as he did with the Jets).
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (2h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (18h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (18h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (22h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: ā€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.ā€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.