Rockmolder
13 years ago
---
Formo
13 years ago
Hmm.. I want to say I started an 11 version of this thread.. but that's probably either NCAA Football 11 or did it on another site.

Honestly I'm looking forward more so to NCAA 11 than Madden. I bought Madden 10 and only played like 3 games total.. lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
13 years ago
EDIT: You forgot:
Chad Greenway at #9 OLB
Jared Allen at #1 DE
Kevin Williams at #1 DT
Pat Williams at #10 DT
UserPostedImage
Yerko
13 years ago
Drew Brees (NO) 99
Peyton Manning (IND) 99
Tom Brady (NE) 95 <---THIS IS PURE TRASH
Aaron Rodgers (GB) 94
Philip Rivers (SD) 94
UserPostedImage
nathaniel
13 years ago

Drew Brees (NO) 99
Peyton Manning (IND) 99
Tom Brady (NE) 95 <---THIS IS PURE TRASH
Aaron Rodgers (GB) 94
Philip Rivers (SD) 94

"G-Force" wrote:

Trash that it's too high or too low?

Rodgers is right were he should be. He has room to improve, and that is frickin' scary (well, at least for non-Packer fans) considering how good he already is.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
I'm probably the only male on this board, if not the country, who has never played Madden....in any of its versions.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
nathaniel
13 years ago

I'm probably the only male on this board, if not the country, who has never played Madden....in any of its versions.

"Wade" wrote:

I know a lot of guys who are sports nuts but don't play Madden. They've seen how obsessed people can get with it so they stay away. I'm always a year or two behind with Madden, cause I hate dropping $60 for a videogame. I did it once (Madden 10 for Wii. Gross. Didn't have a PS3 at the time.) and I'll never do it again. Madden '94 and '02 are probably my favorites out of all of them. '02 mainly for sentimental reasons. I lived in Phoenix and I was super homesick for about a week, so I went out and bought Madden 02 to keep me busy and the default city for making your own team was Iowa City. Made my day.
blank
doddpower
13 years ago
Dude, I'm a Madden head for sure. I play in a really serious and well ran online franchise which is incredible. It's really all I do anymore. Ranked games are lame as people generally play incredibly fake and cheesy, and people will just quit in unranked games. It's a SIM league so each team is expected to play just like an actual NFL team would.

If anyone is interested in joining (Xbox 360), let me know and I can get you on the waiting list. Teams open up fairly quickly.

As for the actual game, I have no clue what to expect. I know they took away the "turbo," or speed, button this year. Supposedly more emphasis will be put on the joystick for maneuvers and speed won't be as important. Also, receivers are actually going to have better awareness this year, meaning that they will run past the 1st down marker on a curl route before cutting and won't run a flat route straight out of bonds when they are wide open. Those of you that play a lot know that this is highly annoying. One HUGE disappointment for me is they failed to make any significant upgrades to the online franchise system, such as salary cap, better management controls, etc. etc. =(

Either way, I'll be playing it!
Formo
13 years ago
I like Madden.. but when compared to NCAA Football, I dislike it. If that makes any sense.

Although I do like some of the gameplay issues they are fixing (like what doddpower said about WRs running OB).. But what I miss is the offseason training they had on the previous generation consoles. I played maybe 5 games of Madden 10.. The games themselves are fun, but only for so long. The franchise mode is rediculous stupid as far as finances go. Even after I trade/release all my big money makers, I still can't sign 60-70 rated rookies for the minimum to fill the holes. It's pointless for me to draft, sign free agents, or extend my players. I simmed through 2 seasons to try to get through that crap and still had issues. Haven't played since.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
13 years ago

I like Madden.. but when compared to NCAA Football, I dislike it. If that makes any sense.

Although I do like some of the gameplay issues they are fixing (like what doddpower said about WRs running OB).. But what I miss is the offseason training they had on the previous generation consoles. I played maybe 5 games of Madden 10.. The games themselves are fun, but only for so long. The franchise mode is rediculous stupid as far as finances go. Even after I trade/release all my big money makers, I still can't sign 60-70 rated rookies for the minimum to fill the holes. It's pointless for me to draft, sign free agents, or extend my players. I simmed through 2 seasons to try to get through that crap and still had issues. Haven't played since.

"Formo" wrote:

As I said, in my opinion, Madden's value is the online franchises. You wouldn't have to worry about any salary cap issues (although we are thinking about initiating a simple point system administered by the league itself, not Madden). If one finds a good one, they are playing with 32 other active teams and can build their franchise however they like. The rules prevent lame play and each game is highly competitive.

As I said, I rarely play online or ranked games anymore and playing the computer is about as boring as it gets.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (54m) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (57m) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (58m) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (1h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (1h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (12h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (14h) : damn those vikings
beast (14h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (14h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (14h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (14h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (14h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (21h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (22h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.