Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
I read that he is 25 million in debt with 5 million in assets.
It still amazes me how a person can make the kind of money he has, and have to file.
I mean, if you JUST put the money in the bank and don't spend it, you would be set for LIFE.
But it sounds like bad investments did him in

Let's see.......i make MILLIONS each year.....that's not enough! I'll INVEST!!!
Just boggles my mind.
I could live the rest of my life off what he made in ONE season.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
Hate hearing this. Ive always been a fan of his
UserPostedImage
djcubez
13 years ago
Wait, isn't he still on a roster?

I honestly don't know if I should feel bad for people like this. On one hand, many pro athletes don't receive any financial counseling or advice leaving them prone to lots of high-spending. Also, when you have a lot of money it becomes a lot easier to spend and can disappear a lot faster through taxes, insurance, etc.,

But I really don't see what's so hard about having a savings account and not spending/investing any more money than you have. I myself have a savings account, two checking accounts and a wad of cash I hide my room in case the credit system collapses 😃
Formo
13 years ago

I honestly don't know if I should feel bad for people like this. On one hand, many pro athletes don't receive any financial counseling or advice leaving them prone to lots of high-spending. Also, when you have a lot of money it becomes a lot easier to spend and can disappear a lot faster through taxes, insurance, etc.,

But I really don't see what's so hard about having a savings account and not spending/investing any more money than you have. I myself have a savings account, two checking accounts and a wad of cash I hide my room in case the credit system collapses :D

"djcubez" wrote:

So.. where do you live djcubez? lol

Yeah, this is hard to imagine.. You're right though.. It's easier to lose that much money because of poor spending habits and lack of financial counseling. And sometimes what's even worse is how some players think they have a person hired to help them with their money.. they get taken for a ride and lose money. Or when they invest into something for their retirement and it goes south.

Each athlete's case is different, though.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
djcubez
13 years ago

But I really don't see what's so hard about having a savings account and not spending/investing any more money than you have. I myself have a savings account, two checking accounts and a wad of cash I hide my room in case the credit system collapses :D

"Formo" wrote:

So.. where do you live djcubez? lol

Yeah, this is hard to imagine.. You're right though.. It's easier to lose that much money because of poor spending habits and lack of financial counseling. And sometimes what's even worse is how some players think they have a person hired to help them with their money.. they get taken for a ride and lose money. Or when they invest into something for their retirement and it goes south.

Each athlete's case is different, though.

"djcubez" wrote:

Yea, add that to the fact that when you have money, people will stop being genuine to you in the hopes that they can get some. Plus, how many players do you see buy homes for their parents, cars for their women, and sport an expensive entourage?
nathaniel
13 years ago
I've never understood the "money manager" thing. It seems to me that most of the celebrities/athletes that get into some kind of money trouble end up blaming and suing their money managers. I'm very good at looking after my own money, thank you very much. I know exactly how much money is in my account at all times, no matter how many (or how few) zeros are at the end of the number.
blank
IronMan
13 years ago
What a dumbass.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I've never received financial counseling. Never made a million in a year and I'm not filing for bankruptcy. I'm willing to bet there's millions of people just like me that didn't make a few dozen million dollars in a decade or two and are doing just fine as well.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Just an illustration of the greed in this country.. here is a guy that made enough money to be set for life and then some.. but wanted more.

So he invested the money, unwisely apparently, in order to do just that.

When you have made the bankroll in which you are set for life, why gamble it on higher risk investments in order to make more?

Never ceases to amaze me how greed can cloud a persons judgment.. or maybe I am wired differently and never had to have the toys/riches to stack up against another.

Life is to short to gamble it away.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
TheEngineer
13 years ago
Too bad, so sad.

That's why investments are not riskless. Lesson learned.
blank
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.