sorrule
13 years ago
One of the games I'm most excited for is the game against the Jets. There's been a lot of talk about Woodson vs Revis but they're really not going head to head. I want to see how you guys think our boy Greg will do against the guy who has shut down the "elite" recievers?

I put "elite" in quotes because most people don't consider Greg as an "elite" reciever. Those tards.
blank
bozz_2006
13 years ago
Call me realistic but if Revis and Jennings both perform at last year's level, Revis wins that battle handily.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
Who do they put on Finley? That's my question. I would love to see a Revis/Finley match-up on some plays.

Rodgers has so many weapons, Revis shouldn't be a factor if Rodgers plays smart football.
UserPostedImage
BjRaji=DEFMVP
13 years ago
Dude i think it will be a great matchup! Idc how good revis is it looks to be great matchup
blank
Bigbyfan
13 years ago
The more important match up is gonna be Driver vs. Cromartie. Revis is the best cover corner in the league, shutting down receivers way better than Jennings (Andre Johnson). Cromartie has a load of talent, but I'm not sold on him as a pure cover corner.
blank
TheEngineer
13 years ago
Mass is right. Who's going to cover Finley? I doubt they'd use a linebacker, maybe the nickel CB, but then Finley would probably easily match up against him. You could put Cromartie when Finley's on the field but then who's covering Driver?

The point is that we have great WR depth. They may take our first 2, heck maybe our first 3 options, but still we have Jones and Nelson behind them who are excellent backups and could possibly start on other teams.
blank
earthquake
13 years ago
Nobody can cover finley. You cant put a Safety or a LB on him they're too slow and he has superior technique, you can't put a CB on him because they're too small and he'll simply outjump them. The only person suitable to cover Finley is Charles Woodson, the best all-around DB in the league.
blank
sorrule
13 years ago
They could put revis on Finely as they have lined him out wide before. I think Finely would have a good chance at winning that battle. Should be a great overall battle, as some has said before we have great depth and they can't shut everyone down. Plus ARod is great at decision making.
blank
Rockmolder
13 years ago
Jennings might make one catch. Maybe two. I don't see him getting more than easy catches on routes like slants, though.

As good as Revis is, Greg might be able to beat him with his smoothness at the line a time or two. If you get the ball off fast enough at that point, you could complete an easy slant. And both Cromartie and Revis aren't that fond of tackling, so that might get you some yards.

But like said before, we have quite a few people on this offense who can make something happen.

Now the Jets have one of the more impressive CB groups, with Revis, Wilson (who looks like he can stick to people like glue, as well), Cromartie and Lowery.

Driver should be able to handle Cromartie. Antonio just isn't that good of a cover corner. If we can get that match-up one on one, I'd take it every time.

I don't know about Wilson just yet, but he looks like he could handle our nr. 3 or Finley in 2 WR packages. Then you have Lowery, who could be the nr. 2 CB on a decent amount of teams. Nickle for most.

On paper, you just have to take some risk against this defense, because they're so deep at every position. Just move around a little and try to create mismatches with Finley and the LBs. We should be able to do that against an ultra aggressive Rex Ryan defense.

But, erm, I don't think that Greg Jennings will get more than 2 catches or 35 yards against Revis.
porky88
13 years ago
Way to early to tell, but if I were Rex Ryan, I'd line Darrelle Revis up on Jermichael Finley every time he lined up as a receiver, which I assume is going to be quite a bit this season. I say this only because I believe Finley is the biggest playmaker on the Packer offense.

You may not get the matchup of Revis vs. Greg Jennings.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

12h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

12h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

13h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

18h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.