go.pack.go.
13 years ago
I know it's not over yet, but I'm so pumped up after watching that John Kuhn TD run. Man, is he a beast. Just for that, I think he should make the roster.

Post your thoughts in this thread as the game gos on, and even when it's done, post your after-thoughts.

Ryan Grant fumbled early, and then came back out and got injured. I think it was a concussion. I don't think it's too serious because he didn't go to the locker room.

BTW, this is the best link I could find to watch it on, it has great quality in both picture AND sound. During commercials, it goes to NFLN and shows the scores of other games, but it will put it back.

http://www.justin.tv/sportscasthq61#/w/317244368 
UserPostedImage
Packerchick
13 years ago
Where Im getting the game on TV, the reception and the feed are lousy.
I am a woman and I love football.
go.pack.go.
13 years ago
I will edit this post with updates.

I just saw Harrell make a stop in the backfield.

Sam Shields made a bad mistake and tried to catch the ball in traffic on a punt, and fumbled it.

THAT VIDEO I POSTED CHANGED TO THE BEARS GAME. NOW I CAN'T FIND A STREAM. CAN SOMEONE POST ONE WHEN THEY FIND IT?
UserPostedImage
JGOTit18
13 years ago
1st Team Defense looked suspect. Hoepfully they'll be able to shore things up these next couple of preseason games.

Aaron Rodgers looked as sharp as ever. before that James Jones incompletion, the man was 10/10 146 yards. 1 TD.

Just beastly.

Already seeing the AR-Jermichael connection continuing to blossom.

And can enough be said about the ball Aaron throws? I know it's said over and over but man....beautiful.

Sam Shields needs to do a better job fielding the ball. He could have all the talent in the world, but if he doesn't work on his fundamentals, he'll be on his way out.
blank
GermanGilbert
13 years ago
our first defense can't stop even averell dalton. damn. rodgers looked awesome, though. he's the hero.
blank
Cheesey
13 years ago
Defense looked poor. Punting game was MUCH improved over last year.

Shields......should have had an INT that would have won the game for us. The kid is fast.....but can't field a ball.
That's no help if he can't catch a ball.
Porter had a few good runs. When he accelerates he look unstopable.
But he needs to know how to find the right hole.
Rodgers, Finley, GREAT.
Grant.......fumble fingers AGAIN.
UserPostedImage
beast
13 years ago
Capers said he was going to run a plain base 3-4 with little blitzing to see what everyone could do and it wasn't very exciting...

No one on the defense seemed to play amazingly but there were some nice plays.

Harrell may or may not be lazy in practice but the kid can play and shouldn't have a problem making this team as long as he keeps he's head and heart in the right places and stays healthy.

Zombo did a nice job of backing the back-up RT into QB McCoy's face (which was the reason for the bad throw on Martin's INT). I don't know if that RT is any good or not but if he keeps that up and he could win one of the last spots. (which I was thinking he was outside the bubble coming into this game)

I'm still worried about the 3rd CB and 3rd S... I'm not sure they're good enough to be a nickel yet.... they're close but not there. Then again Williams wasn't ready ether when he first got it and slowly stepped up year after year.

I liked what I saw from Hall and Kuhn but Johnson needs play better.

I think it's going to be hard to choose who to cut at TE. I say keep 4 and trade the other one. Or maybe tell teams we're keeping Finley and the rest are possible to get at the right price and take the highest thing you can get for one and keep the rest.

I'm still worried about the running game or lack there of... and lack of holes by the OL. But Porter did step up but I'm not sure he'll ever be a #1 but he could become a very good back-up, change of pace guy.

Rodgers = AMAZING

Packers may not have a top 5 WR but they easily have a top 5 WR group... probably top 3

Punting was very good until later in the game (which Mike McCarthy wasn't happen it dropped off).

Bush made some good ST plays. I'm thinking the Packers keep 6 CBs. And it might be a hard choice if/when Harris comes back... as I think Bush would help more for right now in this season, and Shields could potentially be a star ST and a very good back-up CB. In battles like this in the past the coaches have usually gone with who's better now, and try to get the potential player to the PS. But they did cut Tracy White for a potential LBer when the dolphins tried to grab him off the Packers PS. So maybe they would risk it with sheilds? Who knows...
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
13 years ago
It was down right fun watching ARod. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a stream after the one I was watching changed the channel. I'll have to wait until Monday to catch it on NFL Network.
UserPostedImage
Kingkoopa
13 years ago
1st/2nd team defense

ST's coverage units were AWFUL. So was blocking on returns.

Running game with the 1st team offense was laughable.

Fumbleitus by the entire backfield.

Graham Harrell looked pretty awful.

Starting passing offense looked unstoppable. I don't know how anyone is going to stop us.

2nd team O-line was fantastic

Defense in the second half was very good for the most part.

Kregg Lumpkin looked really good. Saw a lot of nice blocks from QJ as well.

Few penalties

No significant injuries
blank
tromadz
13 years ago
It's all about individual matchups in preseason.

Rodgers rules obviously.
Ryan Grant still sucks(still hoping he proves me wrong).
Lumpkin can be good when healthy.
Shields...I won't say he sucks but he sucked tonight.
Brandon Jackson is still a backup at best.
Finley is for real and is going to be scary.
We'll enter the season with a real punter.
Poppinga needs more playing time. He's good. Chillar too. More of them.
Quinn Johnson is not going to be cut. great #2 FB\short yardage block.
Flynn\Harrell\Whoever. Doesn't matter. If Arod goes down, its over.
Underwood looked pretty dang good for a 5th stringer or whatever.
Zombo needs to make the team after killing McCoy & being named Zombo