RaiderPride
13 years ago
I really do not think most football fans, analysts, scribes, and even General Managers realize what was born on draft day April 23RD 2005.

After the Raiders selected Fabian Washington with the 23RD Pick of the 70Th NFL Draft, A HALL Of FAME QB was born, and it may have been the birth of the best QB in NFL History. I am serious.

I find it ironic that at the same time Aaron was snapped up by the Packers ending his torturous tenure in the draft green room, Hollywood released the film "Batman Begins." Aaron was clearly Robin on draft day, Alex Smith was Batman. When Aaron arrived in Green Bay he was clearly Robin, and Brett was Batman.

Hollywood was right as rain... 2005 was truly they year that Batman Begins. The real Batman, the Batman that will define the term Batman, and make all Batman's before him unimportant is Aaron Rodgers from a NFL perspective.

I will put it on the line right now. This will be a fact. Aaron Rodgers will go down as one of the TOP THREE Quarterbacks in football history. The only argument against him will be that the game has changed, and one can not compare yesterday to today's game.

Brett will be an after thought in Green Bay when Aaron is finished. Mark it down.

By the end of this year, everyone will truly know how remarkable and special this birth was on April 23RD in the year of our Lord 2005

Arron Rodgers

3 Pre-Season Games Completed The Year Of Our Lord 2010

53 attempted passes.

41 Completions.

484 yards.

6 Touchdowns

ZERO INT'S

QB Rating- 142.33

Yah.. It Is The pre-Season? Some will cry.

Exactly! You are fricken right. That means he is working with pre-season skills on the O Line protecting him, pre-Season Receivers running pre-season routes, and pre season running backs and full backs picking up the blitz.

142.33 QB Rating.

Aaron is as cool as the other side of the pillow, and as sharp as a barbers straight razor shaving a former Batman three days before game day North West of Green Bay in Minneapolis.

Aaron Rodgers will end up, arguably, the greatest QB in NFL History.

And he will be a Packer.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago
I'll just say this: I would not be surprised if many heterosexual men think of Aaron Rodgers while making love to their partner(s).
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
nerdmann
13 years ago
MARK IT DOWN!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
13 years ago

I'll just say this: I would not be surprised if many heterosexual men think of Aaron Rodgers while making love to their partner(s).

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

I do.

Cool Chico never ceases to amaze me. I love listening to Aaron Rodgers talk, he is so smart and thorough with his answers.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
wamj2008
13 years ago
I would like him to win a ring first. Hopefully 2 or 3 in the next 5 or 6 years. It's certainly not out of the question.
blank
dfosterf
13 years ago
I agree with all of these sentiments, but I also want to point out that I said it two years ago, when "the fanbase" was immersed in BF crotch-sniffing.

I was told I was on crack.

Maybe some of those folks would now say I just took too many aspirin, lol
Rockmolder
13 years ago

I agree with all of these sentiments, but I also want to point out that I said it two years ago, when "the fanbase" was immersed in Brett Favre crotch-sniffing.

I was told I was on crack.

Maybe some of those folks would now say I just took too many aspirin, lol

"dfosterf" wrote:

I'm pretty sure that more people were confident, it was just the injury factor and having two rookies behind him that made most people a little jittery.

And I still think it was a horrible decision with someone like Mark Brunell out there.
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
Oh brother! Come on RP, you have to be kidding?

Your talking about a QB that has never won a playoff game and someone that arguably has never even had a defining win yet. And YES, he's had chances.

He looks great right now, don't get me wrong but even just TALK about him possibily being the greatest QB ever based on a 17-15 career record and no playoff wins is nuts!

Lets take off the Green and Gold glasses, right now in the NFL you have three elite QBs, Manning, Brady and Brees. Then you have young guys that put up good numbers like Rivers, Romo and Rodgers.

The preseason is a great sign but at the same time its pretty much useless. The other team doesn't sit there and scheme for the Packers, if pre-season is such a good sign, the fact that the other team's first offense has scored on our defense at will means we're f'd?
blank
dfosterf
13 years ago
RedSox, you 'ol BF-lover, you, lol
He put those numbers up with a complete shit-box line.

That aspect should amaze folk, instead, some seem to ignore it.

Our boy has developed a lightning fast release to go with the accuracy and strong arm. He is actually better than he was, and he was so damn good already.

Watch out, NFL.
musccy
13 years ago
Redsox makes some good points...I think we need to temper our A. R. love just a smidge. The packers looked like a million bucks last preseason too and we never foresaw the impending doom of our o-line in the 1st 8 games...so wait 'til the real bullets are flying.

With that said, he's still a beast. I forget if it was to Finley or Nelson last night where he thread the needle, dropping it over a lb's head, right in front of the saftey into JF/JN's hands...just shows the amazing touch he has.