Mortfini
13 years ago
today ive just bought the madden 11 on 360 and since American football is still growing in the u.k im proposing a Packershome.com madden 11 team play team

Requirements

1) Fair Play
i find my self disgusted when coming up against a person who lets say expands the rules of NFL to the very limit E.G going for it on 4th down when your in the 1st quarter or running the same long pass play or same defense blitz i like to make the game feel as realistic as possible so if you are 1 of these people don't apply

2) Connection
Ill be the 1st to admit my connection is not top spec but it does have the problem of not beaning able to connect to some people if you are 1 of these people its nothing person just my Very poor Internet

3) Time Zones
even thou i work a lot of hours in the week i find myself to be very flexible if we set times by which we would play by once a team as been created then we could discuss this further

in a ideal world i would love all team members to have a headset and be open to different positions till we found positions that give us a winning chance

if your interested Drop me a post or a message or add me on 360 gamertag- Mortfini

thanks for your time

Mortfini
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
What's wrong with going for it on 4th down in the first quarter?
UserPostedImage
Mortfini
13 years ago
It's unsportsmanship
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Is it now? Berkeley economist David Romer would beg to differ . 😉
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Sportsmanship? Bah.

That's one thing I liked about Belichick. So what if you're up 35-0? It's their fault they suck. Not yours.

Go for it on 4th down. Any time you're within their 40, go for it. I don't care if it's 4th and 20. Go. Go for anything close within their territory. Go for most 4th and 1s.

I fell asleep trying to read Dante, but if I remember it correctly, there was a ring of hell reserved just for coaches who play too conservatively.

And thanks NSD. Romer should get a Nobel Prize for that piece.

Btw, before anyone argues with me, read Romer's piece. If you start arguing without reading Romer's piece, I got a voodoo doll that looks just like you.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Rockmolder
13 years ago
In recent games, I didn't care too much about people going for it on 4th. I could stop them 3 times and I usually did the same the 4th time.

In this game, though, getting someone to 4th and 1 is nothing short of a miracle. And they know that. Everyone just goes for it, since you'll pretty much get it, anyway.
doddpower
13 years ago
I play seriously in online franchises, and we have pretty strict rules in place. CLICK HERE  to check out the website and read the rules. The main point is to play SIM as much as possible. In other words, if it's 4th and 11 and one is on their own 10 yard line, you must punt the ball unless you are down by 14 points I believe.

The reasoning for this is there are many, MANY glitches in Madden (and all video games for that matter). Certain things that some people do are basically impossible to stop, so rules like this are put in place to make the video game more realistic. A team could only go for it if it was 4th and 3 or less.

Anyway, I would love to do some team play. Add me. My gamertag is "DoddPower" (go figure!)
porky88
13 years ago
I don't go for it if I'm in my own territory. But if I'm at midfield, I go for it on fourth and five for example. I don't think that's being dirty. I just have the confidence that I'll make it or that I'll stop them.

Also, what is dirty. In NCAA 10 I had a pretty epic game. It was high scoring and I couldn't stop this guy. I scored with 30 seconds left and I could have went for the FG and went into OT. However, I knew I couldn't stop this person, so I went for two. Is that dirty? I've done it before in Madden. Now I didn't get it and loss the game, but I felt that was my best chance to win.

My gamertag is porky826.

I haven't played Madden 11 online yet. I usually take my time to learn the game first before I jump online, but if someone wants to play me let me know.
doddpower
13 years ago

I don't go for it if I'm in my own territory. But if I'm at midfield, I go for it on fourth and five for example. I don't think that's being dirty. I just have the confidence that I'll make it or that I'll stop them.

Also, what is dirty. In NCAA 10 I had a pretty epic game. It was high scoring and I couldn't stop this guy. I scored with 30 seconds left and I could have went for the FG and went into OT. However, I knew I couldn't stop this person, so I went for two. Is that dirty? I've done it before in Madden. Now I didn't get it and loss the game, but I felt that was my best chance to win.

My gamertag is porky826.

I haven't played Madden 11 online yet. I usually take my time to learn the game first before I jump online, but if someone wants to play me let me know.

"porky88" wrote:

Porky,

Dirty is taking advantage of glitches. For example, in Madden 10 it was possible to ABUSE the flats and screens. Despite the coverage you ran, even if you knew it was coming, it was nearly impossible to stop. Many cheese players would throw to the flats 15+ times a game and their RB's and FB's would catch 15+ passes in a game, while the WR's only had a view. There used to be entire websites out there specifically telling people how to take advantage of glitches.

Like I said, that's just how this online franchise is ran, and I love it. It's made for sim ball. We are supposed to play just how an actual NFL team would. It's nice because whenever I want to play more video game like and do whatever I want, I'll just hop in an un-ranked game and play however I like; and expect the same from others. It's nice to not HAVE to do that though.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I just picked up Madden '11 tonight. Player movement seems to be a lot more rapid and either Ryan Grant is awesome or they made running a whole lot easier.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (12h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.