RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
I agree Rockmolder (even though your Avatar thing is weird, lol).

I think the out of sync thing is an excuse too. Favre is not that sharp and the WRs suck at getting open and catching balls.

I also couldn't agree with you more on the OL stuff. I think we're going to have a field day. My only worry is that Favre actually is in stride by then and he burns us like last year. Last year Woodson said they threw a whole bunch of blitz packages at Favre in the 2nd game and Favre read all of them and either checked out of them or got rid of the ball quickly. The Favre we saw yesterday I dont' think will be the Favre we see when they visit Lambeau but who knows, I've been wrong before and will be wrong again in teh future.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Woodson said that we blitzed a lot in the 2nd game? I don't remember many blitzes, but I remember us playing off a lot and Brett having a long time to throw the ball.

My memory is getting shady in my old age.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
I can't help but wonder if Favre is even gonna be the Vikings starting QB by the time we play them.
And as far as the person saying that "3 INTS didn't hurt them", how can someone say that with a straight face? Even if the other team doesn't score because of it, it stops your OWN team from scoring.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

so redsox, you think favre is playing well? he's at the top of his game? it's the wr's fault? injuries are causing his throws to go behind the wr's? the coaches aren't calling the right plays? he's not in sync with the wr's cause he hasn't had enuf playing time with them? i'm just wondering if you feel he's culpable in any of these scenarios or is it everyone else making the mistakes? and believe it or not, i'm actually not being a smart ass here - just trying to figure out what you think is the problem.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

No, I don't think that at all, I don't think he's at the top of his game or playing well. I think its a combination of things, he's make some really bad decisions and the WRs do suck. I don't think the throws are that bad to be honest, for a 40 year old guy, he's got zip and distance. I think its bad decisions that have hurt him. Either way, I also think the WR's cannot get open or the play designs are really bad.

You can't tell me that having an injured Harvin and no Rice has some impact on the Vikings pass game. I think Favre sucked against the Dolphins but I dont' think the failure in the pass game is all on him (although a lot of it is on two bad decisions). It takes two to tango and IMO Berrian sucks and Harvin is playing hurt. The only legit passing threat he has is Shanicoe which he has used again and again with success. The Shanico thing shows me that Favre still has "it".

This whole "in sync with receivers" thing is an excuse IMO. Even if Favre was in training camp, Harvin and Rice were injured and Camirillo didn't come in until after Favre came.

Right now I just think the WRs stink and Favre is trying to do too much, he think he's throwing to Rice. That pass with the deep INT was a play last year that probably works (or at worst is incomplete) because Rice is tall. That's on Favre, he needs to realize that Berrian can only do one thing, which is catch the ball when he's wide open.

I just think the reaction to bench Favre based on throwing to a WR corp that had Greg Lewis as the #2 for a while is a bit of an over reaction. They played two good teams, on thats a SB champion on the road. To call for benching and T-Jack at this point is premature IMO. Favre started out slow last year but they played the Browns, I think he had 100 yards passing.

Also I just came across this:

"Were running basically the same plays, Harvin said. Its just sometimes when you have a 6-5 receiver you can just throw it up to him whether hes covered or not, and he can make a play. From that standpoint, we wont be able to fix that or find another receiver to replace him. We just have to come up with different schemes to try and get people open.

If the Vikes are running the same plays as last year and they don't have their 6-5 receiver, they're stupid and they have a lot bigger problems than QB at this point.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Yes, yes and yes.

I LOVE the NFL fans (Viking fans including) that are overreacting about Favre. I didn't see the game yesterday so I can't opine from what I seen, but I know what I'm hearing from fans and what I hear on radio (with the exception of the few objective sports guys I listen to) it's all overreaction. It's week 2.

The fans can start to hit the panic button when the Vikes look that way in the middle of the year (around week 😎, but not now.

Knee-jerk fans make me smile.

/sarcasm off
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I don't think you can make many real judgments on teams til, say, the fourth week of the season or so. And even then teams can do a 180.

The Vikings look bad, but so did we early in the season last year and we came on strong towards the end.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
13 years ago
i would never assume that favre is 'done'. dude can pick it up in a couple weeks & kick some serious ass the rest of the season.
it's actually, in a strange way, difficult for me to watch him playing this way.
favre is the guy who MADE receivers & then made those receivers better! so when i hear 'the receivers suck', it makes me cringe. favre was my hero at one time & to watch your hero playing like, well, a nearly 41 year old grandpa, isn't easy.
mixed emotions suck cuz at the same time, i'm not gonna say i don't enjoy the queens sucking it up out there. i'm so confused. lol.
ILikeThePackers39
13 years ago

so redsox, you think favre is playing well? he's at the top of his game? it's the wr's fault? injuries are causing his throws to go behind the wr's? the coaches aren't calling the right plays? he's not in sync with the wr's cause he hasn't had enuf playing time with them? i'm just wondering if you feel he's culpable in any of these scenarios or is it everyone else making the mistakes? and believe it or not, i'm actually not being a smart ass here - just trying to figure out what you think is the problem.

"Formo" wrote:

No, I don't think that at all, I don't think he's at the top of his game or playing well. I think its a combination of things, he's make some really bad decisions and the WRs do suck. I don't think the throws are that bad to be honest, for a 40 year old guy, he's got zip and distance. I think its bad decisions that have hurt him. Either way, I also think the WR's cannot get open or the play designs are really bad.

You can't tell me that having an injured Harvin and no Rice has some impact on the Vikings pass game. I think Favre sucked against the Dolphins but I dont' think the failure in the pass game is all on him (although a lot of it is on two bad decisions). It takes two to tango and IMO Berrian sucks and Harvin is playing hurt. The only legit passing threat he has is Shanicoe which he has used again and again with success. The Shanico thing shows me that Favre still has "it".

This whole "in sync with receivers" thing is an excuse IMO. Even if Favre was in training camp, Harvin and Rice were injured and Camirillo didn't come in until after Favre came.

Right now I just think the WRs stink and Favre is trying to do too much, he think he's throwing to Rice. That pass with the deep INT was a play last year that probably works (or at worst is incomplete) because Rice is tall. That's on Favre, he needs to realize that Berrian can only do one thing, which is catch the ball when he's wide open.

I just think the reaction to bench Favre based on throwing to a WR corp that had Greg Lewis as the #2 for a while is a bit of an over reaction. They played two good teams, on thats a SB champion on the road. To call for benching and T-Jack at this point is premature IMO. Favre started out slow last year but they played the Browns, I think he had 100 yards passing.

Also I just came across this:

"Were running basically the same plays, Harvin said. Its just sometimes when you have a 6-5 receiver you can just throw it up to him whether hes covered or not, and he can make a play. From that standpoint, we wont be able to fix that or find another receiver to replace him. We just have to come up with different schemes to try and get people open.

If the Vikes are running the same plays as last year and they don't have their 6-5 receiver, they're stupid and they have a lot bigger problems than QB at this point.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Yes, yes and yes.

I LOVE the NFL fans (Viking fans including) that are overreacting about Favre. I didn't see the game yesterday so I can't opine from what I seen, but I know what I'm hearing from fans and what I hear on radio (with the exception of the few objective sports guys I listen to) it's all overreaction. It's week 2.

The fans can start to hit the panic button when the Vikes look that way in the middle of the year (around week 😎, but not now.

Knee-jerk fans make me smile.

/sarcasm off

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Problem is (and for the record I'm married to a die-hard Vikes fan, so this isn't bullshit intended to deride you) that the most vocal and visible Vikings fans are the knee-jerk fans. I'm half-tempted to fire up KFAN to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth, but I can't stomach it.

Favre isn't going to have the season he did last year, for a number of reasons. And you aren't going to have the kind of receiving group you did last year, for another number of reasons. But what worries my wife (and therefore by slight extension, would worry me) is that things aren't getting done on the lines. The o-line is a mess, and if you had a lesser RB you could really write this season off - that line could well get Brett knocked out of the season if they aren't careful. And then I see teams running on them the last two weeks? Seriously? Richie freaking Incognito making Kwill his bitch? That would freak me right out.

If I'm a Vikings fan (again - not, but married to one), my number one concern by far is the line play. Assuming they can keep him upright, Favre will turn it around.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
The quotes LTF posts are mind boggling. Is that board populated almost exclusively with self-conscious trolls?
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
13 years ago

The quotes LTF posts are mind boggling. Is that board populated almost exclusively with self-conscious trolls?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

No just Brett nutt lovers

Sad thing?

Cheesey, Tripp, 4packgirl and I used to be top posters there
CDNRodgersfan
13 years ago
I'll say Brett's done and a big part of it is it looks like he doesn't even want

to be there. There's a reason no one plays QB after 40. The year he had last year was an exception and this is the norm. I can hardly say he's bad because to me he's playing like a 4o year old should be expected to. I just hope he doesn't leave on the injured reserve
i
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (25m) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (26m) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (13h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (19h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (21h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (21h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (23h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (23h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (23h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.