TheKanataThrilla
13 years ago

What's the over/under on sacks for Matthews this week? 2.5?

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

My guess is 2 sacks and 5 tackles for a loss for Clay. I am hoping Raji has a big day as well stuffing the run and maybe picking up another sack as well.
Packers_Finland
13 years ago

"TheKanataThrilla" wrote:

My guess is 2 sacks and 5 tackles for a loss for Clay. I am hoping Raji has a big day as well stuffing the run and maybe picking up another sack as well.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

5 TfL? A lot starting linebackers don't have that many in a year...
This is a placeholder
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I don't see this being a blowout. Mike McCarthy seems to have a preference for close games.

Everyone was predicting a blowout in the Bengals game too. And the Tampa Bay game. And . . .
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
13 years ago

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Most linebackers don't get to play against the Bills. There offense is basically running, screens, and checkdown passes. I forget how many negative plays happened in the Phins game, but I would consider our defence better than theirs. I don't want to get cocky, but this Bills team can go 0-16 in my opinion.
Packers_Finland
13 years ago

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Most linebackers don't get to play against the Bills. There offense is basically running, screens, and checkdown passes. I forget how many negative plays happened in the Phins game, but I would consider our defence better than theirs. I don't want to get cocky, but this Bills team can go 0-16 in my opinion.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Yes, we are the clear favorites.

Just for fun though, here are some linebacker TfL stats from AFC East teams that play the bills twice a year:

Jerod Mayo 1 TfL in 13 starts
Gary Guyton 1 TfL in 16 starts
Tully Banta-Cain 5 TfL in 16 starts
Akin Ayodele 3 TfL in 16 starts
Jason Taylor 6 TfL in 16 starts
Joey Porter 3 TfL in 14 starts
David Harris 0 TfL in 16 starts
Bart Scott 11 TfL in 16 starts
Bryan Thomas 4 TfL in 16 starts
Calvin Pace 7 TfL in 12 starts

I guess my point is that 5 TfL in a game is aiming a bit too high
This is a placeholder
Brettizzle
13 years ago
I hope Rodgers can recover from a poor performance last week. My guess is he rips apart the defense with ease and we will by at least a couple of scores.
Jermichael Finley

We will be in Indianapolis

Greg C.
13 years ago

When we played the Bengals, we had been on a roll pretty good. I think with how tough the Eagles game was and how poorly Rodgers played, they are going to want to look good. I thing we see a pretty solid effort out of them.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

On a roll? The Packers needed last-minute heroics to beat the Bears in the season opener last year. The offensive line was horrible. That was the Allen Barbre game.

I agree that they should make a much better showing in this game than they did against the Bengals, though, because the Bills are a really bad team.

For those who think the Packers always play down to the level of their competition and squander big leads, here are some scores from last year:

36-17 over Rams
26-0 over Lions
31-3 over Browns
34-12 over Lions
48-10 over Seahawks
33-7 over Cardinals

The Bucs were the only bad team that played a close game with the Packers. The Niners did come back in the second half after the Packers ran up a big lead on them, but the Niners were playing decent football at the time, and that was kind of a weird game, with Kampman and Harris both blowing out their knees.

The Bengals, of course, were a playoff team and one of the better teams in the league last year until late in the season, when Chris Henry died. That was devastating for them.

If the Bills are going to compete and maybe win this game, they will need to win the special teams battle, get a few turnovers, and hope the Packer offense is out of sync. Not impossible, but not highly likely.
blank
tonyagnese
13 years ago

When we played the Bengals, we had been on a roll pretty good. I think with how tough the Eagles game was and how poorly Rodgers played, they are going to want to look good. I thing we see a pretty solid effort out of them.

"Greg C." wrote:

On a roll? The Packers needed last-minute heroics to beat the Bears in the season opener last year. The offensive line was horrible. That was the Allen Barbre game.

I agree that they should make a much better showing in this game than they did against the Bengals, though, because the Bills are a really bad team.

For those who think the Packers always play down to the level of their competition and squander big leads, here are some scores from last year:

36-17 over Rams
26-0 over Lions
31-3 over Browns
34-12 over Lions
48-10 over Seahawks
33-7 over Cardinals

The Bucs were the only bad team that played a close game with the Packers. The Niners did come back in the second half after the Packers ran up a big lead on them, but the Niners were playing decent football at the time, and that was kind of a weird game, with Kampman and Harris both blowing out their knees.

The Bengals, of course, were a playoff team and one of the better teams in the league last year until late in the season, when Chris Henry died. That was devastating for them.

If the Bills are going to compete and maybe win this game, they will need to win the special teams battle, get a few turnovers, and hope the Packer offense is out of sync. Not impossible, but not highly likely.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

Agree 100%..I don't see this being a close game at all. The Bengals turned out to be a playoff team last year, the chances of the Bills making the playoffs this year are incredibly slim. Also...I'd like to think this years team learned from some of the mistakes from last year (overlooking teams such as the Bucs) and come out and put a whooping on the Bills. Especially after a so-so performance last week against the Eagles.
blank
13 years ago
For those who do pigskin pick`em on espn did you guys notice that there is no green bar for the bills to beat the packers?lol
UserPostedImage
Mckennj3
13 years ago
Just noticed Colledge didn't practice saturday with an illness and is listed as questionable. Could be our first chance to get a real solid look at Bulaga, or do they give Spitz the nod?
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (22h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.