Rockmolder
13 years ago

Here's a name to think about: Ted Danson.

seriously, think about it.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Never watched Cheers myself. Can't really think about him.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

Becker is still one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.
Tezzy
13 years ago

Here's a name to think about: Ted Danson.

seriously, think about it.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Never watched Cheers myself. Can't really think about him.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Becker is still one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

I also enjoy him in Bored to Death. Danson toking the reefer, just the way I always imagined him.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
beast
13 years ago
The Bills drafted two LBers I was interesting in... those being rookies Arthur Moats and Danny Batten both in the 6th round. Batten is on the IR (a 6 week shoulder injury, they IRed him free up roster room but still keep him at the same time).

Maybe a deal such as

Lynch, Moats and Batten for say Bishop, a 5th round draft pick one of the DBs? Say Pat Lee, Bush, Martin, Peprah or Bigby? ...

We got 6 CBs, 4 S and Harris and Bigby on the PUP... somebody is gonna get cut any ways why not trade them instead if a team would be interested.

Could Peprah be better than Bigby? Peprah has improved since last year and Bigby has been injured.

Lynch, Moats and Batten for Bishop, Bigby, Pat Lee and a 6th round draft pick?

Still not a fan of Lynch but think the Lbers have potential to be coached up very well.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Smoke... smoke... fire?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/102985794.html 

Rodgers on trading for Bills RB Lynch: 'Bring him on'
By Greg A. Bedard of the Journal Sentinel

Sept. 15, 2010 2:53 p.m. |(3) Comments

Green Bay - Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was asked Wednesday what he would say to the Packers if they asked for his opinion about a possible deal for disgruntled Bills running back Marshawn Lynch, Rodgers' former Cal teammate.

"Bring him on," Rodgers said, without hesitation.

Not even with his character knocks?

"He's a great player," Rodgers said of Lynch. "And any character issues the team might see, I think in a situation like that, and I think you've seen that with other players across the league, when you give a guy a change of scenery and a guy like that who feels he might have something to prove, and surround him with two guys, (Desmond) Bishop and myself who played with him...I think that can only help him feel comfortable and see a lot of production."

Rodgers said the Packers have not asked him about Lynch, and that Rodgers and Lynch have not spoken.

Yahoo!Sports columnist Michael Silver, another Cal grad (sensing a pattern here?), wrote a column about how much sense a Packers-Lynch union would make.

Any deal appears to be a long shot. Silver reported Lynch might not even be on the block. And that before the draft, the Bills turned down an offer of a third-round pick and a player for Lynch.

Even a third-round pick would likely be too rich for Ted Thompson.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Porky is a genius! :P

I'm still a little hung up on Lynch's comments about not wanting anything to do with Green Bay prior to being drafted. People's thoughts change and perhaps now that Rodgers is our starter, that could influence him.

Two of his knocks on Green Bay were the cold (ahh Buffalo?) and there wasn't anything to do (Applebees!)

Keith Jackson would have rather retired than play for the Packers, but we got him in anyhow. Thanks to Mr White.

CJ Spiller ran for 14 times for 16 yards, something like that and Fred Jackson I believe is nicked up. I don't see the Bills trading him away, unless it was for a LB plus a late round pick. I just don't see that happening.
UserPostedImage
rodgehodge
13 years ago

Two of his knocks on Green Bay were the cold (ahh Buffalo?) and there wasn't anything to do (Applebees!)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

hahah +1. we could promise marshawn all the sliders he could eat!
blank
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Marshawn Lynch.

The Packers were very high on Lynch in the 2007 draft if I recall. Had he been there, I think the Packers would've selected him rather than Justin Harrell.

Lynch has fallen out of favor in Buffalo and is definitely available. Probably wouldn't take anything more than a 5th round draft pick to get him.

This week, Green Bay gets Buffalo. Certainly, the Bills aren't going to move Lynch to a team they're facing in that respective week. He knows the playbook and you don't want that to bite you in the butt.

However, after this game, all bets are off. If Brandon Jackson were to struggle and with the Bills game behind Green Bay, Lynch is the type of risk worth taking IMO.

Now, I only bring this up because of Lynch's name apparently being tossed around inside the front office. Personally, I'm a fan of the talent Lynch has. Behind the Packers offensive line, I think he could be really solid. His ego with Finley's ego though might be a lot for Aaron Rodgers to handle in the huddle.

"porky88" wrote:

Aaron Rodgers played with Lynch. He knows him personally. I don't think that last point you brought up would be an issue.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Kyle
13 years ago
Here's a link to Michael Silver's article. I just don't see Ted giving up a second rounder if that's indeed what's required. I'd love to see it happen, though! I think Lynch would be a perfect fit in GB.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-32questions091510 
blank
LambeauEast
13 years ago
I too think Lynch would be a great fit in Green Bay. But as many have stated, Ted more than likely wouldn't feel it's worth pulling the trigger.

That said, we should give Brandon a few weeks, just merely to see what we do in fact NEED at this time. Maybe he rises to the occasion and all is well, or maybe he makes it blatantly obvious that he simply can't handle it. With him, Allstot Kuhn and Nance, we will find out soon enough what is "missing" with no Grant back there.

The NFL season is a marathon, NOT a sprint.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
+1. I didn't think of that.

Yes, maybe see how Jackson/Nance/Kuhn do before we pull a trigger. If they fail epically, Lynch would still be disgruntled in Buffalo. Then we do it. If they look great, no need and we keep a 2nd round pick.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
CanPackFan (14m) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (23h) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.