13 years ago
NE sports radio DJs rant like CRAZY about Moss lately. I honestly don't know what set them off, but he has practically become their next Manny. I'm happy with our receiving corps.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

Well- Sox, as soon as they invent a time machine you can hop on board, take your butt back to 2007, and re-bitch about it all over again. :tongue3:

"dfosterf" wrote:

Time machine? What is the sensitivity? Thats like saying we can't comment on anything that's happened in the past. You will never convince me that it was a good decision not to get Randy Moss. He's Randy f'n Moss. He's better than Jennings by a mile. And its not like you were trading Moss for Jennings. You would have them both and you'd only have Moss for a year.

All I am saying was it was not a good move IMO. If thats the team strategy this GM has that bringing in Randy Moss for a year somehow affects Jennings ability to progress, then I disagree and I think that kind of thinking is not in line with my opinion of how you win a SB. I fail to see how that's not relevant or "re-bitching".
blank
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

Could it be that RM had a great season because of the QB in NE, He's no slouch and I'd maybe go so far as to say more disciplined than the other QB he might have played with that season.

"dingus" wrote:

Your making Favre sounds like he's Trent Dilfer or something. Favre has made many WRs great, look at Sidney Rice, did you know that was his 3rd year in the NFL and the guy turns into a Pro Bowler. I think Tom Brady is better but I really doubt Brady is THAT much better than Favre that Favre couldn't have a got a really good season(s) out of Moss.

Matt Cassel's numbers with Moss in 2008, 1008 yards receiving, 11 touchdowns, 14.6 average. With Matt f'n Cassel. I think Favre and him could do just a little bit (just a little) better than that...

It was a mistake, everyone thought Moss was done and wasn't worth the risk, hence why the Pats got him for FOURTH ROUND pick. Ted Thompson obviously f'd up. I don't see how anyone can debate that. You'd have Moss, Jennings and Driver possibly right now. Or at least you would have had them for that one year. And you would have given up a fourth round pick. It was a mistake, plain and simple.

And NSD, I don't understand how Moss wouldn't have helped in that Giants game. He's Randy Moss. At any point he could break through coverage and be free. Plus the season would have been completely different, you could have played in the Gaints in the Seattle snow game and someone else later or whatever.

I just don't understand how not giving up a fourth round pick for Randy Moss for one year (possibily more) was not a mistake and stupid looking back. We have the advantage of knowing what happened but that still doesn't change the fact we should have done it. It's not like admitting that will get Favre to come dance on your lawn about how he was right. It's just a fact.

And I still don't understand where all these views went that Randy Moss never wanted to come here so all that Moss talk was BS.
blank
zombieslayer
13 years ago
I'm with RedSox here. He's Randy Moss. Randy Moss is the best WR today. The best. No, not the second best. The best.

Jennings is on the low end of the top 10. Driver is in the middle, around #16. Randy Moss is #1.

He's not only #1, he's the best WR since Jerry Rice. When Moss retires, he will be #2 in every important WR category, except for one where he's #1. That is TDs in a season. He's got 23.

The whole thing about getting Randy Moss is a "he said, she said" argument. Nobody knows. Everything we're hearing is one person's side of the story, which conflicts with the next guy.

It didn't happen. That sucks.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
I agree with Zombieslayer. I think he put in a much clearer way than me, lol. Even with this article, who knows but everyone usually eats what this guys says for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm sure the truth is somewhere but if this is true, I don't see how people cannot conclude it was a big mistake not getting him.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
I wanted Randy Moss rather bad. I was major pissed that NE could get him for a 4th round pick, and thought Ted was needlessly over-negotiating for the best possible deal. Still do.

But I'm over that now. I'm content with our WRs.

Now, OL. That's a different story. 🙂
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
longtimefan
13 years ago

I'm with RedSox here. He's Randy Moss. Randy Moss is the best WR today. The best. No, not the second best. The best.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

2006 8 td and 1000--16 games
2005 3 td and 500 yards--13 games

Dont go by what you know NOW have to look at it back then

No one else was in the running to nab him..

I think its time to go back to 2006 time machine and dig up old posts if there are any
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
LTF, I think you are misinterpreting what ZS is saying. I dont think he means that Randy Moss was the best in 2006, I think his point is that he has been the best the last 3 seasons, so it was a mistake as he is a lot better than Jennings and Driver.

According ot this article anyway, we had a shot at him. But we didn't get him in part because of our own actions. So I think thast what me and ZS are saying, it sucks, life goes on and Jennings is really good but it was a mistake not to trade for him considering how little we were giving up.

Even if he was a bum in Oakland, Brett at least saw something in him, and I guess Belichek/Brady did too.

The risk was very minimal and the upside was huge. I like what Ted Thompson has done with the team but I still don't agree wiht some of his tactics is all I am saying. And if this story is true, this is one of those instances. The fact that Brady/Belichek were all over Moss should have told him alone that Moss may be worth it.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
We offered a 5th, they offered a 4th.

I don't think the Raiders would have said "Okay Packers, we'll take the lower pick and send him to you" even if we had come to an agreement contractually.

Then again, It's Al Davis, who knows.

Edit, not to mention the Patriots were a legit contender and we were coming off an 8 - 8 year where we prior went 4 - 12. I'm sure if Randy had a decision, that would have factored into it as well. Randy wants a ring, not to play ball with a buddy.
UserPostedImage
dingus
13 years ago
How's this then, had Moss been running the same route as Driver Favre still would have under thrown the ball.

Andrew Brandt no longer has a dog in this hunt so I'll take his word that the Packers tried to get Moss (twice) but were unwilling to rent him for a season. I see nothing wrong with sticking to your guns when it comes to contract negotiations.
blank
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.