Finley88Beast
13 years ago
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/K-Mason-Crosby-Named-NFC-Special-Teams-Player-Of-The-Week/9afc980b-c8c9-4e00-a993-add4c55d119a 

Running back MATT FORT of the Chicago Bears, safety ADRIAN WILSON of the Arizona Cardinals and kicker MASON CROSBY of the Green Bay Packers are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played on NFL Kickoff 2010 Weekend (September 9, 12-13), the NFL announced today.

OFFENSE: RB MATT FORT, CHICAGO BEARS

* In Chicagos 19-14 win over Detroit, Fort totaled 201 scrimmage yards (151 receiving, 50 rushing), becoming the fourth Bear in franchise history with 200 scrimmage yards in a single game (Pro Football Hall of Famers WALTER PAYTON and GALE SAYERS and NEAL ANDERSON).
* His 151 receiving yards are the most by a running back in NFL history on Kickoff Weekend and the second-most by a Bears running back all-time (Pro Football Hall of Famer GEORGE MC AFEE, 157 yards, December 7, 1947).
* Forts 89-yard touchdown reception is the longest touchdown from scrimmage by a running back in franchise history. It is also tied for the longest play from scrimmage by the Bears in Soldier Field history, tying the 89-yard touchdown reception by wide receiver RICKY WATTS from quarterback VINCE EVANS (September 21, 1980).
* In his third season from Tulane, this is Forts first career Player of the Week Award.
* He is the fourth Bears running back to be named Offensive Player of the Week, joining Hall of Famer Payton (three times), Anderson and ANTHONY THOMAS.

DEFENSE: S ADRIAN WILSON, ARIZONA CARDINALS

* Wilson recorded two interceptions, a sack and a blocked field goal in the Cardinals 17-13 win at St. Louis. His second interception sealed the game as he picked off the Rams final pass in the end zone.
* He is the first player since JULIUS PEPPERS in 2004 to record an interception, a sack and a blocked field goal in a single game. Wilson is also the first player in franchise history with two interceptions, a sack and a blocked field goal in the same contest.
* Wilson has now posted an interception and at least a half-sack in the same game five times in his career. He is one of just 10 players in NFL history with at least 20 interceptions (25) and 20 sacks (21.5).
* In his 10th year from North Carolina State, this is Wilsons fourth career Player of the Week Award and first since Week 7, 2009.
* His four career Defensive Player of the Week Awards are the most in franchise history.

SPECIAL TEAMS: K MASON CROSBY, GREEN BAY PACKERS

* Crosby had two field goals and three PATs in the Packers 27-20 win at Philadelphia.
* He converted a 49-yard attempt in the second quarter to tie the game 3-3.
* With the Packers leading 10-3, Crosby extended the lead with a franchise-record 56-yard field goal on the final play of the first half. The field goal was the longest in team annals, besting the previous mark of 54 yards held by CHRIS JACKE, RYAN LONGWELL and DAVE RAYNER.
* The game marked the first of Crosbys career with two field goals of at least 49 yards.
* In his fourth season from Colorado, this is Crosbys second career Player of the Week Award (Week 1, 2007).
* Crosby joins Longwell (five) and Jacke (two) as the only kickers in team history to be honored multiple times.

Other nominees for NFC Offensive Player of Week 1:

* Arizona wide receiver STEVE BREASTON, who had a career-high 132 yards on seven receptions and also made a touchdown-saving play by forcing a fumble at the Arizona four-yard line after a Cardinals turnover.
* New Orleans quarterback DREW BREES, who completed 27 of 36 passes (75.0 percent) for 237 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions for a 101.3 passer rating in the Saints 14-9 win over Minnesota.
* Tampa Bay quarterback JOSH FREEMAN, who completed 17 of 28 passes (60.7 percent) for 182 yards with two touchdowns and one interception for a 88.7 passer rating in the Buccaneers 17-14 win over Cleveland.
* Seattle quarterback MATT HASSELBECK, who completed 18 of 23 passes (78.3 percent) for 170 yards with two touchdowns and one interception for a 108.3 passer rating in the Seahawks 31-6 win over San Francisco.
* New York Giants wide receiver HAKEEM NICKS, who had four catches for 75 yards and three touchdowns in the Giants 31-18 win over Carolina.

Other nominees for NFC Defensive Player of Week 1:

* Tampa Bay cornerback RONDE BARBER, who had a 64-yard interception-return to set up a touchdown and three tackles.
* Chicago linebacker LANCE BRIGGS, who had 10 tackles, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
* New Orleans cornerback JABARI GREER, who posted seven tackles and two passes defensed.
* Washington cornerback DE ANGELO HALL, who had eight tackles, two passes defensed, forced a fumble and scored on a 32-yard fumble-return in the Redskins 13-7 win over Dallas.
* New York Giants defensive end/linebacker MATHIAS KIWANUKA, who had two sacks, four tackles and a forced fumble.
* Washington safety LA RON LANDRY, who had 17 tackles and a pass defensed.
* Green Bay linebacker CLAY MATTHEWS, who had seven tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble.
* Seattle cornerback MARCUS TRUFANT, who had three passes defensed and returned an interception 32 yards for a touchdown.
* Chicago linebacker BRIAN URLACHER, who had eight tackles, a sack and three tackles for a loss.
* Detroit defensive end KYLE VANDEN BOSCH, who had a team-high 11 tackles in the Lions 19-14 loss at Chicago.

Other nominees for NFC Special Teams Player of Week 1:

* Tampa Bay rookie punter CHRIS BRYAN, who punted seven times for 288 yards (41.1 average) with a long of 57 yards and placed two punts inside the 20-yard line.
* Washington kicker GRAHAM GANO, who had two field goals, including a 49-yarder.
* Green Bay kick returner JORDY NELSON, who averaged 31.2 yards per kickoff return, including a long of 51 yards.
* New Orleans kick returner COURTNEY ROBY, who had a team-high two special teams tackles and returned three kicks for 70 yards (23.3 average).

A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
Finley88Beast
13 years ago
lmao we posted the same thing at the same time
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
musccy
13 years ago
I think I beat you by about 3 seconds! 🙂
beast
13 years ago
Sweet. I think Crosby was winning these his rookie year as well... so maybe he'll be the best he's been? 😛 :)

Edit: Also had OLB Clay Matthews, punter Chris Bryan (was with the Packers now with Tampa) and KR Jordy Nelson as other nominees for NFC Player of Week 1.
UserPostedImage
Finley88Beast
13 years ago
lol good job!
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
Finley88Beast
13 years ago

Sweet. I think Crosby was winning these his rookie year as well... so maybe he'll be the best he's been? 😛 :)

Edit: Also had OLB Clay Matthews, punter Chris Bryan (was with the Packers now with Tampa) and KR Jordy Nelson as other nominees for NFC Player of Week 1.

"beast" wrote:

Wow chris bryan?Dam we had 2 pretty good punters here.
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
mi_keys
13 years ago

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

Wow chris bryan?Dam we had 2 pretty good punters here.

"beast" wrote:

And they were huge question marks coming into training camp!
Born and bred a cheesehead
Greg C.
13 years ago
I noticed that the other time Crosby won this award was in his NFL debut, which was also a win over the Eagles. He kicked the game-winner in that one.

Crosby got off to a shaky start in training camp, but got better and better. I'm feeling better about his kicking this year than I did last year.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I noticed that the other time Crosby won this award was in his NFL debut, which was also a win over the Eagles. He kicked the game-winner in that one.

Crosby got off to a shaky start in training camp, but got better and better. I'm feeling better about his kicking this year than I did last year.

"Greg C." wrote:

Were you in the chat on game day? That was my reasoning for being confident in him making it, lol. I said he holds true when it's the first game of the season and against the Eagles! 😛
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : could*
Zero2Cool (22h) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (22h) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (22h) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.