4PackGirl
13 years ago
1. my ex & every new truck he had to have every friggin year of our marriage that i paid for. arrrrrrgh!! ok i feel better. ;)

2. probably the $20,000 worth of concrete we have in our back yard. the boys love playing on it, we've had parties on it, & hope to build a 3 car garage there some day.
Tezzy
13 years ago
1. College. I sit today as a consultant with a great salary but blew over $70k on 6+ years of college that I never finished. But I did throw the most bomb ass parties and always provided the booze. And I met my wife at one such extravaganza, so not all was lost.

2. Champagne room at Sapphire in Las Vegas.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

I've never had a $100+ meal though, Wade. Please describe what that was like. Was it worth it?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

http://www.the1913room.com/ 

I thought I told this story before,but here goes...

Actually I had two $100 meals in four days. First one (entree Dover Sole that melted in one's mouth) was merely $130. Ate alone.

Second one was the big one. I had told some fellow foodies at the conference and we made a night of it. 8 of us, 4 hours all told, probably 5 bottles of wine.

Wines: Actually, I don't really remember much about them. I don't know much about wines. South American is all I remember.

Salad and Appetizers:
1. Asparagus and micro-greens salad. Asparagus cooked perfect.
2. Escargots bourguignonne. Easily the best escargots I've ever had -- buttery, garlicky, sizzling hot, melt-in-your mouth. I almost ordered a second order.
3. Braised bison short ribs, cooked sous vide, with a cabernet reduction. More melt-in-your-mouth tastiness. Not overcooked, but still tender as can be.

Entree:
Filet of beef au poivre with souffle potatoes. I almost never order a filet (I'm a big rib eye man), and never order rare. This time I did both. Best steak I've ever had. Two-plus inches think. Cut it with a fork. (Could probably have cut it with a spoon, but that would have been rather gauche. :)

Dessert:
1913 Forbidden Apple. I can't really describe this. Imagine getting a plate, and it looks like two apples. One a smallish apple like a Macintosh, the other a tiny crab apple. Not real apples, but look just like them. The little one is dipped in two different kinds of chocolate. When you push at the bigger one with a fork, the "skin" (which is a candied toffee-ish shell of some sort, breaks, and inside is cream, ice cream and who knows what else.

After-dinner drink:

A flight of Grand Marnier: Three snifters, one with regular Grand Marnier, one with 25-year-old, one with fifty-year-old.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Wow Wade. Nice description. Made me hungry just thinking about it, but why no rare steaks? Best steaks I've ever had ranged from rare to medium rare.

Agreed about the filets. Overrated. Good steaks, don't get me wrong. Like you though, I'd prefer a rib eye.

Never had escargot. I've had sea snails, but never land snails. Sea snails were delicious although salty.

That forbidden apple sounds like something you order for a mistress. If that doesn't impress her, you get yourself a new mistress. 😉
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
I almost always order medium rare. But most of my experiences with rare have been that the middle is cold and tough.

One thing I miss from Wisconsin is thick cut rib eyes. Most places around here cut the darn things too thin. Whoever heard of a "thick" steak being 3/4" thick before cooking?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Same with me. I'm a medium rare guy but will go rare with prime rib. I love bloody as hell prime rib.

California actually has good steaks. When I lived in Texas, I was disappointed by their steaks. Texans love to brag about their beef and it pales in comparison to California beef. I know Texans will get all butt hurt reading that, but it's true.

People love to knock Californians as being flakes and wimps, but that's just the cities. The vast majority of California is farmland and farmers love good steak. Texans know oil, guns, high school football, and cheerleading, but not steak.

And yeah, 3/4" is thick? What the ****?

Now if someone asked me to cook their steak well done, I'd spit on it.

Clicked on their site Wade. Wow. I'm all about the Louis XIV elegance. Looks amazing (and nice brunette inspecting the wine glasses). Never stepped foot in Michigan though.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago
My wife's birth control pills. I mean once or twice a year, come on. I'm willing to just roll the dice.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago

My wife's birth control pills. I mean once or twice a year, come on. I'm willing to just roll the dice.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Once or twice a YEAR!?!?!?

(You lucky dog!)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
Wade......i STILL can't get my mind around a $180 meal. Heck, i think the MOST i ever spent on a meal with BOTH my wife and I was MAYBE $50.
Of course I don't really drink (one or two at the most) so ibet that was a big part of your cost.
I can't eat as much as I used to. Alot of times if we DO go out, we end up splitting a meal. My favorite is prime rib, done RARE. Me and the wife will split a 24 ounce one, and STILL end up taking some home.
I'd love some day to go to a REAL fancy eattin' place. I have never done that.
Of course the only way i'd ever go is if i didn't have to worry about the prices.
I've already gone to a few places, looked at the menu, and left. I just couldn't bring myself to spend alot on something that in a few hours will be POOP!
Besides of which, I'm a real good cook. I wait till tenderloin goes on sale, buy one, and make several meals out of it.
My wife gets mad when i want to go out to eat, cause i cook better then most places do! But i tell her, sometimes it's just nice for ME not to have to cook and wash the dishes.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Cheesey - You have a different love for food than Wade. Not knocking either of you. Just saying it's different.

I love food to the point that I would do a $180 meal. I just haven't done it yet. But when I say I love food, I really mean it. I can cook better than most places that make $20-30 meals so going out to eat is a letdown unless I go into it knowing that the only reason we're going out to eat is I don't feel like cooking.

I cannot however do what Mr. Madsen of the 1913 room did. That guy is a true artist.

Pick up a book on gourmet food preparation. No exaggeration, but Wade's meal took about 3 to 4 days to make. The sauces alone are unreal when it comes to prep work.

I make one dessert that takes 3 nights to make. Literally. I only make it for very special occasions.

These all-star chefs are married to their jobs. You'd be surprised how high their divorce rates are.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (29m) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (30m) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (30m) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (45m) : 4th
Zero2Cool (59m) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (3h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (7h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (7h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.