beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

Aaron Rodgers has sounded like a broken record much of the season regarding the inefficiency of the passing game. Now at least one concrete reason has come to light.

Sources with inside knowledge of the Green Bay Packers have described David Raih, the team’s first-year coach of the wide receivers, as the weak link of the staff and a contributing factor why the pass offense really hasn’t meshed all season.

BOB McGINN  wrote:

Bob McGinn is going after currently WR coach (and I can't read his entire piece, cus I'm not gonna pay for it) but I think it's more than just the current guy,.

With the exception of WR Adams (
who strongly credits his college WR coach, Keith Williams, whom he continues to work with ), the Packers haven't really developed any WRs since the Superbowl and WR coach Jimmy Robinson. And yes there was Cobb, but Cobb was pretty well developed before coming to the Packers and had an strangely natural feel for what to do when the play breaks down.

But failure to get good WRs coaches FINALLY caught up to Mike McCarthy when Gute got rid of Nelson and Cobb and Allison got injured.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
Gutekunst gambled snd lost.
With Adams, Cobb, and Allison the Packers had a solid 3.
He chose to jettison Jordy and sign Graham.

He lost on both moves.

I think, once again, we all found out that Rookie Wr's may have their moments, but they need time to develope.

The Wr corps should be ok for next year, depending on what they decide on Cobb

The only orher change would to cut ties with Graham and go looking for another TE

I hear Jarrod Cook is available again.
Hmmmm?
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

The Wr corpse

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Please tell me this is a pun and not a typo. 😂
UserPostedImage
sschind
5 years ago
Our WR corps has been steadily declining for many years now. Besides Adams we have been trying to reload the position with late round picks and it hasn't worked out.

Ted's WR hits were early picks and pretty much anyone he tried after that failed. Its only because his early picks worked out so well that he got the reputation for being a WR guru.

I have high hopes for JM, MVS, and ESB as I do for every rookie every year and at this point I have not made up my mind on any of them. The fact remains however that they were day three picks and players fall to day three more often because they are not as talented as for any other reason. When you are drafting less talented players sometimes no coach in the world can turn them into something they are not.

I'm not sure what to expect for next year. We might be fine but we might just as easily be struggling once again to find a reliable compliment for Adams. He will be fine as the #1 but if Cobb does leave were are once again faced with a team of unproven "potential" behind him.

If that is the case our WR corps will be a corpse once again. IMO it is time to to give it another shot in the arm with a high draft pick. Probably not with our first or even our second pick but certainly with our third or maybe use a couple of late round picks to move up with our 4th pick. I'm a little tired of having WRs who need Aaron Rodgers to make them look good. I'd like another one who is good on his own. However we do it it is time to stop shopping the blue light specials. Let the youngsters try to figure out that reference.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Perhaps the offense should be designed such that it doesn’t take a receiver 2 1/2 years to learn it.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Perhaps the offense should be designed such that it doesn’t take a receiver 2 1/2 years to learn it.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

We should understand and accept that kids coming out of college aren't going to be finished products so soon.

We have unrealistic expectations because of someone who has done it as a rookie.

For a team example of this, look at the Patriots. They win "all the time" so now suddenly when your team has a losing season or two it's fire everyone and ignore the fact that in the last like 20 Super Bowls, there's only a handful (Steelers, Giants, Patriots, someone else??) of winners of more than one.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
The system would be easier to learn and easier to teach if the quarterback actually played within the system.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
He doesn’t. I have never heard a credible source saying he doesnt
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (9h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (13h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.