nerdmann
11 years ago
JSO 

"He's a shifty guy," running backs coach Alex Van Pelt said. "He's different than our other backs, a smaller guy. Tremendous foot speed and quickness and the ability to get in and out of the hole quickly and make cuts quickly. But until you hand him the ball in live action, it's tough to tell. So we'll wait and see if that opportunity comes.

"He's small in stature but he seems to be a strong guy. When he hits somebody, you hear the pop."

Not to anoint him of course. LOL

Would Sanders have been effective on the tundra in weather? Might have tended to slow him down, as we saw a couple times in the playoffs...

And again, he reiterates the advantages to being 5-7.

"Whenever they start moving, you might see the top of my helmet and then all of a sudden I get down and end up on the other side," Harris said. "You never know. Some guy might be looking around. So it's definitely an advantage, especially when I'm coming through the hole. You don't have to worry about running too high or anything like that. It's an advantage."

Kind of interested in seeing what the kid's got.

Might be a challenge in pass pro, but on the other hand, he can get up underneath a guy's pads.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Change the title immediately or be banned. This is not a joke!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

Change the title immediately or be banned. This is not a joke!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Be interesting to see what this guy can do.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Be interesting to see what this guy can do.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I agree! I'm excited to see him play. I seen his height was five eight and weighed 203 ... which is exactly what Barry Sanders weighed. Then I see some saying he's five seven. I sure would like it if there was a solid height weight measurement used. It's crazy how some grow two inches or lose 40 pounds depending on the site.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I know nothing about him but I assume the coaches like him enough for him to be on the team but not enough to give him carries in the game.
Hopefully GB is up by 30 in the 4th Q and they can afford to give him a few carries.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
well you saw it. 10 yards on the first carry of the game.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
That 11 yard run to start the first Packers drive by DuJuan Harris was impressive. He looked like a damn speeding bowling ball lol
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Good write up.

GREEN BAY – DuJuan Harris must be doing something right.

Since being signed to the Green Bay Packers’ practice squad on Oct. 24, Harris has impressed those watching. And with the running back corps growing thinner, he may get a chance to show everyone why.

“I like him a lot,” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. “I think he really brings an extra gear. He’s a prime example of a guy who played really well on the scout team for a number of weeks and it was like every week someone else was saying, ‘Hey, see 26 over there? See his runs he was making?’ And when you do that enough, then you get an opportunity. And now we’ve had another injury and he’s getting opportunities, so I think he’s got a chance to make some plays.”

Harris’ opportunity came when he was promoted from the Packers’ practice squad on Dec. 1. Since then, James Starks suffered a knee injury last Sunday that will keep him out “multiple weeks, according to coach Mike McCarthy; Johnny White was placed on season-ending injured reserve Wednesday because of a concussion he suffered on special teams against the New York Giants on Nov. 25; and veteran Ryan Grant was signed to rejoin the team, taking White’s roster spot.

Harris was active for the Packers’ 23-14 victory over Minnesota, but did not play, mostly because of the solid performances of Starks and Alex Green. Starks carried 15 times for 66 yards (4.4-yard average) and scored on a 22-yard run, while Green ran 12 times for 58 yards (4.8-yard average).

“Last week we had talked about getting him some runs, and then Alex (Green) and James (Starks) did such a good job,” Rodgers said. “I think this week you’re going to see him in the backfield getting a chance.”

The second-year player originally signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2011 after playing for four years at Troy University. In five games at Jacksonville, Harris had nine carries for 42 yards. He also contributed on special teams, returning 14 kickoffs for 308 yards. After being released by the Jaguars in training camp, he was claimed by the Pittsburgh Steelers, and then released again. Finally, Harris ended up in Green Bay.

Although the Packers’ haven’t been able to see Harris in game-action, head coach Mike McCarthy said he liked what he saw from the young running back. Still, he doesn’t know where Harris, who is listed at 5-foot-8 and 203 pounds, will fit into the Packers’ offense.

“We don’t really have any game experience with him so he’s someone we’ve been practicing quite a bit here of late,” McCarthy said. “Special teams is probably the priority for him right now.”

Added running backs coach Alex Van Pelt Thursday: “He’s different than the other backs. He’s a smaller guy with tremendous foot speed and quickness, ability to get in and out of the hole quickly and make cuts quickly. (But) until you give him the ball in live action, it’s tough to tell. We’ll wait and see if that opportunity comes.”

Harris said he doesn’t know how he will be used, but plans to do everything he can to make sure he will play an active role on the team.

“I haven’t really been told anything,” Harris said. “I’ve just been told, stay prepared and come to practice ready to practice and get better every day. I just can’t really think too much about it but like I said before, just come in and get better every day and execute whenever my name’s called.”

And if the way Rodgers and McCarthy have spoken about him is any indication, that won’t take long.

“He’s a young man who has a lot of abilities,” McCarthy said. “He’s 5-foot-7, but other than that we like everything about him. He has very good hands. He has burst. He’s quick. So, he’s done a nice job since he’s been here.”

Sarah Barshop  wrote:

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

That 11 yard run to start the first Packers drive by DuJuan Harris was impressive. He looked like a damn speeding bowling ball lol

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I wish his 2nd carry looked as good.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago
Looked pretty good on that last run. Who's practice squad did we thieve him from?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.