Yerko
9 years ago
Abbrederis, Janis or Boykin filling in for Cobb's production...

....:microwave
UserPostedImage
sschind
9 years ago

I don't think Minnesota really needs Cobb, but what do the cap situations look like in Miami, Oakland, Kansas City and Seattle?

All four teams have former Packers front office personnell as GMs, or a former Packers HC, and I know Seattle lost Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin, so they'll be looking. Raiders are looking to stock the cupboards for David Carr too.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The Raiders have a ton of money and would be my bet if anyone is going to go big for him The Seahawks have some room but I think they have to with for Lynch to decide what he wants to do and what they are going to do with Wilson although I think Wilsons numbers in the first year, maybe even two of his new deal will be pretty cap friendly. The dolphin and Chiefs are pretty tight and (11 and 6 million) and I don't know what their own FA situation is like. They do need receivers though.

The Browns and Bucs also have a lot of money and a Cobb/Evans combo in Tampa would be scary. The Bengals have 40 million and pairing him up with Green would also give defenses fits.

There are 9 teams with more money than the Packers right now but as has been mentioned a few times there are a lot of WRs out there. None are as good as Cobb (that won't be tagged that is) but none will cost as much either. Lots of options for a team like the Raiders and the Browns. this does bode well for the Packers.

Looking ahead to 2018 though it looks like the Packers will have about 125 million to spend. The bad news is the Raiders will have about 40 million more.

shield4life
9 years ago
Boy I'd love seeing Brandon Marshall catching balls from Aaron Rodgers!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
greengold
9 years ago
In my opinion Brandon Marshall is a nutjob, a locker room cancer, and one off the field problem after another. Bears ownership wants him gone in the worst way. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

In my opinion Brandon Marshall is a nutjob, a locker room cancer, and one off the field problem after another. Bears ownership wants him gone in the worst way. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

What off field problems has Brandon Marshall been in?
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

What off field problems has Brandon Marshall been in?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

A timeline of Marshall's off-field problems 

Oct. 31 2004: Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a law enforcement officer from a Halloween night arrest his junior year at Central Florida. All charges were ultimately dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after police in Orlando accused him of trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets at a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.

June 17, 2006: Marshall and his then-girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in an hours-long fight at Marshall's Orlando apartment. No arrests were made.

Jan 1, 2007: According to court testimony in the murder trial in which Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was the victim and Willie E. Clark was the defendant, Marshall and his cousin were involved in an altercation outside a downtown Denver nightclub with Willie E. Clark and Daniel "Ponytail" Harris. Prosecutors believe an enraged Clark followed a limousine that he thought Marshall and his cousin were in. Clark was found guilty of firing at least 15 shots into the crowded limousine that killed Williams. Marshall and his cousin were in another vehicle. Clark is serving a life sentence.

Jan. 24, 2007: Police interview Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to run him over with his car, while the father told police Marshall had shot a gun. Both declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: Watley told Atlanta police that Marshall had punched her and taken her purse while at a downtown hotel. Marshall left before police arrived and no charges were filed.

March 21, 2007: Police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in one night after two loud arguments. Both said the incidents were not physical, and no arrests were made.

March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Highlands Ranch, Colo., on charges of domestic violence and false imprisonment after another argument with Watley. Marshall hired attorney Harvey Steinberg to defend him and charges were dropped in May 2007.

June 8, 2007: Two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. The first was to investigate damage to private property when Watley's friend alleged that Marshall hit her car, in which Watley was a passenger, then threw a rock at the passenger door. In the other, Watley told police Marshall had cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not on the scene and no charges were filed.

June 30, 2007: Watley told Atlanta police Marshall had punched and choked her at his downtown condo, leaving a bruise on her eye and scratches on her body. He was not on scene and no charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested and charged with DUI after he allegedly was driving the wrong way on a one-way street in downtown Denver hours after a Broncos game.

March 4-6, 2008: Three incident reports (filed on consecutive days) and one criminal warrant were filed after Watley and Marshall got into a fight at his Atlanta condo. Watley told police Marshall had punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall told police his hand was also cut on glass during the incident, which included Watley's two younger sisters. Marshall was arrested on March 6 on a misdemeanor battery charge.

May 21, 2008: An Atlanta police officer was dispatched to Marshall's condo to enforce Watley's temporary restraining order while Watley was there removing her belongings. The officer described Marshall as being cooperative and Watley as being argumentative, though Watley told the officer she felt threatened by Marshall and his relatives who were also there.

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL announced that Marshall was suspended for first three games (it was later reduced to one) of the season for violating NFL personal conduct policy.

March 1, 2009: Marshall took part in a fierce argument with Watley (his fiancée at the time) that leads to their arrest on disorderly conduct charges. The charges are dismissed the next day.

Aug. 14, 2009: A six-person Atlanta jury acquits Marshall on a misdemeanor battery charge stemming from the March 6, 2008 incident.

Aug. 28, 2009: Coach Josh McDaniels suspends Marshall for the remainder of the preseason for conduct detrimental to the team the day after he lost his cool at practice, punting away a football and batting down balls in frustration. He was reinstated on Sept. 6.

Feb. 26, 2010: Marshall testifies for the prosecution in the murder trial of Willie Clark, the man accused of killing former Bronco Darrent Williams on Jan. 1, 2007. Marshall was out with Williams the night of the murder.

April 22, 2011: Michi Nogami-Marshall, the women whom Marshall married three weeks prior, is arrested and jailed after she admits to police she stabbed her husband with a kitchen knife in self-defense. Marshall is hospitalized following emergency surgery to repair a non-life threatening stab wound to his stomach.

June 10, 2011: Nogami-Marshall is arrested after violating restraining order to stay away from Brandon Marshall and the couple’s home.

July 14, 2011: Marshall reportedly tells with Florida state attorney’s office that his wife did not stab him.

July 29, 2011: Aggravated battery charges against Nogami-Marshall are dropped.

July 31, 2011: Brandon Marshall reveals he was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder earlier in the year.

March 11, 2012: Marshall allegedly punches a woman at a Manhattan nightclub.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
greengold
9 years ago
Then he gets traded to the Bears for pocket lint and seems to be reformed for a season or two.

Then he gets a big contract extension and this season he melts down again. Screaming at teammates in the locker room, threatening fans on twitter, throwing his supposed BFF Jay Cutler under the bus in a press conference ...

He is a total nutjob. Nothing "borderline" about his personality disorder.
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

Boy I'd love seeing Brandon Marshall catching balls from Aaron Rodgers!

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

I was thinking that too when I saw that list. With Ted's way of doing things, it's extremely doubtful it will happen even if we lose Cobb. He was the only one on the list I'd take over Cobb, and considering the age difference, Cobb is preferable even to him. Having both would sure be nice, though.

I just now read the post above about the off field problems. I'd STILL take Marshall over anybody else on that list.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
OlHoss1884
9 years ago
Marshall is a bad idea. He's 31 and coming off another injury plagued season. If he were in his prime you might want to risk the personality issues, but as an aging guy coming off injury, no thanks.

I think Adams will fill in nicely and there are a lot of good receivers in the draft. I also see Rodgers making more of an impact at TE so I just don't see investing in Cobb like that. Yes he's a good player but he's had 1 year without injury and despite his versatility he's not the level of weapon that a bigger or faster receiver could be.

Also, despite that we might have to overpay some of the secondary to keep them, I think that's a better investment at this point based on necessity and the weak crop in the draft this year.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Laser Gunns
9 years ago

Abbrederis, Janis or Boykin filling in for Cobb's production...

....:microwave

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

AGREE!

What exactly has Janis, Abby, or Boykin done to warrant ANY confidence they can replace Cobb.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.