Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
48 Pages123>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:51:25 AM(UTC)
Enter the GameDay Chat to discuss the game via the instant chat feature. Click HERE to watch the game!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 2 - 2 - 1 )
    Total Offense = 10th
    Passing Offense = 10th
    Rushing Offense = 19th

Total Defense = 5th
    Passing Defense = 3rd
    Rushing Defense = 16th

Points For = 23.0 (19th)
    Points Against = 22.8 (15th)

UserPostedImage
San Francisco 49ers ( 1 - 4 )
    Total Offense = 16th
    Passing Offense = 22nd
    Rushing Offense = 5th

Total Defense = 11th
    Passing Defense = 15th
    Rushing Defense = 7th

Points For = 23.6 (16th)
    Points Against = 29.2 (28th)
buckeyepackfan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:10:49 AM(UTC)
1. Chiefs………….5-0
2. Rams…………...5-0
3. Saints ………….4-1
4. Bengals…………4-1
5. Patriots…………3-2
6. Panthers…………3-1

7. Bears……………3-1
8. Chargers………..3-2
9. Dolphins………..3-2
10. Ravens………….3-2
11. Jaguars………….3-2

12. Vikings………….2-2-1
13. Titans……………3-2
14. Packers…………2-2-1
15. Browns…………..2-2-1
16. Steelers…………..2-2-1

17. Lions………………2-3
18. Texans……………2-3
19. Cowboys…………2-3
20. Eagles…………….2-3
21. Seahawks…………2-3

22. Falcons……………1-4
23. Redskins………..2-2
24. Bucs………………2-2
25. Bills……………….2-3
26. Jets………………...2-3

27. Raiders……………..1-4
28. Broncos……………2-3
29. Colts……………….1-4
30. Cardinals…………..1-4
31. 49rs……………….1-4
32. Giants……………..1-4

Packers dropped to #14, 49rs are 31st in my latest rankings.

Packers are at home.

Packers 35
49rs 14

Time for a much needed win, then a week to rest and get healthy before the 5 game gauntlet after the bye week.

As bad as they have looked at times this year, The Packers are still the #6 seed after 5 weeks.

Plenty of time to rebound.

Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:41:17 AM(UTC)
Beating up on a weak opponent won’t fix what is wrong with this team.
We saw it 2 weeks ago against the Bills.

Updated by user Tuesday, October 9, 2018 11:28:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

buckeyepackfan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:30:56 AM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
Beating up on a weak opponent won’t fix what is wrong with this team.
We saw it 2 weeks ago against the Bulls.

When are you going to realize there are no easy wins in the NFL.

That is why winning at home is so important

THE ONLY GAME THAT MATTERS IS THE NEXT GAME!

Everybody's talking about how The Packers should do this or The Packers should do that

Mike should have been fired 4 years ago.

Guess what he is still there.

He's not going anywhere this year.

I don't care what happens after this season.

I don't care what happened the last 5 weeks.

Reality is The Packers have a chance to be 3-2-1 after 6 weeks.

They win this week and they will be one of the top 6 teams in The NFC.

They don't have to be the best team after week 6, but they sure as hell can't be in the bottom 6

Still a long way to go.

Enjoy the Game!

DarkaneRules  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:36:42 AM(UTC)
Eager for the bye, the self-scouting, and more healing for Aaron. He's not right and his fundamentals are suffering. Plus, lack of practice reps with receivers won't help the offense get where it needs to be. Hoping for a win to get us back over 500.
nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:28:21 AM(UTC)
Only .5 games behind Chicago for the division.

9 games might even get a wildcard, with that tie. It's more like 9.5 games. Still, we need to get at least 10 to control our destiny.

Updated by moderator Monday, October 15, 2018 5:54:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cheesey  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 11:39:05 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
When are you going to realize there are no easy wins in the NFL.

That is why winning at home is so important

THE ONLY GAME THAT MATTERS IS THE NEXT GAME!

Everybody's talking about how The Packers should do this or The Packers should do that

Mike should have been fired 4 years ago.

Guess what he is still there.

He's not going anywhere this year.

I don't care what happens after this season.

I don't care what happened the last 5 weeks.

Reality is The Packers have a chance to be 3-2-1 after 6 weeks.

They win this week and they will be one of the top 6 teams in The NFC.

They don't have to be the best team after week 6, but they sure as hell can't be in the bottom 6

Still a long way to go.

Enjoy the Game!

I realize all that.
Fact is, this team, if it keeps playing at the low level it has this entire season so far, isn't going anywhere. Even if they lucked out, and got into the playoffs, they would be one and done.
Unless they WAKE UP and start playing like an NFL team immediately.
And I haven't seen anything (thus far) that gives me much hope. The defense still can't get any real pressure on quarterbacks. And if the guy is half decent, they will keep picking our D-backs apart.
And the offense? It USED to be our bright spot. It isn't anymore. They have yet to put together ONE decent game. Yes, they beat the Bills. They SHOULD have scored twice as many points as they did. And this last game? Close to 500 yards, yet could hardly get close to the endzone.

They have yet to show signs of life. Bad passes by AR, dropped balls when he does get it there, and ignoring the open guys short. This adds up to weekly disaster.
They HAVE been consistent......consistently bad. And with our defense, that wont keep us in games against even half decent opponents. We saw that with the Lions.
I still will be watching them, as they will ALWAYS be "my team". But I'm not happy with just how bad they have been through 5 games. Only 11 left, and if they don't put it together quickly, it will be just one more wasted year.
Maybe that's enough for some. Not for me. I guess I have been spoiled with all the good years. I hate that it seems like we are going back to the 70s and 80s, where we were happy if we just beat the Bears.
KRK  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 2:57:11 PM(UTC)
right side OL is going to be an issue.
nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:21:17 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
right side OL is going to be an issue.

Maybe run some 2 TE with Lewis. And get the freaking ball out.
Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 9:45:44 AM(UTC)
49ers 24
Green Bay 20

I don’t feel positive at all about this game. Too many injuries and bad play.
I hope I’m wrong.
Nonstopdrivel  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 9:47:14 AM(UTC)
Pink Elephant
Cheesey  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 9:49:52 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Pink Elephant

I’m seeing a dancing pink elephant.....and I don’t even drink!
Nonstopdrivel  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 9:50:45 AM(UTC)
Just because you don't drink doesn't mean you don't do acid or shrooms!
Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 5:56:55 AM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
49ers 24
Green Bay 20

I don’t feel positive at all about this game. Too many injuries and bad play.
I hope I’m wrong.

I want the Packers to win tonight. That said, I fear the Packers will win and go into the BYE week thinking they have right'd the ship. Packers win and McCarthy will be saying he's a highly successful QB and Aaron Rodgers will be smug in his post game conference with a look that says "see I told you we'd be okay".

The first half dozen or so games should give the Packers a great indicator of what is working and what is not working and go into the BYE week learn some new wrinkles and come out destroying NFL defenses so bad they can't tell what way they got murder slaughtered!!
Cheesey  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 7:19:07 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Just because you don't drink doesn't mean you don't do acid or shrooms!

The only “shrooms” I do are on my PIZZA!!!LOL
Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 10:52:19 AM(UTC)
I don't know if it matters much in the stadium, but holy shit balls it is windy!!
yooperfan  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 1:02:25 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't know if it matters much in the stadium, but holy shit balls it is windy!!

Supposed to be 38 degrees with 9 MPH winds WSW at kickoff.
No mention of any gusting winds.

porky88  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 2:44:44 PM(UTC)
This is a "get right" game. The Packers have the talent to compete in the NFC. They certainly have the talent to win the NFC North, especially with Minnesota looking more vulnerable than people anticipated. In other words, despite all the doom and gloom, there is still a lot to be hopeful about.

The Packers should dominate San Francisco. I'm not looking for a sloppy win (e.g., Buffalo, Chicago). I am looking for an emphatic win where everyone clicks on all cylinders. They haven't had a win like that since 2016.

Get that win against San Francisco, and things will be looking good heading into the bye and eventually their showdown with the L.A. Rams. Then we'll find out just what kind of team Green Bay will be this season.
Nonstopdrivel  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 4:56:32 PM(UTC)
Marc Sessler said:
The Packers know firsthand what the 49ers are going through.

It was a year ago today that Aaron Rodgers went down with a broken collarbone against the Vikings, sending Green Bay into new realms of total oblivion.

Three weeks removed from losing Jimmy Garoppolo to a season-ending ACL tear, the Niners (1-4) ride into Monday night minus their north star, leaving San Francisco fans with little to cling to in what amounts to a drifting campaign.

Feelings of aimlessness do not apply to Green Bay, a squad angling to author a win for just the second time in the past calendar month.

[...]

New coordinator Mike Pettine has brought creative flair to help the Packers notch a respectable 16 sacks in five outings. The unit allowed just 145 total yards in a rugged 20-0 trouncing of the Bills two weeks ago, but that result was sandwiched in between two losses that saw Green Bay give up 31 points to the Redskins and Lions.

Bottom line: We'd think differently about this team's place in the NFC had linebacker Clay Matthews not been flagged on a controversial roughing-the-passer penalty that wiped out a game-altering interception in Green Bay's Week 2 tie with the Vikings.

As for your plans, we suggest you dial in some middle-tier Chinese takeout, pour some overly priced craft beer and carve out some "me time" this evening on the couch. Kill Monday with style.
nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 5:00:02 PM(UTC)
Let's do this shit.
Rss Feed