KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
It seems to me that some of the finess/touch throws seem to be more problematic than when he lets it rip. Could the answer be less sinister than many believe...hand hypoesthesia. It occasionally happens post claviclesurgery. In this paper eight times.

Late complications following clavicular fractures and their operative management by CK Kitsis, AJ Marino, SJ Krikler, R Birch - Injury, 2003

It might explain why he seems to prefer to throw “all out” vs check downs, and why the ball got stuck (he didn’t release)

Are there any Dr.s who could opine.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago
To be honest I am still not sure that his shoulder is correct. It wasn't right last year against Carolina and he still has issues with strength and control. Many of his deep balls that used to be perfect have been underthrown all year. Not what we are used to.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is why I was wanting to go this season on his old contract before negotiating a new deal. I wanted to see whether his shoulder injury impacted his throwing before handing over the team's bank account for the next 4 or 5 years.

It could also be the knee, knee/shoulder combo or that he has been throwing with poor mechanics. Who knows. It is obvious that there is something off that our doctors probably know about and we will only hear about when the season becomes out of reach. My guess is like last year Aaron may end up on IR as soon as we are mathematically eliminated.
beast
5 years ago
I believe it's a lot more simple...

MM/Rodgers have been refusing to adapt because they're extremely confident to the point of arrogance, that their normal way works, and this season it's not because...

The lack as WR talent/chemistry in this system/season. Think about it, when has MM/Rodgers ever had this lack of depth/chemistry at the WR position? Almost never during their time with the Packers...

So MM/Rodgers have fully bought into the way they play, and bet on their system or style of play, betting on themselves instead of checking it down, because betting on themselves has worked well enough the last decade and they haven't realized this year is different and they need to do something different. I think Mike McCarthy is finally adjusting, but Rodgers hasn't yet.

So I think it's simply a case we're they've gotten used to being Mr. Superman... and now that the WR talent/chemistry is so dang down they're having to realize they need to share the burden with others and not do it all themselves... but I'm not sure that's sinking in for Rodgers or not.

As one phrase has it: Going up is the easy part, coming down is the hard part. And Rodgers needs to come down and share the burden of the ball with others namely Aaron Jones on checkdowns.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
I think the knee injury has a lot to do with it. He can’t step into the throw in a normal way.
Plus as was said already, he doesn’t have chemistry with any WR except Adams.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I think the knee injury has a lot to do with it. He can’t step into the throw in a normal way.
Plus as was said already, he doesn’t have chemistry with any WR except Adams.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Rodgers hasn't stepped into his throws for a few seasons now that I've observed.
UserPostedImage
Fitness
5 years ago
KRK said:

It seems to me that some of the finess/touch throws seem to be more problematic than when he lets it rip. Could the answer be less sinister than many believe...hand hypoesthesia. It occasionally happens post claviclesurgery. In this paper eight times.

Late complications following clavicular fractures and their operative management by CK Kitsis, AJ Marino, SJ Krikler, R Birch - Injury, 2003

It might explain why he seems to prefer to throw “all out” vs check downs, and why the ball got stuck (he didn’t release)

And then it gets in your head...somewhat like the "yips" in golfing. They can drive the ball off the tee, but at then you over-think the short stuff.

If you are correct, what is the prognosis?
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
1. It cant be major, but there clearly is something affecting his performance. So if he feels more comfortable, throw the damn ball harder.
2. Not to belabor this point as I have in the past, but that’s why I like slants, outs, and quick hitting patterns where he can fire the ball. We don’t seem to see many of these called for reasons i cannot fathom, especially since the young wide receivers can surely run those patterns.
3. I am not a doctor, but I have had shoulder surgery, in particular on my A/C joint, and I do have occasional numbness in my fingers.

I am just trying to figure it out.

The man has too much integrity to throw games and not do what he thinks is best for the team. So I can’t buy some of the reasons listed on this and other threads.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
Interestingly, Aaron Rodgers has a losing record on the road for his career.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

1. It cant be major, but there clearly is something affecting his performance. So if he feels more comfortable, throw the damn ball harder.
2. Not to belabor this point as I have in the past, but that’s why I like slants, outs, and quick hitting patterns where he can fire the ball. We don’t seem to see many of these called for reasons i cannot fathom, especially since the young wide receivers can surely run those patterns.
3. I am not a doctor, but I have had shoulder surgery, in particular on my A/C joint, and I do have occasional numbness in my fingers.

I am just trying to figure it out.

The man has too much integrity to throw games and not do what he thinks is best for the team. So I can’t buy some of the reasons listed on this and other threads.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Not sure about the throwig games part. I mean, he may view that AS long term best interest of the team, for getting ride of Mike.

Dude was looking right at his checkdowns, wouldn't throw the ball.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
yooperfan
5 years ago
Rodgers is a lot off.
I guess he got that mega contract based on what he has done in the past.
Based on the present I certainly don't think he's worth the money.
Fan Shout
beast (2h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (2h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (2h) : fuck
beast (3h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (3h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (4h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (4h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (4h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (4h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (4h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (4h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (5h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (6h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (6h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (6h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (6h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.