Discussion Board
yooperfan
  • Posts: 5212
  • Joined: 8/7/2008
I know that LeFleur is a rookie coach but he needs to make better decisions.
Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal could have cost the Packers a big win.
I do believe that the offense will get better.
Zero2Cool
  • Posts: 38379
  • Joined: 10/14/2006
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I know that LeFleur is a rookie coach but he needs to make better decisions.
Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal could have cost the Packers a big win.
I do believe that the offense will get better.



That was not on Matt LaFleur. Aaron Rodgers owned up to it in his press conference too. Rodgers assumed based on the ball placement that it was 1st down.

yooperfan
  • Posts: 5212
  • Joined: 8/7/2008
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That was not on Matt LaFleur. Aaron Rodgers owned up to it in his press conference too. Rodgers assumed based on the ball placement that it was 1st down.


Thanks for that information.
It shouldn't be up to Rodgers to assume anything in a tight game like that.
Who's in charge?

Zero2Cool
  • Posts: 38379
  • Joined: 10/14/2006
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Thanks for that information.
It shouldn't be up to Rodgers to assume anything in a tight game like that.
Who's in charge?



Coach said it was something he needs to relay to the QB better and also said he should have burned a time out. Sounds like this is a learning process and maybe fans should really chill the hell out on the whole blaming stuff.
yooperfan
  • Posts: 5212
  • Joined: 8/7/2008
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Coach said it was something he needs to relay to the QB better and also said he should have burned a time out. Sounds like this is a learning process and maybe fans should really chill the hell out on the whole blaming stuff.


What!
Fans can't see flaws and bring them up?

gbguy20
  • Posts: 5162
  • Joined: 8/28/2009
Sure they can. Stupid comments like whose in charge are annoying as shit though. It's one thing for florio to pound away on that topic but for the fans here to do the same just makes me want to slam my face into the wall
yooperfan
  • Posts: 5212
  • Joined: 8/7/2008
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Sure they can. Stupid comments like whose in charge are annoying as shit though. It's one thing for florio to pound away on that topic but for the fans here to do the same just makes me want to slam my face into the wall


Do it!😝

Cheesey
  • Posts: 13210
  • Joined: 7/28/2008
I can understand why fans voice their displeasure at messed up plays.
After all, that’s why we are fans! We CARE so much! If we didn’t care, we wouldn’t watch the games, or get emotional about wins and losses.
Even if you don’t agree with a fan voicing their opinions, can you say they are “wrong” for feeling that way?
go.pack.go.
  • Posts: 3443
  • Joined: 11/12/2008
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I can understand why fans voice their displeasure at messed up plays.
After all, that’s why we are fans! We CARE so much! If we didn’t care, we wouldn’t watch the games, or get emotional about wins and losses.
Even if you don’t agree with a fan voicing their opinions, can you say they are “wrong” for feeling that way?



When some people literally look for any little reason to question whether or not Rodgers & LaFleur like each other, yes.
steveishere
  • Posts: 3426
  • Joined: 7/28/2012
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Thanks for that information.
It shouldn't be up to Rodgers to assume anything in a tight game like that.
Who's in charge?



It's not that simple though. In the instance of a bad spot that gives an advantage to GB you want the QB to try and hurry the next snap before the other team can challenge. Rodgers just misjudged it this time, it's football.
Zero2Cool
  • Posts: 38379
  • Joined: 10/14/2006
Originally Posted by: steveishere 

It's not that simple though. In the instance of a bad spot that gives an advantage to GB you want the QB to try and hurry the next snap before the other team can challenge. Rodgers just misjudged it this time, it's football.



That is exactly what happened. Aaron believed they got the first and wanted to get a play off before the spot could be reviewed.

This is also why Aaron was jawing with the referee after the play. They were signaling that it was Vikings ball and Rodgers was expecting it to be 2nd down.
Cheesey
  • Posts: 13210
  • Joined: 7/28/2008
Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

When some people literally look for any little reason to question whether or not Rodgers & LaFleur like each other, yes.



That’s true. Conspiracy theories in something like this gets old fast.
I get frustrated by that too.
go.pack.go.
  • Posts: 3443
  • Joined: 11/12/2008
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That is exactly what happened. Aaron believed they got the first and wanted to get a play off before the spot could be reviewed.

This is also why Aaron was jawing with the referee after the play. They were signaling that it was Vikings ball and Rodgers was expecting it to be 2nd down.



I noticed that. I figured he was trying to get 12 men on the field by hiking it so fast. All makes sense now though.
Users browsing this topic
  • Guest
Fan Shout
Porforis (20-Feb) : Merge the NFL with the Arena Football League, CFL, and XFL.
Nonstopdrivel (20-Feb) : There are only four teams per division. How are they going to admit seven teams per division to the playoffs? 🤔
Porforis (20-Feb) : I mean yes, that extra team will likely end up being that team in a competitive conference that didnt' get in because of that sub-500 team and the dumb rules, but you'll still have that bad team in th
Porforis (20-Feb) : There's already people screaming for rule changes everytime a .500 or below team makes the playoffs, now you want to let MORE bad teams get in?
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : Almost half a conference makes playoffs????
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : stupid idea
buckeyepackfan (20-Feb) : 7 teams from each division make playoffs starting 2020. 17 game schedule coming lin a year or two.
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : it works every time if you are not viewing the forum. stupid, i know.
gbguy20 (20-Feb) : took me 4 tries to get that to go through. i can amost never get this chatbox to work anymore, and that is using the send button. no matter what device im using.
gbguy20 (20-Feb) : still don't have a new WR coach...i feel like this has been forgotten about.
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : Adding something
KRK (19-Feb) : Z, I screwed up in the Cleveland thread wanting to start a new topic...1000 pardons
Zero2Cool (19-Feb) : Report: Josh Rosen 'likely' to stay in Miami
Zero2Cool (19-Feb) : What makes him a jackwagon?
gbguy20 (18-Feb) : jimmy still the highest paid jackwagon around
Zero2Cool (18-Feb) : Former Panthers TE Greg Olsen is signing a one-year, $7 million deal with the Seahawks, per @AdamSchefter
Packerchick (15-Feb) : yep its been awhile hasnt it
Packerchick (15-Feb) : yes I am
yooperfan (15-Feb) : It's been a while but are you the chick from the Ashland/Superior area?
wpr (15-Feb) : missing you
Packerchick (15-Feb) : everyone
Packerchick (15-Feb) : I missed everyoe
Packerchick (15-Feb) : Hello. Its been a long time for me here. How is everyone?
Zero2Cool (14-Feb) : Redskins are releasing CB Josh Norman, source says. Intriguing situation to watch, as he now has time to find his new team ahead of free agency
Zero2Cool (11-Feb) : Former CB Davon House, who played six seasons in Green Bay, has retired as a member of the #Packers.
gbguy20 (11-Feb) : nope
beast (11-Feb) : I can't seem to pull up PFT articles on my phone, anyone else having this problem?
Zero2Cool (10-Feb) : Packers name Connor Lewis offensive quality control coach
Zero2Cool (10-Feb) : Vikings added former Packers’ DC Dom Capers to the 2020 coaching staff as senior defensive assistant.
Nonstopdrivel (9-Feb) : These guys look so much smaller than NFL players.
Nonstopdrivel (9-Feb) : The feed seems fuzzy. Are they broadcasting the games in SD?
Zero2Cool (9-Feb) : i did. it was entertaining. i'll watch again if its over the air
hardrocker950 (9-Feb) : anyone watching XFL?
Zero2Cool (8-Feb) : That should be gooder with the update. But gotta wait until it's stable
wpr (7-Feb) : I guess you have post, "Read, no additional comments."
Porforis (7-Feb) : I mean, I regularly lurk but I really don't pay attention to offseason moves, the draft, etc so I don't have much to add.
gbguy20 (6-Feb) : Hate the offseason. only like 17 active users here during the season and turns into 2 in the offseason
Zero2Cool (6-Feb) : Yeah, shout doesn't work while viewing the forum all that well.
wpr (6-Feb) : Hey! My shout finally worked. First time in a couple of weeks! Nice!
wpr (6-Feb) : It's been kind of slow around here.
buckeyepackfan (6-Feb) : Bill to re-name bridge after Bart Starr moving forward
Zero2Cool (4-Feb) : Oh boy, we got mock drafts already.
Zero2Cool (4-Feb) : Abbreviations are the downfall to humans. Lazy as shit.
gbguy20 (4-Feb) : RIH is a concerning thing to say
buckeyepackfan (4-Feb) : RIH Wille Wood
Mucky Tundra (3-Feb) : You know, I'm not sure. Maybe it was both drops and overshots?
KRK (3-Feb) : Re MVS, he kind of lost me when he didn't get his feet in bounds on a potential easy TD catch. Great speed, I am not sure of the rest of the game.
Zero2Cool (3-Feb) : Were drops the issue or was the issue Rodgers couldn't hit him in stride?
Mucky Tundra (3-Feb) : I felt after his drops became an issue for MVS they should have used him on some jet sweeps to take things back to square one for him (do one thing and do it well and go from there)
Zero2Cool (3-Feb) : Can't help feeling Valdes-Scantling could be doing Deebo Samuel stuff
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2019 Packers Schedule
Thursday, Sep 5 @ 7:20 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
BRONCOS
Thursday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Cowboys
Monday, Oct 14 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
RAIDERS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 7:20 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
Chargers
Sunday, Nov 10 @ 3:25 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Dec 1 @ 12:00 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 8 @ 12:00 PM
REDSKINS
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 12:00 PM
BEARS
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21-Feb / Around The NFL / wpr

21-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

20-Feb / GameDay Threads / Nonstopdrivel

19-Feb / Around The NFL / KRK

18-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

17-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15-Feb / Community Welcome! / gbguy20

15-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

13-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.