Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2020-07-01T13:26:14Z
LombardiAve wrote:

With the Packers in need of playmakers at the receiver position, would it make sense to bring in Antonio Brown? Before everyone gets all excited, this isn't me saying they will. The Green Bay Packers tend to stay away from players who may bring a lot of unneeded attention to the small town of Green

Continue Reading @ LombardiAve 

Wrong. He's not worth the risk. Next.
shield4life
2020-07-12T05:21:18Z
I would welcome AB in Green Bay. Brings way to much talent to pass on. AB opens up the field and draws a lot of double coverage.
Cheesey
2020-07-12T16:31:47Z
The ONLY way I’d even consider it would be with contract clauses that would void his contract if he acted up.
beast
2020-07-12T16:42:15Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

The ONLY way I’d even consider it would be with contract clauses that would void his contract if he acted up.

I think a no guarantee or incentive-based contract would be easy to do...

That being said, outside of maybe the draft (on upside potential), the recent Packers have never been the most risk takers, and all these teams have stayed clearly of Brown.

Also, this scheme is built around getting the running game and short passes going to set up the long balls... in other words a WR might not be as much a focal point in this offense, and Brown might have to be willing to be the #2 WR with Rodgers/Adams connection. The way he's been acting, I have a hard time seeing him living with being anything but #1 on his team.

Talent wise, I'd love it, but personality wise, I'm thinking it'd be a bad fit... as Brown has gotten more and more public, and that'll just make Rodgers stay further and further away... plus Lazard, while less talented, is an excellent blocker for a WR, which goes well with the running game, and he's a down the field threat for jump balls with perfect boxing out technic. While Lazard has a lot of flaws, to this system might be the best NFL system for him.

Plus while he's not complete, MVS had a great short stretch there which if he can do over a full season he could be a #2... plus Rodgers has been a bit behind with the speed WRs which would only upset Brown.
Cheesey
2020-07-12T19:45:24Z
You are right Beast.
The possible headache he could cause would offset any positive things he might bring.
Why upset the apple cart for this one guy, that might help or end up tearing the team apart?
Not worth the headache.
When the Packers picked up Andre Rison towards the end of their super bowl 31 season, he was thought of as a troubled player. Being as it was a short time, GB took a chance and it paid off. But it could have blown up in their faces. Of course they didn’t have much of a choice, as they were down Robert Brooks, and were desperate. They aren’t in that position now.
Zero2Cool
2020-07-12T19:55:58Z
I'd take any player if it's on a incentive based contract. Andre Rison worked out well for us and I think that was just a one year deal. I don't think Antonio Brown is worth big guarantee, but I would be open to letting him prove me wrong.
nyrpack
2020-07-27T23:38:18Z
I’d take a chance with ab, just has to be the right amount of money , ab and davante would be a 1-2 punch 2nd to none !!
Smokey
Zero2Cool
2020-07-28T12:15:27Z
Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

I’d take a chance with ab, just has to be the right amount of money , ab and davante would be a 1-2 punch 2nd to none !!

You've talked me into it. Let's sign Antonio Brown on a one year prove it deal and let someone else sign him for big money. Maybe we'll get a compensatory pick out of the deal for 2022?
Cheesey
2020-07-28T16:42:14Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You've talked me into it. Let's sign Antonio Brown on a one year prove it deal and let someone else sign him for big money. Maybe we'll get a compensatory pick out of the deal for 2022?

That could work. He might be able to behave for one season.
Andre Rison was supposed to be a big headache. Yet he was fine for his short time here.
As I said before, have it listed in the contract that if he acts the fool then they can get rid of him with no loss to the team.
Would he be willing to be the #2 guy to Adams?
Zero2Cool
2020-07-28T19:14:17Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That could work. He might be able to behave for one season.
Andre Rison was supposed to be a big headache. Yet he was fine for his short time here.
As I said before, have it listed in the contract that if he acts the fool then they can get rid of him with no loss to the team.
Would he be willing to be the #2 guy to Adams?

I don't think he would need to be. Davante comes off humble enough to say "I'm good being #2, but really I feel more like I'm 1B". I don't know the man, so just speculation.
Cheesey
2020-07-29T00:44:19Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't think he would need to be. Davante comes off humble enough to say "I'm good being #2, but really I feel more like I'm 1B". I don't know the man, so just speculation.

True....I haven’t heard a peep from Adams’ sister!😜
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (33m) : Sources: New York Giants fear RB Saquon Barkley tore ACL
TheKanataThrilla (35m) : Herbert playing well for the Chargers.
Smokey (43m) : ... and the band played on.
Mucky Tundra (44m) : after those two I think it's gonna be a long time before see another RB stick around as long as those two, esp with a similar workload
Zero2Cool (49m) : Cowboys win. unreal.
TheKanataThrilla (53m) : WTF Falcons?
TheKanataThrilla (55m) : It is amazing that a RB can play that long. Gore and Peterson are amazing in their longevity in probably the toughest position in the NFL in terms of health
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Frank Gore, who fell to the 3rd round in the 2004 draft due to durability concerns, will play in his 228th game. That's a new record for RBs
Zero2Cool (1h) : @IKE_Packers 2 games 2 wins 85 points 1010 yards total offensive 6 touchdowns 0 turnovers
Zero2Cool (1h) : @MikeGarafolo Kyle Shanahan says Nick Bosa likely tore his ACL
Zero2Cool (4h) : @RobDemovsky Based on warmups, it would appear the Packers are going with Rick Wagner at right tackle and Lucas Patrick at right guard. Billy Turner might just be available in an emergency.
Zero2Cool (5h) : #Packers inactives: T Billy Turner and G Lucas Patrick are active. Out: QB Jordan Love CB Parry Nickerson LB Randy Ramsey G Lane Taylor TE Josiah Deguara DL Kenny Clark
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Lions DT Nick Williams (shoulder) has been downgraded to OUT for Sunday’s game at Green Bay.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : So, Franchise Tag Bakhtiari. Hope for long term deal. Trade one of the smith's because Gary makes them expendable. Boom. Roster management is easy! 😁🤔☺️
beast (19-Sep) : After Clark resigned, the big ones are Bak, Jones, Linsley and King
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Do we have any other player needing a contract?
TheKanataThrilla (19-Sep) : Wondering if we Franchise Bakh for a year and then release him? I can't see a long term deal.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : LT David bakhtiari wants more than Tunsil. So he's gone.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers game status report vs. Lions: Out: DL Kenny Clark, WR Equanimeous St. Brown, OLB Randy Ramsey Questionable: TE Josiah Deguara, OL Billy Turner, S Raven Greene, DL Montravius Adams, OL Lucas
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : won't be hard. he hasn't been able to string two games of dominance together in years
wpr (18-Sep) : I guess this means the Packers can key on shutting down AP.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Lions WR Kenny Golladay officially out for Sunday vs. the #Packers.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Kenny Clark is OUT for Sunday. Bummer.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo has won his second consecutive MVP award, sources tell ESPN.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Steve Smith Sr. on @nflnetwork regarding @obj : "you're either playing with butterflies or eatin' boogers..."
jdlax (18-Sep) : Big week for 2-0
jdlax (18-Sep) : 1-0 and the lions are the lions sooooooo
Smokey (18-Sep) : The Bungals? I tossed a coin for my pick!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Why did I think Bengals were gonna win this. 😭🙈😱💨💣
wpr (17-Sep) : great news.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : @ByRyanWood Good news for #Packers offensive line: Billy Turner (knee) and Lucas Patrick (shoulder) are practicing in pads today.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Packers Wednesday injury report: - Clark, Taylor, Ramsey DNP - M. Adams, Deguara, Greene, Jenkins, Patrick, St. Brown, Turner limited participation - Burks was a full participant
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Packers signed veteran DE Billy Winn to their practice squad.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : @ProFootballTalk Jared Veldheer visiting Cowboys
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : ✔ @ClayTravis Breaking: Big Ten has unanimously voted to bring football back. Announcement this morning.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Michael Thomas is expected to miss several weeks with a high-ankle injury, per @TomPelissero
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Lions are placing CB Justin Coleman on injured reserve because of the hamstring strain he suffered Sunday
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : 🚀😳🧐💯🔳😊🙈 Phone emoji
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : @TomSilverstein LaFleur said he is still waiting to hear where things stand with NT Kenny Clark, who injured his groin.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : As @TomPelissero said, the Packers have lost Lane Taylor to a season-ending knee injury, a source confirmed.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : The guy is Marcus Davenport. he was not active yesterday.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : @AdamSchefter Update: Browns’ TE David Njoku has a sprained MCL and is expected to miss three weeks, per source.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Saints drafted a guy after trading with Packers. How's that guy doing?
beast (14-Sep) : Last year the Packers released Lazard and he became our 2nd best WR, this year release Barnes and he might be our 2nd best ILB.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Saints WR Michael Thomas might miss our week three game with high ankle sprain.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Packers OL Lucas Patrick, who started yesterday’s opener at left guard before leaving with a shoulder injury, got good news on his tests and should be probable to play next week, source said.
yooperfan (14-Sep) : Perhaps Barnes will get more playing time and turn into the ILB that we’re looking for.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : @zachkruse2 UDFA ILB Krys Barnes was the Packers' highest-graded defensive player at @PFF in Week 1.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : For some reason, I thought Cardinals beat 49ers twice last year, so I picked Cardinals yesterday.
beast (14-Sep) : 49ers defense has always struggled against mobile QBs, Cards and Hawks in the division can give them hell, and Cards have a ton of offensive weapons, tons of WRs.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
14m / Around The NFL / Cheesey

29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19-Sep / Random Babble / Cheesey

19-Sep / Random Babble / Cheesey

19-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

19-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Sep / Random Babble / Smokey

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.