Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#31 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:05:10 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky

Applause Given: 376
Applause Received: 483

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Our defense needs to replace its lazy turd, old declining guy, and piece of dog shit that we trot out their and pass them off as capable starters in this league.


Raji, Pickett and Jennings? Think
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#32 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:07:24 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,367

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I'll leave the politics alone, since you wimped out of those discussions a long time ago, but on the football side:



Nobody wimps out in political talk with you. They all just recognize your bat shit crazy stupid views and pass you off as incorrigible. I, on the other hand, am a tremendous glutton for punishment and am very stubborn. And of course - am never wrong. Big Grin
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 1/26/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 1/26/2014(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:28:42 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Nobody wimps out in political talk with you. They all just recognize your bat shit crazy stupid views and pass you off as incorrigible. I, on the other hand, am a tremendous glutton for punishment and am very stubborn. And of course - am never wrong. Big Grin


yeah right - I applaud your effort - lame as it is.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 12:14:13 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

I am glad we have all the answers right here on this forum.

A Note to whoever the hell is above Ted Thompson these days, still Mark Murphy?

Here is what needs to be done.

1. Fire Ted Thompson,according to some on here he doesn't have a clue anymore,and pretty much never did, he just got lucky 8 years ago,so why the hell is he still here?

2. Fire Dom Capers, sorry Ted Thompson has given you a bunch of bums to work with(according to our experts), but those are the breaks, get the hell out.

3. Fire Campen, no clue how he kept his job, doesn't matter The Packers finished #7 overall in rushing, and was still a top 5 passing offense while using 4 different QB's, according to our sources, the Offensive line pretty much sucked the whole year, so bye bye Campen!!!

3. Cut loose, A.J. Hawk, Ryan Pickett, Jarret Bush, Tramon Williams, John Kuhn and James Jones, these guys are old and can't play anymore.
Doesn't matter that Hawk and Pickett were there every game, trying to compensate for the lack of experienced players around them and one HUGE disappointment by the name of B.J. Raji.

Doesn't matter Bush and Williams had their best years since 2010, doesn't matter without Kuhn, The Packers would have never made the playoffs, and although Jones played through injuries and had his best year(yardage wise) yet, it doesn't matter,time for all of them to go.

No room for veterans on this team!!!!!!

4.Sign Sam Shields and Jarius Byrd, the rest of The Packers FA's haven't lived up to their potential, so let them go.

Mr. Murphy, whoever you decide to bring in, although by now it's pretty slim pickings, to be the new GM, whoever it is, he will be able to stock The Packers roster with whomever he wants, as long as they agree to come to Green Bay for minimum pay.

After Rodgers, Mathews, Shields and Byrd. there will be no money left to sign anyone else.

This should lead to a real exciting year in 2014 as we all watch The Packer Team we all wanted.

Because playing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier FA's along with a bunch of rookies and UFA's has always led to the right combinaton for a winning season.

Last but not least, EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO GO THROUGH YOGA CLASSES!!!!!!!!
We all know that yoga is the solution to all the injuries!!!!

Either listen to us Mr. Murphy, or YOU CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF GREEN BAY ALSO!!!!








Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline DakotaT  
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:43:19 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,367

Buckeye, maybe you have an explanation as to why our offense gets shackled down every time they play a physical defense? I mean we have a top ten offensive line according to "statistics". But then again, some of us realize that statistics are completely arbitrary against the competition you are playing, now aren't they? Our O-line is serviceable at best - only 1 possible All Pro in the group. I think it is becoming painfully obvious that we are becoming the Sherman Packers all over again. A team that buckles when it gets punched in the mouth.

You do have one thing right though - the Packers have too much $$$$ wrapped up in two players.

Also, why you insist on chastising some of us on our critiquing of sub-par play is beyond me, but it is a free country, for us Negative Nancy's as well as you Pom Pom Pollys.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 1/26/2014(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 1/27/2014(UTC), yooperfan on 1/28/2014(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:14:27 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,087
Applause Received: 528

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Nobody wimps out in political talk with you. They all just recognize your bat shit crazy stupid views and pass you off as incorrigible. I, on the other hand, am a tremendous glutton for punishment and am very stubborn. And of course - am never wrong. Big Grin


Indeed. I'd rather have a discussion with my dog. It would make more sense. But then again, he is a Labrador Retriever. =)
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 1/27/2014(UTC), wpr on 1/27/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#37 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 6:32:04 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
Indeed. I'd rather have a discussion with my dog. It would make more sense. But then again, he is a Labrador Retriever. =)


I love Labs.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 1/27/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#38 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 7:00:10 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
Indeed. I'd rather have a discussion with my dog. It would make more sense. But then again, he is a Labrador Retriever. =)


alright Dodd this thread has ran its course. bring on the lab photos and chat. Big Grin
it would be more entertaining.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 7:04:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I am glad we have all the answers right here on this forum.

A Note to whoever the hell is above Ted Thompson these days, still Mark Murphy?

Here is what needs to be done.

1. Fire Ted Thompson,according to some on here he doesn't have a clue anymore,and pretty much never did, he just got lucky 8 years ago,so why the hell is he still here?

2. Fire Dom Capers, sorry Ted Thompson has given you a bunch of bums to work with(according to our experts), but those are the breaks, get the hell out.

3. Fire Campen, no clue how he kept his job, doesn't matter The Packers finished #7 overall in rushing, and was still a top 5 passing offense while using 4 different QB's, according to our sources, the Offensive line pretty much sucked the whole year, so bye bye Campen!!!

3. Cut loose, A.J. Hawk, Ryan Pickett, Jarret Bush, Tramon Williams, John Kuhn and James Jones, these guys are old and can't play anymore.
Doesn't matter that Hawk and Pickett were there every game, trying to compensate for the lack of experienced players around them and one HUGE disappointment by the name of B.J. Raji.

Doesn't matter Bush and Williams had their best years since 2010, doesn't matter without Kuhn, The Packers would have never made the playoffs, and although Jones played through injuries and had his best year(yardage wise) yet, it doesn't matter,time for all of them to go.

No room for veterans on this team!!!!!!

4.Sign Sam Shields and Jarius Byrd, the rest of The Packers FA's haven't lived up to their potential, so let them go.

Mr. Murphy, whoever you decide to bring in, although by now it's pretty slim pickings, to be the new GM, whoever it is, he will be able to stock The Packers roster with whomever he wants, as long as they agree to come to Green Bay for minimum pay.

After Rodgers, Mathews, Shields and Byrd. there will be no money left to sign anyone else.

This should lead to a real exciting year in 2014 as we all watch The Packer Team we all wanted.

Because playing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier FA's along with a bunch of rookies and UFA's has always led to the right combinaton for a winning season.

Last but not least, EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO GO THROUGH YOGA CLASSES!!!!!!!!
We all know that yoga is the solution to all the injuries!!!!

Either listen to us Mr. Murphy, or YOU CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF GREEN BAY ALSO!!!!


As fans, it is our right and our freedom to state what we feel needs to be changed. Do any of us really feel we are smarter than those in charge? Sure we do, hiding behind our screens we feel super macho, but you put any one of us in the hot seat of making these decisions ... these decisions that dictate whether we can continue to provide for our family and I bet a good deal of us would buckle massively under the pressure.

It's no different than us saying "we can make a 30 yard field goal every time!!" or "I could have caught that pass!!! wow you suck!!" ... fact of the matter is if we could, we would be doing it and raking six or seven figures annually.

As for whats wrong with the defense. It's the players, they are too young and green. They play scared to make a mistake instead of eager to make a play.




"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
play2win on 1/27/2014(UTC), wpr on 1/27/2014(UTC), yooperfan on 1/28/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#40 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 7:52:22 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
As fans, it is our right and our freedom to state what we feel needs to be changed. Do any of us really feel we are smarter than those in charge? Sure we do, hiding behind our screens we feel super macho, but you put any one of us in the hot seat of making these decisions ... these decisions that dictate whether we can continue to provide for our family and I bet a good deal of us would buckle massively under the pressure.

It's no different than us saying "we can make a 30 yard field goal every time!!" or "I could have caught that pass!!! wow you suck!!" ... fact of the matter is if we could, we would be doing it and raking six or seven figures annually.

As for whats wrong with the defense. It's the players, they are too young and green. They play scared to make a mistake instead of eager to make a play.






All the more reason to add a veteran presence on D, maybe two. Players who are top talents that know the game and have the experience. They know how to prepare, how to commit themselves to film study, and how to break down an opponent's intentions in real time before the snap.

I think this is exactly what Tramon Williams was alluding to when he said we are too young. Many of our players are learning the way from other young, inexperienced players, looking to win a job. This, to me, is a big flaw in the D & D system. You can't keep stacking young draftees and UDFAs onto your team and expect them to rise to the top, without solid veterans to show them the way.

Brad Jones would be considered a veteran player, so is MD Jennings in Capers' eyes. Both players are not very good players at their respective positions. And, now we have other young talents hoping to win a job away from players like this, players who simply don't get the job done to varying degrees. So, how high is the bar then?

Ted needs to add two top talents to our D. S and OLB would be perfect positions to add them, and rather than waste precious cap dollars retaining our own players who are part of the problem, just because they are ours, we should be looking for better options and doing everything we can to sign them, including cutting away the poor decisions we have made previously, even if we have to take a cap hit. Cut our losses, and add better talent through all the means at our disposal: FA, trade and the draft.

Brad Jones $12M over 3 years
Morgan Burnett $24M over 4 years

In hindsight, those are looking like some pretty big miscues in cap management and player procurement. Neither player is living up to his contract. Looking back, I didn't expect Burnett to fall off the face of the earth at SS. I wonder where he ranks in the NFL...

Ted offered $8M per year to BJ Raji. That appears to have been a big mistake, one that we are not suffering for because Raji turned it down. We got lucky, but I wonder still if he won't be re-signed.

Mistakes have been made, no doubt. Time to right the ship.

Message modified by user Monday, January 27, 2014 8:40:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages«<23456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis