uffda udfa
9 years ago

Ahhhh.. I certainly used the incorrect word. Bravo.. but did you get the point of the message. Yes.

Ironically, I don't think I stated Boykin is better than Jeffery. As far as my ridiculous commentary I made this offseason; refresh my memory as I must have driveled in excess because I am not sure of the statements in question. Are we talking about the renewing Ted thread? Payback? For what?

As I stated... your agenda is simple, stir the pot and sling shit everywhere.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Actually, you can use the search function on the Jeffery stuff. It was great reading in the offseason. Boykin sure didn't do you any favors, this season, after you touted him so highly. EDIT: I owe you an apology... it was actually Dexter Sinister who was drinking and spewing the Boykin Koolaid this offseason. My sincere apology for indicting you. I recalled you as one of the wiser posters here but somehow thought you were the Boykin promoter.

Just had to take a little shot at you regarding proper language usage. I've noticed an epidemic on Packers boards regarding dominate and dominant. Also, personal vs. personnel. If we all went to school in WI this shouldn't be happening as our educational system is among the finest in the country. I don't want our good name besmirched by improper usage.

My agenda is simple...it is not what you state it is. What my agenda is is this... to have people consider more than the typical beer swilling tv watching fan would consider. I don't care whether you agree with me, or not, really...it's about providing another view that is contrary to the mainline thinking that is in all fans. I believe what I type. It is not meant to stir the pot, but that is what it does because, as I said, there is a common denominator thinking in most fans...just base level things that the majority can relate to. Kind of like the NFL trying to make the game more women friendly so that they can be added to the pot of fans who spend money and time watching the game. The goal isn't educated fans...it's fans.

A very good example of how I think I differ is in the way this loss played with the masses of Packers fans. Most will react by what they hear come out of player and coaching quotes, or their favorite Packers pundit. Most of what that is is as fluffy as cotton candy. Fans look to each other for solace and convincing that everything is going to be okay. Fans want to hold hands and shout GO PACK GO...it is simpler and much more fun than dealing with reality. Pack now ensured itself that it goes on the road for the chip unless the 1 seed loses. That is simply DEVASTATING. A blown opportunity of epic proportions. Average fan thinks nothing has changed...Pack still can win the whole thing. So much has changed it's sickening.

A second example and a better one is the whole R E L A X thing. It was very clear why Rodgers said that. We wound up winning a bunch of games and fans bought that crapola line. Why did Aaron say R E L A X? Simple...he looked at the schedule and saw a cupcake fest coming over the next several weeks. He knew he would face no legit stud defense for a long long time. So, R E L A X really was a shout out to the difficulty of the upcoming schedule. All of a sudden the team gets drilled in New Orleans and sky is falling. We win a few more and we're unstoppable. Nothing has changed from the beginning of this season. We aren't equipped to beat teams with great defenses plain and simple. We haven't beaten them over the last several years and we sure aren't beating them this year. I would bet everything I own Aaron Rodgers would not tell Packers fans to R E L A X when the playoffs start because he knows he ain't seeing cupcakes in the playoffs.

What happens when you post something that conflicts with the pie in the sky fantasies people have? Yup... pot gets stirred...lots of negative reaction. Again, it isn't done purposely...it is just what I believe and what I believe riles people up because they don't want to hear that kind of stuff as it doesn't fit with what they want to believe. Next thing I know, I'm being accused of being a Bears fan or Vikings fan all because I try very hard to be objective not subjective like a typical fan.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Pack93z
9 years ago

Next thing I know, I'm being accused of being a Bears fan or Vikings fan all because I try very hard to be objective not subjective like a typical fan.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I can't speak for others, but what I see out of you isn't objectivity. There is nothing wrong with being objective at all. How is stitching together a thought dealing with a comment made by his girlfriend and making it into a reason for a bad game objective? Hell it isn't even original.

You throw out that theory, but fail to look at the physical play of the Buffalo defense.. the down field contact that was allowed and the design of the defense trying to make our 3rd and 4th receivers and tight ends beat them. Personally, I hope the NFL allows more contact by the defenders.. not muggings but a good bump here and a grab there.. would even out the playing field between the defense and offense.

That seems more plausible than him fretting over a comment and dwelling on it for days.

There is no doubt Boykin didn't cease hold of moment this season.. regression absolutely. I did search Boykin with my name as the poster.. nothing ludicrous for sure and nothing in relation to Jeffery. Please refresh my memory.

Are we keeping count of missteps in valuing a player? Haven't seen a ton do player evals well.. and they are making millions more than I.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
uffda udfa
9 years ago

I can't speak for others, but what I see out of you isn't objectivity. There is nothing wrong with being objective at all. How is stitching together a thought dealing with a comment made by his girlfriend and making it into a reason for a bad game objective? Hell it isn't even original.

You throw out that theory, but fail to look at the physical play of the Buffalo defense.. the down field contact that was allowed and the design of the defense trying to make our 3rd and 4th receivers and tight ends beat them. Personally, I hope the NFL allows more contact by the defenders.. not muggings but a good bump here and a grab there.. would even out the playing field between the defense and offense.

That seems more plausible than him fretting over a comment and dwelling on it for days.

There is no doubt Boykin didn't cease hold of moment this season.. regression absolutely. I did search Boykin with my name as the poster.. nothing ludicrous for sure and nothing in relation to Jeffery. Please refresh my memory.

Are we keeping count of missteps in valuing a player? Haven't seen a ton do player evals well.. and they are making millions more than I.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Hard to be original in 2014...it's all been done.

I apologized to you above. It was Dexter Sinister not you who made the ridiculous comments in the offseason.

I appreciate your subjective view of my objectivity as much as I appreciate my subjective view of my objectivity. I will have to work harder on it.

BTW, I think you meant seize instead of cease above. [grin1]

Look at this thread...fun stuff. At least I think so. NFL'ers are human beings just like you and me. They are affected by the exact same things we are. I still think it played some role in his poor performance...how much? I will never know.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

9 years ago

Hard to be original in 2014...it's all been done.

I apologized to you above. It was Dexter Sinister not you who made the ridiculous comments in the offseason.

I appreciate your subjective view of my objectivity as much as I appreciate my subjective view of my objectivity. I will have to work harder on it.

BTW, I think you meant seize instead of cease above. [grin1]

Look at this thread...fun stuff. At least I think so. NFL'ers are human beings just like you and me. They are affected by the exact same things we are. I still think it played some role in his poor performance...how much? I will never know.

The reason some people think you say things just to stir the pot is not just because you say things that people don't wanna hear. It's because you never have anything good to say about the packers. Yes, you say ridiculous things, but you also Bring up many negative points about the packers that are valid and that are worthy of discussion. However, Your constant negativity outweighs your valid topic discussions. Instead posters are focusing on how you are always negative instead of focusing on the discussion topic. That will rarely lead to a productive conversation.

You do say things that people don't wanna hear but that stuff is good for this forum. However, sprinkle some positive packer posts here and there and I bet your posts would produce a much more productive conversation.

The season is almost over, no team looks unbeatable, enjoy it while it lasts because the offseason will be here before you know it! Now That is when it's a great time to discuss where the packers can improve!

[cheers]
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens....

I like all the negative Nancys at PH! I also like the rah rah boys and wish I could see everything the way they do, but unfortunately, I'm a cynical bastard through and through.

Uffda is good for this forum, period. He makes all of us look at things from a different perspective.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

The reason some people think you say things just to stir the pot is not just because you say things that people don't wanna hear. It's because you never have anything good to say about the packers. Yes, you say ridiculous things, but you also Bring up many negative points about the packers that are valid and that are worthy of discussion. However, Your constant negativity outweighs your valid topic discussions. Instead posters are focusing on how you are always negative instead of focusing on the discussion topic. That will rarely lead to a productive conversation.

You do say things that people don't wanna hear but that stuff is good for this forum. However, sprinkle some positive packer posts here and there and I bet your posts would produce a much more productive conversation.

The season is almost over, no team looks unbeatable, enjoy it while it lasts because the offseason will be here before you know it! Now That is when it's a great time to discuss where the packers can improve!

[cheers]

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

If my whole guise on a fun and successful season is seeing things indicative of that end, (bringing Lombardi home) then you're not going to see too much positive from me. I did call this team SB favorites after beating New England. I was thrilled with win and very disappointed with 2nd half. Ironically, we had another bad half of football this week marking 3 weeks in a row of poor performances in the 2nd half. I look for trends and signs and chinks in the armor that would preclude us from winning. I see way too many now. I was drinking the Koolaid a little after New England....I saw we could shut a great QB down...but that was AT HOME. So, I was excited we had a real solid shot of getting HFA where we would have a legit shot of advancing even with menacing Seattle out there. Now, I have lost all wind from the sail with the dreadful loss at Buffalo. Now, they go to Seattle if they want a ring. Good luck with that. Yes, I know any given blah blah blah...low, low percentage they win that one there. I guess we can hope somehow Arizona beats Seattle at home with their 3rd string QB. If that should happen, I will be right back on the train you guys like to ride.

Staring down the barrel of another wasted season doesn't make me happy. Another year off Aaron's clock...31 gone... there aren't all that many more. Don't kid yourself. To not maximize our opportunities is a frustrating thing to watch. We squandered it on Sunday and to me it feels like this season is already over, but you guys just don't know it yet. Or, if you get jollies of not wining the SB then I guess there might be lots of fun left for you. Beating Detroit for the division, if that is what that game is for won't do a thing for me. A division championship...woo hoo! Division champs! Think on that! Yipee! What do you get for that? I would've loved it had it been a win that would've given us HFA throughout but that is all but out the window now.
UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

If my whole guise on a fun and successful season is seeing things indicative of that end, (bringing Lombardi home) then you're not going to see too much positive from me. I did call this team SB favorites after beating New England. I was thrilled with win and very disappointed with 2nd half. Ironically, we had another bad half of football this week marking 3 weeks in a row of poor performances in the 2nd half. I look for trends and signs and chinks in the armor that would preclude us from winning. I see way too many now. I was drinking the Koolaid a little after New England....I saw we could shut a great QB down...but that was AT HOME. So, I was excited we had a real solid shot of getting HFA where we would have a legit shot of advancing even with menacing Seattle out there. Now, I have lost all wind from the sail with the dreadful loss at Buffalo. Now, they go to Seattle if they want a ring. Good luck with that. Yes, I know any given blah blah blah...low, low percentage they win that one there. I guess we can hope somehow Arizona beats Seattle at home with their 3rd string QB. If that should happen, I will be right back on the train you guys like to ride.

Staring down the barrel of another wasted season doesn't make me happy. Another year off Aaron's clock...31 gone... there aren't all that many more. Don't kid yourself. To not maximize our opportunities is a frustrating thing to watch. We squandered it on Sunday and to me it feels like this season is already over, but you guys just don't know it yet. Or, if you get jollies of not wining the SB then I guess there might be lots of fun left for you. Beating Detroit for the division, if that is what that game is for won't do a thing for me. A division championship...woo hoo! Division champs! Think on that! Yipee! What do you get for that? I would've loved it had it been a win that would've given us HFA throughout but that is all but out the window now.

Sadly this is the 500th time you have posted these same views.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

W I'm absolutely at a loss with this response.

I know son. That is part of the problem other members have with you but I don't mind. Keep trying slugger.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Sadly this is the 500th time you have posted these same views.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

That might be the 1000th time you've posted your laughing icons. You sure like those.

I would challenge you to post a couple of posts that reflected the exact same view.

UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

That might be the 1000th time you've posted your laughing icons. You sure like those.

I would challenge you to post a couple of posts that reflected the exact same view.

Let's do this again for another 15 pages.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!