Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Not sure that's accurate. What year is Randall in? What year is Jordy in? Randall is putting up much bigger numbers than Jordy much earlier in his career. It took Jordy 7 seasons to eclipse 90 receptions in a season. Randall did it in his 4th, and if not for injury he would've done it last season.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

80, 70, 76 and 68 were the most receptions by a Packers WR during Jordy's first four seasons with the Packers.

I wonder how much the likes of Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones and Jermichael Finley taking targets played into that.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
9 years ago
Once Randall Cobb leaves Green Bay his success will not be the same as it's in Green Bay. He will be lining up opposing teams #1 DB. They will be covering our double teaming him and most importantly he will not have the most accurate QB in NFL.

I cannot see Cobb succeed in Oakland or in Jacksonville. Randall Cobb will prove in the upcoming weeks if his playing for the money or playing for the SB. You would think coming this close to a SB & he just wants to leave for 1-2 million difference for a team that can't win 5 games in a season seems to me really sad. It's his decision at the end of the day, he probably thinks that this may of probably been his best season and wants to cash in as much as he can.

I doubt he will leave to go to another team offering 1 million more but if he does go for the lucrative deal I'd be quite disappointment in him. Look @ Jennings for example.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Once Randall Cobb leaves Green Bay his success will not be the same as it's in Green Bay. He will be lining up opposing teams #1 DB. They will be covering our double teaming him and most importantly he will not have the most accurate QB in NFL.

I cannot see Cobb succeed in Oakland or in Jacksonville. Randall Cobb will prove in the upcoming weeks if his playing for the money or playing for the SB. You would think coming this close to a SB & he just wants to leave for 1-2 million difference for a team that can't win 5 games in a season seems to me really sad. It's his decision at the end of the day, he probably thinks that this may of probably been his best season and wants to cash in as much as he can.

I doubt he will leave to go to another team offering 1 million more but if he does go for the lucrative deal I'd be quite disappointment in him. Look @ Jennings for example.

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

You could have substituted Jordy Nelson for Randall Cobb and kept everything else the same. Jordy would be diddly in Oak or Jax, too. I think Randall would fare better elsewhere than Jordy would.

I could be way off, Buck will tell ya, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn a lot of WR's do NOT like playing with Aaron Rodgers. Has Aaron lobbied for Randall at all?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

shield4life
9 years ago
He hasn't because he knows that it's not worth it. It comes down to the player and the GM. Rodgers knows very well that Cobb shouldn't get paid more then he think he should be. Rodgers lobbied for GJ & James Jones but Cobb's situation is totally different. His asking ridiculous amount of money and he doesn't seem to be a negotiable person.

As I said before and I'll repeat myself again, I would love to see him return his explosive but at what cost. Big contracts like this might not hurt you now but will come back to bite you at the end.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
greengold
9 years ago

IF we don't sign Randall, there had better be some big splash coming we wouldn't normally see like a Julius Thomas, or something.

If we don't sign Randall, it's because some other team paid him more than he is worth; plain and simple.

You can say its because the Packers don't want to win, or that it's because Ted Thompson is an idiot all you want. It doesn't make it true.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

If we don't sign Randall, it's because some other team paid him more than he is worth; plain and simple.

You can say its because the Packers don't want to win, or that it's because Ted Thompson is an idiot all you want. It doesn't make it true.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

Your first statement is illogical. He can't be paid more than he's worth. What he's paid he's worth. If another team sees him as worth more it is our team who doesn't see him worth it and that is an issue IF Randall goes on to have a HOF type career. Only then will we see how foolhardy it was not to cough a few extra mil per season.

NOBODY here knows what Randall is asking. I expect him to be back. I also will rip, mercilessly, our management if he is not. Draft, Develop, DEPART (when they prove to be stud players) Not a formula for success by anyone's measure. We kept STIFF Raji and paid him his worth that no one else saw but us. We better pay a class game changer who is young and upcoming. NO SPIN works here. None.

Do we have the money? If we let Tramon go, absolutely we do. I have limited faith in Davante Adams who seemed to regress at the end.

A 30 year old Jordy and who do we have if Randall leaves? NOTHING at TE... please, tell me what we have if he goes? You don't win very often with rookie WR's...them excelling is the exception not the rule.

Just give it to Lacy 400+ times.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
9 years ago

Your first statement is illogical. He can't be paid more than he's worth. What he's paid he's worth.

Seriously? You never heard of a bad contract? Look at the Bears. Jay Cutler is worth $54M for 2 years just because the Bears paid him that? 32 year old Jared Allen is worth $15M for 2 years just because that's what they paid him? I think not.

If you pay $50k for a new Chevy Malibu does that make your Chevy Malibu worth $50k? No, it means you paid $50k for a car that is worth $20k.

sschind
9 years ago

Seriously? You never heard of a bad contract? Look at the Bears. Jay Cutler is worth $54M for 2 years just because the Bears paid him that? 32 year old Jared Allen is worth $15M for 2 years just because that's what they paid him? I think not.

If you pay $50k for a new Chevy Malibu does that make your Chevy Malibu worth $50k? No, it means you paid $50k for a car that is worth $20k.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

Wait...you mean a new Chevy Malibu is not worth $50K? Damn Brother in law. I should have expected it from a bears fan.

mi_keys
9 years ago

Wait...you mean a new Chevy Malibu is not worth $50K? Damn Brother in law. I should have expected it from a bears fan.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Sounds like the Bears should've consulted your brother in law in the Marshall trade.
Born and bred a cheesehead
mi_keys
9 years ago

You lose Cobb and you have Jordy as your only proven guy and he's creeping up to the age where he's about to fall off. Why oh why they chose to give Jordy the money over Randall is the issue. I said it then and I'll resay it here. That was foolishness. The talent gap is negligible if not in Randall's favor but you gave the money to Jordy and are going to let a guy who is TWENTY FOUR nowhere near his prime walk because you gave the money to a near 30 year old WR? Tell me how that makes sense. You can't justify it.

Last year your narrative was that they could easily sign both, because that fit your argument in the Jimmy Graham thread. Now your narrative is that the Packers chose Jordy over Cobb, a narrative that's utter nonsense if the reports are true that we've offered Cobb upwards of $9M. Management clearly wants/wanted both.

And for the record, I want Cobb back.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (6h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (6h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (23h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.