steveishere
9 years ago

Wonder who will be starting opposing Sam Shields, Hayward - Hyde - * unsung hero * - draft.

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

At this point it's probably Shields and Hayward with Hyde in the slot. Hayward might not be as good outside as he is in the slot but I don't really see a rookie CB beating him out as a starter this year. If that happens I think we can feel pretty good about that rookie though because Hayward is pretty solid.
Yerko
9 years ago

The bad... Packers lose both Williams and House....
The good... both most likely get the Packers high comp picks (3rd/4th range) next year....

The new questions
1) Will the Packers be bringing in any outside FA CBs in?
2) What does the draft look like for the CB positions?
3) What are the chances the Packers move Hyde back to CB?
4) What does the draft look like for the CB positions? (in case #3 happens)
5) Can Richardson be a good #3 S? Or would they need more help there if they moved Hyde back?

Originally Posted by: beast 

1. Would be good to look around but pickings are getting slim. Zachary Bowman might be someone to look at.
2. One CB I have been drooling over is PJ Williams from FSU. I work with a guy that is good friends with him (played at the same high school) that said he has the tools to become an exceptional corner in the league. Big for a corner and has a good press game. Imo, someone who can manage coverage with Megatron and Alshon.
3. I think this is going to have to be done due to lack of depth at CB now.
4. Jalen Collins (LSU) is another name to consider here. Both Collins and Williams can easily be there at pick 30. Its just a matter of what Ted Thompson sees as more of a need, CB or ILB.
5. I like Richardson in the run game. That is about it. He is a physical safety.

Thinking about what I just wrote, I am freaking out a little now about the CB and ILB positions. There is a good chance that a Perryman, Dawson or Kendricks is available in the 2nd round but it is risky if Ted Thompson were to go the CB route in the first. For all we know, Ted Thompson might not even have any of these guys on his radar.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
We are instantly less soft with him gone. I am ecstatic. 3 of our softest players are no more...Hawk, Jones and Tramon.

Tramon will never see year 3 of his current deal and may not, depending on structure, see year 2.

I'm happy to see the change. My lasting memory will be him taking one to the house right before half in the playoff game at Atlanta.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I'm happy to see the change. My lasting memory will be him taking one to the house right before half in the playoff game at Atlanta.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

When that happened, I said "GAME OVER!". Can you imagine how debilitating that had to be? Trying to at least get into FG range and BOOM, tack on another 7 for the good guys.
UserPostedImage
porky88
9 years ago
Time to get Casey Heyward on the field more. He's way too underutilized.
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
Most of the time when a Packer signs with somebody else, I have bad feelings for them. Occasionally, though, when somebody who has given us excellence for a long time goes and literally FLEECES some other team, well, I'll just say Good Job and Good Luck. I hope enough of that $21 mil is guaranteed.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
dhazer
9 years ago

We are instantly less soft with him gone. I am ecstatic. 3 of our softest players are no more...Hawk, Jones and Tramon.

Tramon will never see year 3 of his current deal and may not, depending on structure, see year 2.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Seriously are you at all a Packer fan? You say those are all good moves but we did nothing to replace them. The defense was playing great at the end of the year but now you take away what 4 of the starters and you think its ok. Alot of people are saying its ok but what did we replace these guys with? Anyone Anyone Bueller? Right now we have 2 ILB that were what 3rd string bottom of the barrel CBs and no NT. Yaaaaaa I can see another 9-7 year coming because our defense won't stop anyone. Maybe thats why he banked so much on the whale and Cobb, hoping to outscore other teams. I think we have lost ground on the Seahawks and Cowboys and Eagles.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
greengold
9 years ago
Holy Crap! I don't see any details anywhere yet but I'm guessing he will make at least 50% more this year than he would have gotten here.

I actually wish him well and hope he does well ... but I don't see him living up to that contract. I think the offer for him to stay and retire as a Packer was more than fair.
musccy
9 years ago

Seriously are you at all a Packer fan? You say those are all good moves but we did nothing to replace them. The defense was playing great at the end of the year but now you take away what 4 of the starters and you think its ok. Alot of people are saying its ok but what did we replace these guys with? Anyone Anyone Bueller? Right now we have 2 ILB that were what 3rd string bottom of the barrel CBs and no NT. Yaaaaaa I can see another 9-7 year coming because our defense won't stop anyone. Maybe thats why he banked so much on the whale and Cobb, hoping to outscore other teams. I think we have lost ground on the Seahawks and Cowboys and Eagles.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

B. Jones was all but relegated to special teams, and Hawk was conceding snaps to Barrington. I'm not saying they're the answer, but don't forget we've got "hair on fire" Bradford, Mulumba, Palmer and others to experiment with along with the team all but certainly adding depth still via FA and the draft.

As for Tramon - I liked him just because of depth, but a 32 y.o. cb is going to become a liability sooner than later. The saying "better to cut a year too early than a year too late" comes to mind.

Yes, you're right we're left thin and nobody can be happy about that - but that also doesn't justify wasting money on players who won't adequately fill your needs.
dhazer
9 years ago

B. Jones was all but relegated to special teams, and Hawk was conceding snaps to Barrington. I'm not saying they're the answer, but don't forget we've got "hair on fire" Bradford, Mulumba, Palmer and others to experiment with along with the team all but certainly adding depth still via FA and the draft.

As for Tramon - I liked him just because of depth, but a 32 y.o. cb is going to become a liability sooner than later. The saying "better to cut a year too early than a year too late" comes to mind.

Yes, you're right we're left thin and nobody can be happy about that - but that also doesn't justify wasting money on players who won't adequately fill your needs.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

So your close to a Super Bowl and you let alot of your defense go and want to bank on rookies and untested players, ya thats the way to make it to the Super Bowl, oh ya and heaven forbid we over pay on anyone, not like we aren't overpaying for CM3. Ted Thompson acts like he gets to pocket the $21 million we still have in cap room. Oh well hopefully we can get a top 10 pick. Bad thing is we will be playing against the the weak Bears and Vikes and 1 win against the Lions lol. Well so much for a top 5 pick.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (1h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (2h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (5h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (5h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (5h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (21h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (21h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (21h) : fuck
beast (22h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (22h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.